Suggestion for good handling manual car under RM80k

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
I'm currently driving an old Honda from the 90's. In 5-6 years time, it will be about 20 years old. Young for a human but very old for a car. I guess in if we calculate it in human age it will be about 85-90 years old already.. :biggrin:. The reason I'm still using it at the moment is:

1. Money no enough...:embarassed:
2. I love it, seldom give me problem, fun to drive, good throttle response and it's a manual.
3. There's no new car on the market (within my budget) at the moment that I actually want.

In 1-2 years time, I plan to get a new car to replace my old faithful ride. There are 7 things that I want the car to have:

1. It's a manual (I hate autos)
2. Sedan
3. Handles well
4. Reasonable FC
5. Reasonable ride comfort
6. Looks good
7. Affordable to maintain in the long run

If there's really no option, I can consider getting a good conditioned used car no older than 3 years / 50,000km.

Can anyone give me a suggestion? It can be local, Japs, Korean or Euro but definitely not China cars, hehe.. Thanks in advance.. :driver:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
for the time being i think only forte (if available in manual)...or preve (if the manual does come sooner or later)

other than that for the moment, go for 2ndhand car or just maintain your current while go buy cheap sporty yet powerfull toy car....atleast u got something to play in the weekend without burning too much holes in your bank account :adore: me just suggesting

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
for the time being i think only forte (if available in manual)...or preve (if the manual does come sooner or later)

other than that for the moment, go for 2ndhand car or just maintain your current while go buy cheap sporty yet powerfull toy car....atleast u got something to play in the weekend without burning too much holes in your bank account :adore: me just suggesting
Hey thanks for the suggestion. I do really hope Proton come up with a 6-speed manual Preve CFE in the future. I did test drive the Preve CFE twice but really felt the CVT gearbox not up to my expectation. Other than that no complains at all. Err.. You said toy car you mean the remote control one ah? :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

satria neo CPS R3 :D
This one of course very fun, but I'm married and maybe having kids soon. So must get a sedan. That's one of the downsides being a married guy. But who knows, maybe I'll just close one eye and book one while it's still available, hehe..

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm very limited options that can fit all your criteria there. IMHO the best choice is the Nissan Sentra. More or less similar to your old Civic. It's a simple basic sedan, still available new in manual, not much modern feature but fits pretty much all your criteria. (I know in full std form, it doesn't look that appealing to fulfill point no. 6 but put on the Impul body kit, some lowering sport springs, and decent 16' wheels and it would look much better already).

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Toyota Altezza.

1. It's a manual (I hate autos) >> check
2. Sedan >> check
3. Handles well >> check
4. Reasonable FC >> er... depends what you consider reasonable. compared to BMW 3 series E46, same same. compared to EVO/STi, very good.
5. Reasonable ride comfort >> check
6. Looks good >> depends what you consider look good..
7. Affordable to maintain in the long run >> Toyota, check

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Concur with the Altezza! But I'd be damned if you can find one that's in great condition for 80k

The other car I was thinking of is the Audi A4T. These cars have no 2nd hand value but if you get a good condition one, they are crazy awesome cars to drive. Maintenance is a bit of an issue only.

Also, since you're thinking about family, a sedan won't be enough unless you plan on only one kid. Take it from me! So I'd suggest the Toyota Wish but those are autos la.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
imprezas and evos in 2ndhand market is a bit more affordable now.....just pick which u like......new sedan cars for 80ks that sporty enough for now are second to none..... :biggrin:

but i like Audi A4 (1.8T) like iszo says...very tempting.... :adore:

p/s:toy car i meant earlier not RC car..but cheap car that u can trash and not worry of the damage because it was really cheap :adore:

Last edited:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into each one, do more research, it's pros and cons etc. :driver:

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
Tezza is good ...
Not much other choice for you lah..bro

Transplant can or not ?
1.7civic face-lift with k20a loh....got speed got door got FC got handle got cheap maintainance too
Some more half cut can get brembo too - got brake some more
many people scare you too...

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
May I suggest Civic FD2 I know it's only auto over here and cost slightly RM80k upwards for a used unit, but it fits your requirement nicely if you can sort out the 2 issues mentioned.

1. It's a manual (Some one can convert for you right here )
2. Sedan √
3. Handles well √
4. Reasonable FC √
5. Reasonable ride comfort √
6. Looks good √
7. Affordable to maintain in the long run √

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Tezza is good ...
Not much other choice for you lah..bro

Transplant can or not ?
1.7civic face-lift with k20a loh....got speed got door got FC got handle got cheap maintainance too
Some more half cut can get brembo too - got brake some more
many people scare you too...
K20 halfcuts also quite affordable right these days? :laugh: Might as well get the ES 2.0 auto convert to manual.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
inspira 1.8mt, priced at rm79k, new, with warranty, mitsu dna, great handling, sedan, good fc, ride n handling by lotus, affordable and look wise, u can have so many options of bodykit and rims....anyway decision still yours...just giving my 2cents...

Taro11

May 20, 2009
shah alam
inspira 1.8mt, priced at rm79k, new, with warranty, mitsu dna, great handling, sedan, good fc, ride n handling by lotus, affordable and look wise, u can have so many options of bodykit and rims....anyway decision still yours...just giving my 2cents...
great car...even though it copy paste frm mitsubishi..:rock:

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
i am being biased.... altezza for sure...... :rofl:

pls go to altezza section in zth and see FAQ....if u are curious...:proud:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys ... another GTI belonging to an ex-colleague of mine got stolen in Taman Desa on Thursday, 26th October.

Everthing original except with nice rims, plate number bearing
WKP 7052

Got any lead, I think can straight away call the local authorities liao....

Sigh, wonder how can these pathetic people live their life each day by making other people's life a misery.

>:P
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience