wsukun

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2008
London Calling
this is what happen to my friend's r34vspecII
revving hard from 2nd to 3rd
part of gearbox housing broke into pieces due to clutches mechanical problem
pics above for viewing "pleasure"
anyone knows theres any gearbox for sale?
kindly let me know

wsukun

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2008
London Calling
yeah, thats crazy
workshop guys said they "first time" sees such condition
usually what happens would be gears failure, clutch problem and bla bla bla
but housing pecah, they said "first time"
i guess the housing unable to withstand the force of the clutches impact
the last pic shows the pieces of bronze thingy i don know whats the name of it something like flywheel or clutch disc, i dont know

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Normally happens when you use "economical" lightened flywheel.

I have seen photos of flywheel disintegrate on skyline which cut a hole thru the bell-housing and thru the chassis sides and bonnet.

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
exact same thing happen to my buddies R34 gtr last week. it was revved hard and it broke when the gears were slammed into 3rd gear. the exedy 3puck gave way smashing the bell housing.

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
fcking sht, look at the puck! practically disengaged into pieces!

btw, did he use a certain local brand that u know, comes in black boxes with very bling bling silver words on cover one?or a certain japanese brand with blue/pink box but being re-branded as D***** when made in malaysia but still box uses the japanese brand, E****?

scarry, must dully note down not to use cheap pucks.

wsukun

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2008
London Calling
Wow... very ..... 'eye catching' rims...
sarcasm :rolleyes:.. haha
changing to lightweight 19" sooner leh..

Normally happens when you use "economical" lightened flywheel.

I have seen photos of flywheel disintegrate on skyline which cut a hole thru the bell-housing and thru the chassis sides and bonnet.
its not because using any "economical" flywheel, as my friends said, becuase of using unsuitable flywheel from R33/R32 something like that. anyway, rojak style la then damn, gearbox housing kaput

exact same thing happen to my buddies R34 gtr last week. it was revved hard and it broke when the gears were slammed into 3rd gear. the exedy 3puck gave way smashing the bell housing.
actually i believe THATS your buddy R34. Teh zai there, BBH 1JZ isn't? :rofl:

fcking sht, look at the puck! practically disengaged into pieces!

btw, did he use a certain local brand that u know, comes in black boxes with very bling bling silver words on cover one?or a certain japanese brand with blue/pink box but being re-branded as D***** when made in malaysia but still box uses the japanese brand, E****?

scarry, must dully note down not to use cheap pucks.
i have no idea brother.. i will keep u update with the news..

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
its not because using any "economical" flywheel, as my friends said, becuase of using unsuitable flywheel from R33/R32 something like that. anyway, rojak style la then damn, gearbox housing kaput

Now, that explained alot ... :banghead:

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
Now, that explained alot ... :banghead:[/QUOT]

wow, don't think its money problem ,maybe push-to-pull conversion done wrongly?

ok la ok lah dont want so sampat ask so much. i wait in anticipation for the real answer(can't help it, kepoh mode ON now)

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Holly cow...that's the 1st time I saw something like this happen...damage look like it had hit a big rock....wow....

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
nola... its not the matter of modification done to the clutch to fit into the stock flywheel. its the 3 puck's pins that gave way and shattered the whole thing. the flywheel is intact. it happen to me once b4, clutch broke into pieces but im more lucky as my bell housing didnt broke. happened to me during clutch kicking when drifting in an industrial park.

in fact i didnt even noticed the photo properly that the car owner is actually standing beneath the car... haha

wsukun may i know who u are...????

Last edited: