FWD Full Lock LSD gearbox

deVilz Inc

Known Member
Dec 15, 2003
Carjunk
Hi Guys,

I got an offer to trade in my standard GSR gearbox with a full lock lsd GSR gearbox. Was just wondering what are the disadvantages of a full lock for FWD. Comments greatly appreciated especially from those who might already be using a full lock FWD gearbox. Thanks!:burnout:

deVilz Inc

Known Member
Dec 15, 2003
Carjunk
was wondering how is it taking corners on highways etc..from what i read full lock on FWD tend to understeer. Most reviews i've read tend to recommend 1.5 way for FWD. So just wanted some input from the sifus or those who have experience using em..yeah i gotta top up a couple of hundred.

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
I'm using evo2 wif factory fitted lsd.... Ppl call it 1way???
Drove my fren's evo2 wif full lock before... Can never exit a junction wif one hand!!!!
The "pull back" feel is much greater than full lock mivec and stock b18cr full lock....
But my fren did told me high speed cornering is damn shiok!!
But at the end... He took out the full lock lsd as well... Cant stand the rough ride...

deVilz Inc

Known Member
Dec 15, 2003
Carjunk
Thanks calvin for the input. Some ppl told me that the "pull back" feel of full lock from evo/gsr gearboxes are different from that of a mivec/b18cr and you've confirmed it. According to them, its coz the evo full lock was made for 4wd and there is bound to be some difference (in feeling) if compared to a 2WD full locks i.e b18cr.

I hope the rough ride wont bother me much since i only take the car out during weekends (thanks to the gov charging RM2.50 for RON97!:mad:)

Any other feedback welcomed...

nikolaiski

Known Member
Nov 4, 2005
hey! i'm looking for a GSR gearbox that comes with an LSD as well...is there even such a thing? Or is it just the Evo 4WD and Mivec FWD gearboxes?

The Mivec gb ratios can kill the fuel tank if you go highway alot..and the Evo GB requires more modification to fit a Lancer CS..so...err..GSR GB with LSD..got such thing? :D

deVilz Inc

Known Member
Dec 15, 2003
Carjunk
Actually there is such a thing...but ...its very very hard to find. you can see from the url below there is a lsd gearbox for gsr. You can either get that (if u can find one) or I've heard of people putting the full lock from an evo gb into their gsr gearbox. You can also opt for Kaaz, Cusco lsd's etc which is not cheap.

Mitsubishi Gearbox Codes

nikolaiski

Known Member
Nov 4, 2005
yo.. thanks for the link! i actually have that saved, but it doesnt tell about the terbalik gearboxes :( lancer cs5 user here...haha..

ok wait, so if my GB does NOT come with an LSD, for example, CM5A or CK GSR gb, can i actually bolt on a Kaaz or Cusco LSD without changing the shafts, etc etc? basically, like in the Golf GTI and MINI Cooper S, Quaife makes LSDs where you can just bolt on...haha..something like that.

anyway, i agree with you on the feel of lsds...driving around full lock is gunna be hard and uncomfortable and you will only feel good driving the car hard ABOVE 110 km/h and above 3000+ rpm or near your peak torque...this was especially true on a solid axle KE70 that i once experimented with for pasir gudang in JB..but even the Evos with aftermarket 1.5 way front LSDs felt very "dramatic" when driving slowly..heh

Last edited:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
hahaha 1.5way FWD lsd's for hardcore drivers, no one will turn back after tasting the beat down at the tracks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can u all suggest to me what is the best car polish to use....
give a shine look and protect the colour....
hope can help me
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience