The best gearbox for drag 300-400m?

Jun 15, 2007
Ok firstly salute to all dragger sifu here!!!!!
i know this topic has been talking longtime agoo..but for me there's still no solution what is the best gearbox to fix for 4G63T(VR4) to drag 350-400m.
Let me remind guys what people said before:
- n/a gearbox quit respond but cannot tahan pecah...(perdana,mivec lsd,4g67 ,wira diesel)but still some people using it...
-evo 3 lsd gearbox?
-evo 3 rs gearbox?mana mau cari!!
-Vr4 AMG gearbox?mana mau cari!!
The very last news people said rojak gearbox play with the ratio....(i'm not familiar with the ratio calculation!!)
It might get interesting with latest info from our sifu here....so pls advise...thx..

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
well, from my experience, mirage turbo 2wd gearbox is good for 4g63s but quite hard to find.

i personally tried most of 4g63(rvr, chariot, vr4, vr4rs, evo) n 4g61 gearboxes and among all, i find vr4-rs (W5M332-WQNK) gearbox very very nice for drag.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
the other one that r rare but heard that is good is mitsus eclipse gearbox.
but the best gearbox is the mix&match one ler.u can customized ur ratio
to suit ur engine power.

Last edited:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i guess the ratio has to match with ur power rpm range
cant really say which one will suite
u can login to lancerregister.com and get the ratio for the evo gb's

evo lsd , evo rs , n all gb's can be found in halfcut shops mar

as for eclipse gb , i saw someone sell in zth b4 , try search
bt then i dnt know y , we want the eclipse gb , bt the ppl in us who r
using the eclipse want evo gb pulak , hehe

a rojak gb will be the best one, bt wht ratios to use ? u must be a pro to figure that out

ProTiara

Known Member
Aug 14, 2005
Shah Alam
yeahhhh...correct!the best way is you need play with the ratio so the power can be deliver and calculate with ur modification engine.if u really want the complete custom gearbox for your engine,we can discuss later cuz i think my friend wanna sell it.i really love to hear the sound come out from gear box...

YuHaNiSa

Known Member
May 24, 2007
we just change final drive up to what engine need...sample the gear make you wait to shift...we change big fd...

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
yeahhhh...correct!the best way is you need play with the ratio so the power can be deliver and calculate with ur modification engine.if u really want the complete custom gearbox for your engine,we can discuss later cuz i think my friend wanna sell it.i really love to hear the sound come out from gear box...
u like the gearbox sound???is it straight cut???wa lau eh....i find it annoying.
how r we suppose to use that kind of gearbox for daily commute.hehe...

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Since you so blalantly mentioned 'best gearbox'... then mah go for HKS Dogbox lorh. LoL... =p Do they have ah for 4G63 evo 1-3? I know they have for evo 4 onwards lar.

Does EVO3 RS exist? I thought RS only exists for evo5 onwards?

If you want the best gear ratio... that one u're going to have to custom select the ratios yourself. What ratios to select? That would depend on your car's powerband. You're going to have to select the ratio that would keep your car's RPM within your optimum RPM with every gearchange.

It can be easily calculated but only if you could find out every single gear's diammeter and number of teeth. =p

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
as for eclipse gb , i saw someone sell in zth b4 , try search
bt then i dnt know y , we want the eclipse gb , bt the ppl in us who r
using the eclipse want evo gb pulak , hehe
this gb is popular because it's come from the factory for fwd
eclipse gs-t n gt.so it's capable of withstanding the torque
of ur 4g63 while the ratio is ideal for fwd car unlike evos gb.
u need to lock the evo gb before u can use it on a fwd car.
the ratio for the evo gb is for 4wd so is not that ideal to
use it on a fwd car.my friend bought the eclipse gb
recently.the price is quite high.

ProTiara

Known Member
Aug 14, 2005
Shah Alam
not straight cut la...if like dat surely cannot use for daily purpose.juz play with the ratio enuff ma.how bout u rojak with the 4g61t mirage gearbox?the respone for 1st-3rd shift maybe enuff to jump-off ur car like 'katak lompat dari dimakan ular'.huhuhuh

mietredia

Jun 15, 2007
Does EVO3 RS exist? I thought RS only exists for evo5 onwards?

People said that Evo 3 RS come with ballbearing turbo code 49 not 47 as usually found! please correct it if wrong....

musang

Known Member
Sep 12, 2005
Nilai&Bangi
I am driving my car with ratio Box... GSR RS.

1st go 40++kmh
2nd 70++kmh
3rd 100+kmh
4th 140kmh
5th 170kmh max till red line..

but die driving at hiway 110kmh @ 4800rpm

musang

Known Member
Sep 12, 2005
Nilai&Bangi
wahahahahah yes.. but i can out run evo3, at 2nd 3rd 4th gear about 3cars distance before they tapau me.... fc... huhuhu Rm75.00 full tank on wira 1.6tank will go till 280km...

!!4g91!!

500 RPM
May 9, 2005
South Johor
some or myb majority for track car used rojak 4g61 n 4g63.. do some gear skim and plunk like gold color material i think copper or brass on center of the gear.. they said its for heat resistence.. seem the result is very good but didn't know the powerband of their engine.. tapau evo4-e7 on saturday nite sprint is possible all the time.. minimum cost is 4k-5k for gearbox its self.. wahlau..