wat cause u so trust ur mechanic

AccordRacing

2,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2005
kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
share some experience how u maintance/service or repair ur car,their attitude,hand work,responsible n kind.so u know wat u have done with ur lovely ride?pump

WinDz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
cant really rely and trust one mech wan ler... last time when i dunno shitz about car that time alwiz kena tipu by this mech that my mom send to .. he SKL me to pump my tyre 300lbs last time .. mahaiz wan 2 tyres pregnant within few months then mom not happy with it and go and ask him la why so easy da tyre become liddat. then i say lor he said pump 300 ma.. then i mer put 300 lor.. then he say .. no no .. what i mean is not 300lbs.. is another reading in the meter ( that time i dunno anything .. if not i sure tiu kau him.. jibai him.. if its not lbs then its PSI la.. if 300PSI makai letup like hell ler *sorry for the language. damn angry as i think back dat incident*) that also not enuff to piss me off.. when change tyre then he go take my car and change it at another place, dont let me folow wan .. take da car and go kau tim everything and come back to me and issue me a bill of 90 bucks for that tyre.. then one day i pass by this shop near by his shop(actually that time ealedi da 13" tyre cheap tyre is all around wan its 75 bucks only) then i stop at da shop and see the brand of the tyre which is exactly the same as mine... damn jibai wan this mech. kerat me 15 bucks for each tyres. *!(@&!*(@&!*(@&

then 2nd case is this new mech i go to service my car, i was told about getting bigger TB can increase performance by some frenz in the forum.. so i also go ask the mech.. mana tau again he SKL me tell me .. "yea laa.. change to perdana TB.. rm 400++, performance up alot oooo.. u know ah .. can do 8000rpm wan u knoww..." then i was blurred and i was like wtf... seriously 8000rpm meh .. then i ask him.. "stock 1.3 wor .. injection wan u know.. got ecu wan wor ... i tot 6500k aledi rev cut" then he go tell me "yea man .. can wan .. mine also wert... 1.3 stock .. everything stock ecu all stock can do 8000rpm wan " .. i was speechless and just drive my car away from dat workshop.. he SKL like we only know how to drive car and dunno shitz about it ..

i guess like what a forumer told me .. dont stick to one mech.. go to few mech.. what they do good and cheap .. go there for that particular service enuff aledi... dont all also give that mech do, sure will kerat kau kau wan ..

AccordRacing

2,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2005
kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
around my area i just trust 1 mechanic only,coz me sell spare part,can get comment from some customer n know wat the quality goods normally those mechanic take,so i pick up my own stuff n go for the specific n trustworthy mechanic to service or either repair,1 thing,me sure bring original thing for my ride n some more i can learn a little bit car repair,even the charge expensive a little bit,but i am confidense wat thing have install in my car :D

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Let's see... has been my family's mech for the last 8 years and willing to do house calls at any time even if outstation.

WinDz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
T_T why cant i meet a trustworthy mech wan... aihh .. kena con until i dun trust any mech around my area aledi..

AccordRacing

2,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2005
kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
haha....ask more sifus at ZTH sure can help u 1

WinDz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
umm.. so any recommandation on trustworthy mech around ampang area? i fed up searchin for mech that i can trust

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
1. i trust which ever mech that is able to proof he got the knowledge to do rather than boasting what he could do.
2. He should be honest e.g when he come across a difficult problem which he doesn't have the expertise or tools to solve it and he recommends u to another expert which is able to solve the problem.
3. He is humble enough to try your ideas when modification is involved and provide his point of view.
4. He should not recommend bullshit stuff (stupid addictives for example) for your car if you don't need it.

Thats why I love my mech even tho he is far from my place.. i'd drive or tow my car there for repairs and servicing. Even tho i sometimes go to other mechs for minor repairs.

p/s: If u wan to be certain the mech is not conning u... try a second opinion... for an expensive repair.. try 4th opinion... yes (get a estimate quote from four different workshops) for u to get the picture right.

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
i trust my mech
because he done many good job and there will be no others problem come out after the service
i try b4 on some services center the after the problem solve the others problem come out because of the bad workmanship cause other problem

although the prices are slightly expensive then others
eg RM90 for changing timing belt, oil seal and o-ring
out side been quoted for only RM65

but u all know lah the important of timing belt, oil seal ;)

lonewolf

1,000 RPM
Jun 3, 2004
Originally posted by WinDz@Mar 2 2005, 01:25
umm.. so any recommandation on trustworthy mech around ampang area? i fed up searchin for mech that i can trust
yeah..

along Kesas...go try KS AUTO...a very good champ..veyr honest guy

from ampang heading to zoo...there is a flyover..when u going down u will c gold color most..its just around there...somewhere opposite the zoo la

I

Indecided

I trust my mechanic because :

He can explain the problem in detail and will go to great lengths to make sure I know what's going on. He speaks relatively flawless english/canton.

He doesn't recommend radical changes to parts, or insist certain parts are faulty.. he does his checkups and is v honest in his work. He won't say spark plugs are gone when they're not.. he won't say your engine block is leaking when it isn't.

His clientele : Porshes, Lotuses, Mercs, Jaguars, Bentleys... etc frequent his shop for engine transplants and misc wiring. The older classic bunch lar. Even a Caterham 7 was there not too long ago.

WinDz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by Indecided@Mar 2 2005, 17:45
I trust my mechanic because :

He can explain the problem in detail and will go to great lengths to make sure I know what's going on. He speaks relatively flawless english/canton.

He doesn't recommend radical changes to parts, or insist certain parts are faulty.. he does his checkups and is v honest in his work. He won't say spark plugs are gone when they're not.. he won't say your engine block is leaking when it isn't.

His clientele : Porshes, Lotuses, Mercs, Jaguars, Bentleys... etc frequent his shop for engine transplants and misc wiring. The older classic bunch lar. Even a Caterham 7 was there not too long ago.
where is da workshop that u mentioned?

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by lonewolf+Mar 2 2005, 16:15 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lonewolf @ Mar 2 2005, 16:15 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-WinDz@Mar 2 2005, 01:25
umm.. so any recommandation on  trustworthy mech around ampang area? i fed up searchin for mech that i can trust
yeah..

along Kesas...go try KS AUTO...a very good champ..veyr honest guy

from ampang heading to zoo...there is a flyover..when u going down u will c gold color most..its just around there...somewhere opposite the zoo la [/b][/quote]
KS auto? or KS tyre? i noe KS tyre in melawati la.. but nvr go there la.. my dad go to setapak there.. behind the mainroad.. there got quite alot of place to mod car..

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Still don't have a permanent mechanic, but I think I just found one. ;)
Must see his skill 1st. :P

My mum's mechanic, i just feel like giving that idiot a tight slap. <_<

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

what is hologram? buffer trails?

who cares!!!!!....i pay 400 & i got my car ready in 4 hours while a shop ....u chop chop lo

master & visa card incoperations....what izzit...can use for shopping ke

abrasion holograms, often reffered to as buffer trails or machine...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience