Tyre Pressure - The Ideal

masvidal

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Hi there.

Any suggestion on the ideal pressure for 195/50/15 tyre?

I'm afraid the tyre guy dont know what his doing....hehehe.

wetwetwater

Known Member
Mar 9, 2004
Puchong
Visit site
if i'm not mistaken, for any tire sizes, for normal everyday road travelling, and average of 28 - 32 PSi would be fine!

but maybe u would want to add a lil more for yr front ones coz its heavier at the front, that's if u drive an FF car.

try not to go too high. coz if then, tires will not grip.

fct

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
kluang,jb,spore
210kpa as maximun pressure for 195/50/15 is normally 300kpa which stated on the tyre.
normally we pump 65-70% from the maximun allowed because when travelling,tyre will heat up and air inside will expand a bit,then pressure will go higher automatically.so need to left allowance for it and also because need a more comfort drive.too many air inside tyre will make a bumpy feel.
please correct me if i m wrong....

masvidal

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
thanks for all the reply.

the tyre shop guy suggest using 32psi only.

but, the tyre looks like 'tak cukup angin' je.... i see some tyre on other people car looks 'padat'....

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
around 30-32 psi should be fine. And remember... this reading is for cool tyres... always pump your tyres when they are cool, NOT when its hot, or you'll get a wrong reading...

masvidal

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
minivan said:
around 30-32 psi should be fine. And remember... this reading is for cool tyres... always pump your tyres when they are cool, NOT when its hot, or you'll get a wrong reading...
if hot, the reading will be a bit high or low?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

On October 7, 2009, MICHELIN launched its first global advertising campaign. The new campaign’s slogan – “The right tire changes everything” – is intended to illustrate the competitive advantages of MICHELIN tires in media outlets around the world.
In response to today’s increasingly competitive business environment, MICHELIN has decided to launch an unconventional global campaign to explain to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience