Suspension Change Advice!

dr.who

Known Member
Jul 25, 2006
Hey guys,

Need advice before changing / upgrading suspension.
I'm currently interested in either Hotbits or TIEN.

TIEN is quite pricey on the Super Street Dampers, is the Basic model worth the money?

Furthermore, does HotBits have the similar range.

Hope to get feedback.

GoldenHawk

500 RPM
Aug 6, 2004
1. What car are you driving
2. What are you looking for in your suspension system? Ride comfort? Stability or all-out track?

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
im also interested to upgrade to adjustables.....been using sports spring for years on my wira 1.5m.....recently my friend upgraded to HWL...i tried & its was bouncing too much....mayb bcos he has set it too low.......

...actually im keen on hotbits silver series or gab....both more or less same price....... my concern i use my car daily to work and practically to everywhr i go........so wil it be practical to use adjustable??? or shd i jz stick to my current sports springss??........i want a confortable ride with lowered looks only.......

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
im also interested to upgrade to adjustables.....been using sports spring for years on my wira 1.5m.....recently my friend upgraded to HWL...i tried & its was bouncing too much....mayb bcos he has set it too low.......

...actually im keen on hotbits silver series or gab....both more or less same price....... my concern i use my car daily to work and practically to everywhr i go........so wil it be practical to use adjustable??? or shd i jz stick to my current sports springss??........i want a confortable ride with lowered looks only.......
in ur case, better just stick to current setup. the best for lowered look+comfort...

dr.who

Known Member
Jul 25, 2006
I'm currently driving a satria 1.3.
I'm looking for a lowered look while maintaining the comfortable ride.
I've been using the sport springs for quite sometime and feel like i need a better ride.( as all of you know the road is not improving).

Hoping to get your advice.

TQ.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007

I'm told the GAB adjustables will be quite stiff. They are catered more for performance and/or trackday enthusiasts, and therefore comfort is relegated to a secondary consideration.

I'm using the non-adjustable GAB SA Series sport springs and dampers for my Iswara. These are meant to be daily driven. They stiffen your ride a little and gives much improved handling and damping but will still be practical enough for daily driving....it won't shake the fillings out of your teeth. The SA Series will also lower your ride, but don't expect a radically slammed ride with your wheels tucked all the way into the wheel-wells. I can still stick about 4 fingers into the wheel gap (I got small hands by the way, so the description is all relative).

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com

I'm currently driving a satria 1.3.
I'm looking for a lowered look while maintaining the comfortable ride.
I've been using the sport springs for quite sometime and feel like i need a better ride.( as all of you know the road is not improving).

Hoping to get your advice.

TQ.
bro's,listen to khoyos,if u want comfort,don't go for adjustable suspension.

Last edited:

strangex2

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
Like everyone says, there's a trade off between performance and comfort. You gain on one side, you lose on the other. But then again, you are looking for lowered ride, not performance eh? Go and try out Eibach. High price, comfort, lowered.

LEVIN30

Known Member
Jun 11, 2007
How about the hi/lo/soft/hard adjustables?
i think comfort with control and looks can be combined

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
How about the hi/lo/soft/hard adjustables?
i think comfort with control and looks can be combined
i don't think that adj can be considered as comfort bro even though
the damping can be adjust.the harshness of the ride is on the spring
not the abs.

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
yup, even u adjusted to super duper softest, it wont.. for me adjustable more to performance, not comfort ride, sport spring + gas absober should be enuf if u want to lower looks onli..

if adjustable, tein got my vote..

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
u can gain good handling by using coil over adjustable ... lower sport spring is just a basic.
Compare on body roll, coil over really make a good job compre on sport spring especially on Proton as our car front suspension system is set up with large inner diameter spring.

strangex2

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
But then, body roll and comfort is 2 different things.

When turn corner, less body roll syiok lah, feel more 'grounded' and stable. But then, for bumps (ecspecially those black, unengineered bumps) and potholes and uneven roads on KL roads, you don't want a stiff and bumpy suspension.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
u can select different of spring rate to match ur requirement.
once u are driving on coil over adjustable, I believe, u will not back to lower sport spring.
Lousy suspension? u will feel scary when u turn a conner.... badly on front wheel body roll :biggrin: