Telstar/626 Gang; Sleeper car!

spanker

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
Subang Jaya
well i assume he just thought it was just the valve cover gaskets. Bad thing is I didn't know for how long the oil has been seeping into the coolant because last time I check the radiator coolant was umm... 2 months ago.... yeah... shame on me. Well... lesson learnt i guess.

sudha

Known Member
Jun 11, 2004
Spank,

suggest you spend some time at the mechanic's place. Ask him to clean the engine up before it goes in, so you could check if there are any abnormalities.

Ask your mechanic to be very thorough...there has to be a reason why that engine is available...and once you have done all the checks, its time to consider changing those hoses in your engine bay. especially the cooling system.

regards,
sudha

wodern

Known Member
Nov 28, 2003
Guys, Im looking for Cronos front bumper. Anyone care to share info on this? Thanks :)

spanker

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
Subang Jaya
Hi fellas, it's been 4 years liao. My 626 Cronos is up for sale. I hate to give it up, but i lazy to maintain it liao. Any takers? I'll give you a really good deal.

weihuai

Apr 22, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What happened to this thread... 2005 suddenly died... After 4 years only revived...

Anyway, I'm new to ZTH forum. I'm from FOMEC Forum (nick lwh_813). Currently driving a Ford Telstar V6 Body 1998/99. Stock standard. The car mechanically is in BAD SHAPE. So bad that I was told to spent RM4000+ to keep the car in tip top condition. Here's the breakdown:

1) Left & right driveshaft gone (Est. 800),
2) Engine mounting Gone (Est. 1000),
3) Flywheel oil seal leaking - hairline crack (since November 2009) - Est RM600,
4) Rust spots in Roof ala. Wira (5 spots total) - New paint needed Est. RM1500,
5) Car Eating Engine oil. (Eg. Serviced 28 Dec 09, Oil DRIED UP Early march 10). Every 2 weeks need to top up engine oil since then. (This one dunno how much, need top overhaul? Anyone can help?

My dad asked me to SELL OF THE CAR! As NOT WORTH Spending anymore $$$ on a 12 yrs old car. I recently advertised in Mudah for sale for RM12800 Neg. 4 people viewed the car and all offered RM8000 only. I really liked the car. It rides and handles better + quieter & more stable at high speed than my Dad's 2008 Civic FD2 2.0IVTEC.

Planning to get a NEW Proton Persona Hi-line to replace this baby...

ordni

Feb 19, 2009
jakarta
hi all.. im driving a 20years old mazda MX6, it's the coupe version of mazda capella..

some pic..

[/quote]

idzhar

Nov 14, 2006
SHAH ALAM
HI GUYS.IM DRIVE FORD TELSTAR 83.SPEND ABOUT RM3500 FOR REPAIR.CHANGE 4 SET ABSOBER,SPORTRIM 15 AND OTHER.I WANT TO KNOW WHAT ENGINE TO SWAP TO MY POWER FAST FORD.PEACE GUYS :biggrin:

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
Anyone wants a whole 96 Telstar Ghia 4 door sedan 2.0 car? It still runs but with the usual wear and tear.

Mainly for parts.

PM me.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Radiators to a car is the skin to a human being. Without it, the body cannot release heat generated internally via the sweat glands. Similarly the radiator transfers the heat from the engine block to the coolant and out to the atmosphere through the radiator.

It's also said that for every degree lost is a horse-power gained. So it only makes sense that you change the coolant in the system to ensure maximum cooling...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience