Some question on noisy engine

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

rattan

1,500 RPM
PUTRA - Need Help

My fren just bought an auto putra 1.8 year 97. I drove the car and the engine feel very harsh. Do u think he should do valve cleaning and injector cleaning ? If yes whats the cost involved?

Later today he called me n told that the radiator is leaking so the leakage hit the engine and the gasket need to be replaced which the mec qouted him for RM 400 ? Isit possible for this to happen or the mec is cutting throat ? Ok lets assume he wants to replace the gasket, how much will it cost ?

Please reply with suggestions to restore the engine and give the car a new fresh feel. :_:

Last edited:
93 gasket bout 60 70 bucks.. labour 2 change gasket bout 150.. n if he gets a double layer radiator fr chop shop around 150..

but yeah.. over heating problem makes the gasket leak

Freedom_Blue : what do they do on top overhaul ? Clean the valves and springs ?

Cleaning all carbon out,valve grinding, if request head skiming,change head gasket,oil seals and etc..Will also check on timing belt status,valve clearance,full tuning but all depends on the mech...

better i u change all part like timing belt n water pump...coz it will be 1 time job,u will know all the parts is new and u can start counting the mileage from there......juz my2cents

agree wif flushafteruse... find a good and skillful mech.. coz valve clearance n valve grinding needs skill.. so wats the status now?? i mean ur engine..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom