BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
600hp, Twin engined, turbocharged all wheel drive Hyundai Coupe RD1

Contribution from ektony
ektony said:
Don't forget to view paultan.org for Hyundai Tiburon RD2 double engine with more than 600hp and does the quarter mile in 10 secs.
Source
http://paultan.org/archives/2006/07/25/twin-engine-turbocharged-hyundai-coupe/
If you’ve watched The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, you would remember this scene where someone said he wouldn’t want his machai to be seen going around in a Hyundai. Well, I don’t think he’d mind this particular Hyundai. This Hyundai Tiburon (known on our market as the Hyundai Coupe) has two engines, both 2.0 liter turbocharged engines. You have one at the front making 309hp, and one at the back making 317hp, resulting in a total of over 600 horses and a technically an all wheel drive system. It does the quarter mile in 10.95 seconds on street tyres.

The car uses two independently controlled automatic transmissions, giving it the ability to operate in both drive and reverse at the same time! The smoke caused by the wheelspin as both engines threathen to tear the chassis apart in opposite directions guarantees a win in burnout contests effortlessly. Video after the jump.
guys, logon and watch the video.

from the video, I feel that the front and rear turbocharge engine make the balance during they perform Donut.

Damn even with single Turbocharge engine with 309hp i'm happy. :biggrin:

View it online or download it and view with your FLV player offline
Please be patient, the 5MB video take time to load.
[MEDIA]http://media.paultan.org/twinenginehyundai.flv[/MEDIA]

flv player download
http://www.flvplayer.com/

Last edited:

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
take the evo .. i won't let you drive a HYUNDAI!

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
that's why Han died before the movie finish, he said something wrong. :biggrin:

I'm not surprise japs try to push sales for Evo afterall it's not a secret that Mitsubishi is the only car manufacturer in japan that still making losses worldwide.

Last edited:

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
"What? You think I was gonna let you roll in a hyundai?"

I've seen the video of this twin-engined tiburon before...pretty insane idea, but I doubt it would be able to take any corners on the track...

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
The idea is radical and after watching the video, I wonder how long will the chasis of the car will last if the owner keep doing the double direction burnout.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
i dunno how the transmission thing work, but if it work like normal AWD, it shall work fine.

daniel, i dun think chassis will give a problem, coz our chassis is kind of SOLID. :biggrin: it's the transmission link, suspension that i worry.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
dartango, you shall create a new thread for this, so that it won't get mix up :biggrin:

dartango

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
BS,

I wish our forum would be more organized...like below an example....

General
Events & Gatherings
Performance Modifications
Tyres & Suspension
Exterior Modifications & Bodykits
ICE
Videos & Pictures
Others

That way we can create new message threads in the main categories. Also, some of the messages like taillights, angel lights & wing doors didn't get migrated across leh...

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
darrren, good suggestion, understood, in zth, that structure is not possible at this moment. and if i categorise it like that way, most of the section will be empty and all dump in general, that's what happen to old forum. :biggrin: I'll be the one doing mario job, moving thread to proper section, and the thread will get cool after i move it.

the old message i'll talk with tom, daniel raise the same request earlier, but i'm still waiting reply from tom.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

You have probably heard this story before about BMW working on a M-badged variant of the 1-Series. In fact it's been going on for years, we've seen spy shots and videos alleging to be that of the M-badged 1-Series, but nothing has been official, till now.

In an interview with German webzine "Auto-News", BMW M GmbH's Managing Director Dr. Kay Segler for the first time officially acknowledged the Bavarian...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience