vicious lsd and 1 way lsd

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
guys..need some info here im kinda blur on this la..what is the different of vicious lsd and 1 way lsd.? :albertein :albertein

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Viscous LSD uses fluids as a friction medium. This type of LSD comes in 1 way (works only during acceleration), 1.5 way (partially on decceleration) and 2 way (full effect both ways) also...

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
meaning.?i still cant understand ler..?..?both is also spining the wheel together..1 way and vicious...?

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
scheizer said:
like what zeroed said, viscous LSD uses fluids as a friction medium, meaning the viscosity of the fluild determines the lock. Where else ... 1 way lsd ie kaaz, cusco, are mechanical lsd.
ohh ic....thanx bro..:)hehhehe but still good for drifting right..?

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
ohh ok...thanx anyway so the info...still in more info..anyone else .??? :albertein :albertein

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Eh? What kind of info do you need?

All types of LSDs try to make both side of the wheels spin at equal speeds... the difference is under acceleration (1 way), full effect on acceleration and slight effect under deceleration (1.5 way) and full effect on both acceleration and deceleration(2 way).

Then they come in a few types, Viscous LSD uses fluids, Torque sensing LSDs are mechanical, etc... in drifting, I would say having a 1-way is sufficient.

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
Zeroed said:
Eh? What kind of info do you need?

All types of LSDs try to make both side of the wheels spin at equal speeds... the difference is under acceleration (1 way), full effect on acceleration and slight effect under deceleration (1.5 way) and full effect on both acceleration and deceleration(2 way).

Then they come in a few types, Viscous LSD uses fluids, Torque sensing LSDs are mechanical, etc... in drifting, I would say having a 1-way is sufficient.
can 1 way lsd be install at any type of differential.?? :albertein and how much does it cost.?a used wan maybe..

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
You can install any LSD as long as it fits... not sure if reconditioned or new, but I saw a Kaaz LSD for sale sometime ago for about 1.5k. :)

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Viscous LSD doen't usually have 'way' like mechanical multiplate LSD. You can't really consider it as '2 way' as the fluids is what make the wheels spin at the same speed, unlike mechanical LSDs where locking 'way' is determine by the way the cam groove is designed. I would say viscous is '1 way' coz it doesn't really lock (half for acceleration, half for deceleration, if you catch my joke...), and often the response is slower (or very slow) compared to mechanical LSDs.

As for drifting, mechanical multiplate LSD are recommended, and preferably AT LEAST a 1.5-way, although a 2-way will do the best. You wouldn't want a 1-way LSD for drifting, as it doesn't have any locking rate during deceleration, which will make it quite difficult if you want to do some weight transfer trick to kick the tail out, or switching side trying to maximize your drift angle.

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
ohh ic..thanx for the info..maybe i will just try out the vicious lsd first hehe kinda newbie..hehhe:)

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
just to add abit..

Even though viscous is not as popular as helical LSD,it does have its own advantage.Less maintenance and doesnt annoyed you too much :)..kak..kak..kak kak...hehhehe

Anyway Viscous LSD anytime will be better than open diff :)
hahahha and viscous abit scary also..haha...b4 it 'grips' u sure got goosebumps one lah..hahahahaha for a second....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We got an early look at an un-liveried version of the Nissan GT-R GT500 race car testing at Suzuka back in October. Nissan has finally revealed the final version today at the Tokyo Auto Salon complete with its all-new paint scheme that will be featured across all of Nissan motorsport in 2008. The design is a result of close cooperation between Nissan and NISMO with some input from a NISMO enthusiasts club. The red...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience