Toyota 1 inch brake master cylinder

kaiwei

Aug 21, 2006
Hi

Anyone know which toyota has 1 inch brake master cylinder? i want to swap the stock 7/8 to 1 inch.

Yesterday i drove my dads 2003 camry. the brake pedal travel is long and mushy, with very little feedback that it was really hard to manipulate, to a point i consider the car is dangerous to drive.

i think the 7/8 inch master cylinder pair with a brake booster that has too much non-reaction stroke is what makes the brake so terrible.

1 inch master cylinder should firm up the the pedal feel quite a bit.

regards

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi

Anyone know which toyota has 1 inch brake master cylinder? i want to swap the stock 7/8 to 1 inch.

Yesterday i drove my dads 2003 camry. the brake pedal travel is long and mushy, with very little feedback that it was really hard to manipulate, to a point i consider the car is dangerous to drive.

i think the 7/8 inch master cylinder pair with a brake booster that has too much non-reaction stroke is what makes the brake so terrible.

1 inch master cylinder should firm up the the pedal feel quite a bit.

regards
Mushy brake pedal feel has a few possible causes.

1. You need to bleed and replace your brake oil. Old worn out oil will not work optimally and you'd be surprised how watery broken down worn out oil can be. Will definitely affect feel. Same goes for air bubbles in the brake system.

2. Your brake hoses are old are worn out. Flexing brake hoses (expansion) will most definitely affect brake pedal feel as well. Get them changed out if they are soft to press.

3. Your brake cylinder needs servicing because of worn seals. That's self explanatory.

The boffins in Toyota didn't make one of their top models crappy like you described. Camrys are sold all over the world so there has to be some level of quality and technology to the car.

kaiwei

Aug 21, 2006
My dad said it feels that way since day 1. he had brake pads and fluid changed few months ago.
He thinks it is ok cos he is used to it but i think the pedal feel is just terrible.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
oh btw, brake pad compound will change the way the pedal feels as well. All depends.

I personally would need to test the car to understand what you mean by "terrible". Personally I find only the Myvi 1.3 brakes are terrible, otherwise most cars have pretty decent brakes.

2,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2005
i like the myvi part, sold the car (bought in dec2010 and sold about a year after that) because of the crappy brakes, told a girl at the service center recently, she said her alza's brake also is like that compared to her kelisa's & from her reaction like no intention to bring this up to highest people in perodua, feel like want to summon perodua for the crappy myvi 1.3 brakes (mine was S.E. & manual btw), should/can we? any lawyers here?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
i like the myvi part, sold the car (bought in dec2010 and sold about a year after that) because of the crappy brakes, told a girl at the service center recently, she said her alza's brake also is like that compared to her kelisa's & from her reaction like no intention to bring this up to highest people in perodua, feel like want to summon perodua for the crappy myvi 1.3 brakes (mine was S.E. & manual btw), should/can we? any lawyers here?
You'll lose because first of all, the brakes work. They work like shit yes - but they work. Even the ABS works. It's not like they intermittently don't work or don't have brakes at all

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My dad said it feels that way since day 1. he had brake pads and fluid changed few months ago.
He thinks it is ok cos he is used to it but i think the pedal feel is just terrible.
Probably need to recheck the brakes as per bro. Izso post.
Your dad's comment is just like my colleague. Used his car out for lunch, he lazy to drive so pass his keys to me. Straight away I was like fighting the steering to get it going straight and he mentioned has been like that since day one. I was like "WTF" how have you been driving fighting the steering these few years. Immediately I drove to tyre shop, alignment, balance, tyres swapped but still have slight pull but not that bad, then tyre shop personnel shift the suspension mount around and everything was okay.
Having said the above, probably from day one the brakes have not been good, so need to check on it....:hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

oh btw, brake pad compound will change the way the pedal feels as well. All depends.

I personally would need to test the car to understand what you mean by "terrible". Personally I find only the Myvi 1.3 brakes are terrible, otherwise most cars have pretty decent brakes.
No wonder you are looking for the 1.5 calipers......:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi fellow ZTHians,
I'm currently feeling the clutch slip on my Wira Sedan.My ride is just a standard one,
infact i changed my whole clutch approcimately 2 yrs back with orig Proton clutch.I may need to change the clutch this time again.Can all sifus suggest me beside orig Proton clutch which would be an ideal and better performance than the orig Proton clutch.issit Mitsu clutch or Exedy ( not the performance 1 ) or u guys have any othr brands.BTW what's the price likely.
Appreciate yr...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience