The End Of Speeding

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

A time will come where derestricted autobahns, open throttle engines, hairpin turns, oversteer, understeer, burn outs, free revving engines and free flow exhausts among others will be a thing of the past. If you ever live to see that day, you have my sympathies. Electronics, computers, gadgets and engineers are fucking it all up for us petrol heads. Our kind is going to be cornered into some deep dark room in the middle of nowhere worshipping different kinds of engines.

That day is coming fast my friends for I bring news that ignites the start of our sorrows; GPS systems that prevent us from speeding.

A body called Transport for London which is responsible for the Underground, bus and river bus network has put an RFP for a company that can make an Intelligent Speed Adaptation system. And there are already vehicles out there on a trial run. Soon, every government in the world would want to adopt this system.

The device works by first knowing where the vehicle is, and what the speed limit in the area is. It works in the exact same way the Nissan GT-R knows when it’s on a track and removes the speed limiter but this will work in reverse. The car, YOUR car, will know when it’s in a 60km/h zone and will work to stop the driver from going above the limit. Although it won’t exactly be like I, Robot (above), but not for long.

It is said that in the beginning, the system would only vibrate the accelerator pedal, or make an annoying beeping noise to let the driver know when he/she is speeding. Something like how a Volvo does when there is a vehicle in the driver’s blind spot.

Currently there are no plans for the system to take complete control of the car, but it should be noted, that if there are already such systems in place, it would only be a matter of time before your car will be driving you.

I am with you when it comes to safe driving and I also agree that technology, to a certain extent, should be used to keep people safe. This is where things start getting interesting; with satellite’s monitoring where you are and if you’re within the speed limit, do you know who’s watching the satellite’s? We could soon be getting tickets for doing 63 in a 60-km/h zone. Money-making ploy? Really? You think so?

Well, I said it before, and I’m saying it again, the fewer electronics in your car, the better. I call for automotive democracy.

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
Freedom!

Owh..very good news then...for nerrrds.

I saw this documentary months ago regarding fully electronic control of our car. we even can sleep in the car and will be woke up (by the car too..) when we arrived to our destination-as being programmed. All researchers, engineers, scientists appreciate this.

Then i wonder curiously..what wil happen to mat kereta out there? no more half-cuts..no more supercharge, no more vtec talks..no more enjoy lah.. and all those nerds with 2-inch glasses do enjoy this technology but to me, NO..id rather drive my own.

My car, my rule.
Robots for pussies.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Re: Freedom!

Owh..very good news then...for nerrrds.

I saw this documentary months ago regarding fully electronic control of our car. we even can sleep in the car and will be woke up (by the car too..) when we arrived to our destination-as being programmed. All researchers, engineers, scientists appreciate this.

Then i wonder curiously..what wil happen to mat kereta out there? no more half-cuts..no more supercharge, no more vtec talks..no more enjoy lah.. and all those nerds with 2-inch glasses do enjoy this technology but to me, NO..id rather drive my own.

My car, my rule.
Robots for pussies.
i'm second that...:biggrin:

drMpower

May 1, 2006
why everybody suddenly be very concern about these speed kills thing?

speed never kill. as Professor Jeremy Clarkson said - speed doesnt kill. being suddenly stationary is. lol.

but seriously, what da fuss about these speed thing? installing GPS or some or rather would still not settle the argument.

its like you want to cure rape and immoral sex acts, by doing vasectomy or tubectomy.

it not only look and sound stupid. it is not even close to a solution.

Sekigun

Known Member
Dec 17, 2005
the day-----where the whole world become lazy----cars moving---driver sleeping in it----oh noooo....no more burnout..no more sliding...fully top speed (then what is it for the high meter in the car? duh**)

AnotherX

Oct 13, 2007
haha then the underground will come out with the anti-speed limiter 2 weeks later...