tyre pressure

Mikhai

Nov 12, 2005
As I know, the best is to follow manufacturer spec, not tyre types nor wheel size.

Rishy

Known Member
Oct 5, 2005
when is the best time to pump air ? cos there is a petrol station about 2 mins from my house...so is it best to pump air when the tyre's are still cold or i should drive around and warm them up first ? or at the end of the day of driving around ?

TQ

[s]UpErNoVa

Known Member
Feb 8, 2006
i would suggest u to go pump during night time when the road temperature is not that hot. if it's during afternoon then the road will be hot n ur car tire will tend to expand and so as the pressure inside so it's not that accurate anymore. night time is the best.. :regular_smile:

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
anyone of you know where to get an accurate tyre pressure gauge (dial type)? ppl have been telling me to head on donw to brothers but i'm afraid theirs isnt reliable.

help!

thanks.

ABV9750

Known Member
Feb 13, 2005
for EG 195/55 R15, i would like to suggest a 30psi = 210kpa. +/- 5 at good tyre.for old tyre more than 2 years, they said need to pump more??? emm..maybe the tyre compound is getting harder.logicly, the harder the tyre, lesser the pressure to maintain comfortability.
BUT for small compact car, 14" must be pmp at 180kpa.if not, you'll experience a harder impact unless you need a fst and sharp cornering

nowdays, newest petrol station use digital accurate pump. i assume this will give a perfect pressure needed cause the pump will +/- its pressure till get the exact setting on screen..nice suff.

ABV9750

Known Member
Feb 13, 2005
just to add...anyone tried Hidrogen inside tyre b4? they claim its can reduce the car unsprung weight due to its lightweight thus give a better comfortable and of course, saver.
how much they charge for all tyre nowdays? last time i saw an offer: rm20 for all.
how do we ensure they pump all hidrogen in?

kww

Oct 21, 2004
ABV9750 said:
just to add...anyone tried Hidrogen inside tyre b4? they claim its can reduce the car unsprung weight due to its lightweight thus give a better comfortable and of course, saver.
how much they charge for all tyre nowdays? last time i saw an offer: rm20 for all.
how do we ensure they pump all hidrogen in?
ABV9750, you mean Nitrogen? Hidrogen is highly flamable, you don't want to really 'Burn some tyres" would you?
If nitrogen, some shop offer even cheaper than rm20. Some user say more stable high speed, better cornering, more comfort.

ABV9750

Known Member
Feb 13, 2005
oppsss..i'm confuse. yeah! its the Nitrogen.cold gas. a few of my friends tried out b4 and its pretty cool. more comfort. somemore the nitrogen dew point could reach -75 deg C..wow...
hey..where's the shop offer less? btw, i'm at cheras.
they'll make money selling this for rm20. i think they should quote rm10 enough...

davidchen27

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
yeah! if u wanna pump, i would strongly suggest u stick to the manufacturer's spec loh.. better pump slightly less than the recommended ones.. otherwise u car's ride will be rather bumpy le.. well, if ur car is always full with occupants, then u should pump in exactly as recommended loh.. also, it is best to do the pumping at nite lo or in the morning when ur tyre has cool down.. :)

davidchen27

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
another thing with nitrogen is that it can last longer in ur tyre.. it doesnt expend or shrink due to sudden change in temperature.. it provides better comfort.. better still, u dun have to pump it frequently.. currently, u can get them filled at Eunos, 1U.. not sure whether do they still ahve it now... hmm.. im not too sure about the price.. but bear in mind, good or quality stuff doesnt come cheap!

davidchen27

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
whatdamn said:
anyone of you know where to get an accurate tyre pressure gauge (dial type)? ppl have been telling me to head on donw to brothers but i'm afraid theirs isnt reliable.

help!

thanks.
hmm.. nowadays u dun need to get any tyre pressure gauge le coz most of the petrol stat has been equipe with digital pump ma.. unless u r staying in kampung areas loh.. dun trust brother's wan la.. useless wan.. i bought two from them long long time ago.. both the gauge give me different reading under the same circumstances.. if u really interested to get one. head down to carrefour.. they do carry the digital ones.. cost about rm10.. hope it answers ur ques.. cheers!!

tl1987

Known Member
May 2, 2005
KL
erm if i not mistaken ur door frame or other car parts got state the manufacturer's spec rite ??? follow dat 1 wud be advisable...heheh...just my 2 cents..cheers :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

One of my hella horn isn't working (no sound).

Does anyone have experience repairing it? Could you please share.

Thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience