Temperature Issue

Accord80

Known Member
Jun 2, 2004
Seattlewangsa
Driving a Myvi BOT an I have this problem. After driving for some long time (2 hour+++) and stop, the temperature is rising. But, the temp will going down after drive back. Same thing also happen when driving from home to office (around 4-5 days). FYI, the head has been PnP to the max, got alu radiatior and run without thermostat. The fan is in good condition. Went for pressure test, it shows okay. What does it mean? Do I need to install an oil cooler?

Attachments

Accord80

Known Member
Jun 2, 2004
Seattlewangsa
Ermm....just do it according to my mech. FYI, I'm still new to turbo coz playing NA for a long time. But since this is happened (overheating) I decided to put back and still monitoring. If someone with experience can help me with these...

judean

Known Member
Dec 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i noticed dat some ppl like to remove their themostat...
n normally their reason is so dat their engine wud always in a low temp condition...
can anyone clarify on this...?
logically n theoretically to me it seems like it can be done...
but juz like bro danzeterna said...
it's there for a reason rite...?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
well...i suspect the aluminium rads not have enough cooling capacity....

p/s:copper rads better than some aluminium rads

Accord80

Known Member
Jun 2, 2004
Seattlewangsa
Well, let's think from a negative side. Can it be the head warped?

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
i noticed dat some ppl like to remove their themostat...
n normally their reason is so dat their engine wud always in a low temp condition...
can anyone clarify on this...?
logically n theoretically to me it seems like it can be done...
but juz like bro danzeterna said...
it's there for a reason rite...?
Petrol powered car needs to operate on an optimal operating temperature. Having the thermostat on all the time with the temp lower than usual will cause higher fuel consumption also.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Thermostat valve open at certain temp degree to allows water to flow from engine to radiator........without thermostat mean ur water in cooling system is flowing all the time...that y the temp is low

If ur temp going up when idling(car x moving) and going down when moving....mostly is the fan issue....but not sure,u hv to double check d fan...add one more fan better

jeremylj

500 RPM
Jun 10, 2004
Driving a Myvi BOT an I have this problem. After driving for some long time (2 hour+++) and stop, the temperature is rising. But, the temp will going down after drive back. Same thing also happen when driving from home to office (around 4-5 days). FYI, the head has been PnP to the max, got alu radiatior and run without thermostat. The fan is in good condition. Went for pressure test, it shows okay. What does it mean? Do I need to install an oil cooler?

You mentioned tempreature will rise, how did you monitor it? External water tempreature meter? Or using your original meter? If external meter, how much is the range.? Have you checked the water level inside the radiator when cold? (Not the reserve tank)

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Like what Pomen GTR said, Alu rads are not actually as efficient as copper rads. The only advantage alu has over copper is that it doesn't rust and most of the time aftermarket alu rads are made bigger so their surface area is larger. You're better off with a 2/3 layer copper rad imho.

Engine oils run at their optimum viscousity at 100 degrees celsius. So if you take out the thermostat it'll take the oil much longer to reach optimum viscousity and what does that mean? It means your engine is not getting the proper lubrication for a longer period of time. And why is that important? 90% of all engine damage occurs at cold startup. So if it's cold longer, more engine damage. We're not talking catestrophic breakdown here, just faster wear and tear of the piston rings, valves, bearings and generally most metal bits and pieces inside the engine.

In this BOT overheating case - can I ask if you are using oversized pistons? Or did you just plug and play K3VET low comp pistons? I suggest you change your radiator cap as well as the thermostat to an aftermarket thermostat. It sounds like it's not opening early enough to compensate for the larger heat the BOT is causing. Either that or your radiator is not getting enough air. Some Myvi bodykits are very restrictive and what some people do is drill holes in the front chassis bit that's blocking the radiator.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,

ANyone heard of this brand ? I am planning to get Card Immobiliser to be install
in my car ...and i see varios of brand available and most of the function are the same but price wise.....Big Diffrent here is some of the quote get from the asking results varios shop near puchong area

1. Black Mamba (RM288 + RM80)
2. Power Guard (RM600) ---the look od this device 95% same as Black Mamba
3. True Guard (RM900) --this one claimed that US product ..but i search thru the net and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience