Typical Proton Service

demonhill

Mar 15, 2006
There goes our proud proton service...

A CAR is supposed to be a safe vehicle to be in, but when it stops abruptly at a traffic light or when slowing down, it spells danger.
LEE of Puchong, who owns a special edition Proton Wira 1.5, says the problem persists despite sending the car to the Proton service centre.

“I have sent the car for inspection five to six times but the staff there can’t seem to solve the problem. My college-going daughter is driving it, and whenever she stops at a red light or slows down, the engine dies. It is unsafe,” says LEE, adding that the car is less than two years old and the mileage is only 30,000km.

To solve the problem, LEE said she once took the car to a mechanic, who advised her on what engine parts to change.

The next time LEE took it to the Proton service centre, she was told that the car was no longer under warranty.

“I was told that the warranty was considered void as I had sent it to an unauthorised workshop.

PROTON’S spokesman for the head of customer management centre says it is clearly stated in the terms and conditions of car purchase that Proton will not be liable for the warranty if the vehicle is sent to an unauthorised workshop.

She adds that LEE has not been consistently sending the vehicle for servicing at Proton, which is required when the mileage hits 1,000km, 5,000km and 10,000km.

“When her car was inspected by our staff, they found nothing wrong with the engine. The problem arose only when the car was handed back to her.

“Moreover, she had once sent it to an unauthorised workshop. Thus, we are not liable for the damage though it was under warranty,” she says.

From Malay Mail 10 OCT 2006

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum but I've seen a lot of great stuff going on here especially in the DIY sections. Truly Malaysia Boleh SPIRIT!!!

I've been wanting to install a engine start button for my car (for the cool factor ). Sorry in advance as I know that this DIY has been done on this DIY section before. I'm adding pictures to my post thru the process of installing the start button.

Here it goes...

1. Engine Start Button...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience