Tein S-Tech Spring for Evo9 ?

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
Did anyone actually tried using Tein S-tech spring with original e9 bilstein absorber?

I need your experienced feedback here as someone told me that the spring cannot fitted on e9 ori bilstein absorber unless by-force or improper installation. And this information also provided in tein JAPAN official web site that tein does not produce S-tech spring for e9 atm ( http://www.tein.co.jp/products_search/jp/shashu_tekigo.cgi?lang=e&make=MITSUBISHI )

However, in USA & UK tein, they do have S-tech spring that Capability with evo 9.

I'd sent an inquiry to Tein regarding this matter, and beside i hope that other sifu or experienced users could give me a guide over here..

Thanks..

Btw, did anyone heard of "Extend" suspension? any feedback on this suspension?
Beside Tein spring, what are the spring that are recommended for evo9? I meant pnp 100% fitted and without any problem esp noise..

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
interesting topic... i also wait for any suggestion/comment from viewer.
May I know, any reason you choosing Tein S-tech spring with original e9 bilstein absorber?

Some quoted, Eibach Spring will do a good job with the Bilstein.
Coz I planning to change my suspension soon.

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
I chose Tein because i've seen people using it..But when i made an inquiry, i was so blur that they told me is not suitable...
So far i'd no idea about the pros and cons, but what i know is,
Pros : Cheap lo, hahaha..no budget atm so use spring first since is -rm1k..

Cons : if you're using tein spring, there will be a sound, but can be eliminate by adding some damper or watsoever. And i also heard ppl saying that, if u're just using the spring, it cannot actually handle corner very well...

i also seen ppl using Eibach spring with e9 bilstein. But i couldn't know if things will happen to be if using Tein or not. Bro, u got any feedback on this?

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
clanzkiller,

My friend using Bilstein Series B8 along with the Eibach springs for his E7GTA.
The car lowered about 30mm from the existing heights.
He told me, it seems soft but comfortable for long journey.

I also looking forward to get Bilstein B12 or B16 (adjustable)
But the B16 (adjustable) cost too high, make me to think twice.
I need a good ground clearance for off-road condition.

Base on the link you provide, I will not install the Bilstein with Tein Spring if the technical said cannot be match...

Last edited:

Jun_EK9

1,000 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
dont think is a good idea to match both as bilstein already make it 1 of the best street sport suspension.
if wanna go lowered then just change whole damper

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
pangyau : how about evo 9? from what i heard, evo 7 and evo 9 bilstein is diff..how much is B12/B16 ??

Jun_ek9 : hurmm ok then..thanks for the advise bro...then i need sometimes to collect money and change lo.. :(

Anyway, Tein.Co.JP has replied my email..unfortunately, there do not have any S-tech model that suit with evo 9 bilstein....

Aug 8, 2008
I was planning to get Tein spring too but there's few negative feedback in evolutionm forum in the states matching Tein & Bilstein...
not sure how true ...
more positive feedbacks on Eibach & Swift springs ...

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
they (tein) don't produce s-tech for e9.if u insist on installing s-tech from later evo's,it will
make sound as the spring didn't sit properly on the bilstein spring cup.the only solution to
that is to wrap the spring with rubber hose to eliminate the sound.

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
GT_Auto
so means that i can still use the S-tech spring that used to install on e7?
ok beside sounds, any disadvantage on cornering and handling? will it improve handling and cornering ?

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
GT_Auto
so means that i can still use the S-tech spring that used to install on e7?
ok beside sounds, any disadvantage on cornering and handling? will it improve handling and cornering ?
lower then ur oem spring.if i'm not mistaken,abit firmer then oem too.i drive the car and it feels a bit bumpy.i like the feel of it.not that harsh but yet not that soft.remember this though.this is
subjective question.maybe this set up is not ur cup of tea.this is just my evaluation after driving e9 with tein spring.....hehehe.:biggrin:

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
thanks for the info about that gt_auto.
understood that it is subjective. I think it will be more softer if were to use tein monoflex ?
just that i don wan the spring to give any problem...like if i change the spring just because of lowered, but handling wise reduce, then is not a good option for it...ya of course lowered car can increase handling, but if take sharp corner, will the spring be able to handle? like 90-150degree corner with 1st gear boosting all the way...since is consider an improper installment of compatibility wise, i afraid it might give problem instead of helping..

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
thanks for the info about that gt_auto.
understood that it is subjective. I think it will be more softer if were to use tein monoflex ?
just that i don wan the spring to give any problem...like if i change the spring just because of lowered, but handling wise reduce, then is not a good option for it...ya of course lowered car can increase handling, but if take sharp corner, will the spring be able to handle? like 90-150degree corner with 1st gear boosting all the way...since is consider an improper installment of compatibility wise, i afraid it might give problem instead of helping..
of course it will be softer then monoflex bro.90 degree corner with full boost on first gear?cannot lar bro..haha.after all it's just a sport spring.hehehe...:biggrin:

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
aiyoo...currently using the original e9 bilstein with toyo, taking U-turn 180 degree corner with full boost, 4wd also can drift lolzz...even 90 degree also can feel abit of backside throwing a lil bit out...

so in this situation, no sound or other funny2 things will happen rite?

ok bro thanks for your opinion and advise..u got any suggestion on where to go to do this kind of spring wrapping ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

allo all the body stillo sifu do u know how to make bodikit from fibre....
can give me a little help here................
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience