Some developments on SSO Finals 5dot5

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
The SSO Finals 5dot5 for the 2005/06 SSO Championship will be held on 20 and 21 January 2005. Yes, that date is correct: Friday and Saturday, with pre-qualifying for Time Attack and Drift Attack on Friday, and showdown for Time Attack and Drift Attack on Saturday.

Due to this event being the final in the championship, and also acting as a "preview" for greater things to come for the 2006 SSO Championship, the format will be changed, as a 'prelude' to the new, revised, and more spectator-friendly format.

Time Attack on Friday will run as per usual, to select the Top-4 from each category to come back on Saturday for a head-to-head showdown on a tighter, autocross-type track in front of the spectators. (We wanted to do Touge-style but AAM have some issues as competitors don't run rollcages :D )

Drift on Friday will be a pre-qualifier (inlcudes 2hr practise and 1 judged run) for the NON-SEEDED drivers (Top-8 in the Championship are now Seeded). The top-12 Non-Seeded qualifiers will join the seeded drivers on Saturday, for another round of practise, 1 judged run, and then the Tsuiso.
We are also introducing a new drift category, "Tandem Team Drift", with practise on Friday and Saturday, and the judged runs (3-runs) on Saturday evening.

So, there's a lot going on now as we are taking SSO upmarket and trying to break it into the mainstream. There will be more media, TV crews, etc so let's make it one hell of a show everyone!!!

Lastly: there will be some Japanese superstars coming down to grace out event, as an "intro" for the 2006 Championship. Sadly it's not Nami Amuro :love: or Ayumi Hamasaki, and neither is it Akira Watase nor Nao Oikawa :biggrin:. But, these dudes will ROCK YOUR WORLD.. Trust Me!!!

/adian

DoNuT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
www.drifthouse.net
tsuchiya and kazama... hmmm sound's cool hehe. I'll pray hard for that :)

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
Wah demon, damn a lot of information la you got.. where on earth did you here about this from? Anyway, we're very close to closing some deals, but we'd rather not mention anything concrete until everything is confirmed, so as they say in 70s tv.. saty tuned for more action!

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
1 Tengku Djan
2 Ser Ming Hui (Ah Fai)
3 Zero Lim Kim Ling
4 Lim Zee King
5 Tee Wee Jin
6= Jerry Choo
6= Tan Tat Wei
8 Ee Yoong Chern

These guys don't have to pre-qualify for Saturday's Best 20 single judged run. They still pay RM100 if they are entering, and they get to practise on Friday, and enter the Tandem Team Drift event if they wish.

If 1 of the above does not enter, it means therefore that there will be only 7 seeded drivers, and so the best 13 from Friday's qualifying get to run on Saturday.

/adian

cheaka

500 RPM
Dec 22, 2003
Malaysia
www.syncoptima.com
Demon said:
adian,

hehe... i'm with Amprex ler... :) but.. i think i shall stop disclosing soo much info from now on.. :)

next year's SSO's are gonna be hot hot hot!

Guys,

Make sure you guys sign up!
Demon,

Welcome to our humble section.....do keep us dupated on what's going to happen for the next SSO???

:top:

cheaka

500 RPM
Dec 22, 2003
Malaysia
www.syncoptima.com
DoNuT said:
hmmm great.. oh okie.. will hope to enter this event :)
You sure enter one.....Donut....next event I will have my truck for us to sit on top liao this time....we set up our truck section...:deal:charge each one RM5 for allowing them to stand up the truck for better view....want or not?? eheheheh.....just kidding...

chromas

Sep 26, 2005
East, Singapore
Pardon my ignorance, but where will this event be held?

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Demon said:
adian,

hehe... i'm with Amprex ler... :) but.. i think i shall stop disclosing soo much info from now on.. :)
Duh... should have though of that before putting up your post rite... posting up info that should not have been disclosed early could easily have backfire ...

Next time let the REAL organisers make the announcements.

SpeedWanker

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
"Next time let the REAL organisers make the announcements"..OOooOoooOoo :tomato::trytofly::tomato::rofl: and for the REST of the R3 guys, keep up the fantastic work:congrats::beer:

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Demon said:
Faisal,

Dude.. was addressed to adian la my reply...and i wasnt making any announcements...just dropping a few hints.. no harm.. PLUS... we're all working together to promote and raise the standards of Malaysian motorsports...i dont think there's a need for you to drop cocky responses bro... after all our two companies have been and will be working closely together for the betterment of the Malaysian motorsports scene.

No harm intended and none done.

Chill out dude... :) see ya soon!

everyone else,

Keep an eye out on SSO updates.... its gonna be a big year ahead!!

cheers!!
Uh mentioning names falls under - making announcement.

I prefer not jumping the gun until things are concrete and final. It's more professional that way. Not top mention safer.

From now everyone will be askin "Is it true? is so and so comin?"

And I wasn't being cocky. I just tend to write my posts that way.

Demon

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2004
Petaling Jaya
www.three-sixty.com.my
no worries dude....dont worry about me jumping the gun, i've been in an industry that requires strict discipline and professionalism long enough to know.. so u don have to worry about that. Plus i've worked with hashimoto long enough to know tat if he opens his mouth about something happening, he'll make sure that we ensure it all happens.. :)

If more n more ppl asks about "is it true? is so n so coming?" etc etc....means there's enough positive feedback n the "announcement" created adequate curiousity... from a marketing perspective.... "ITS ALL GOOD!"

Anyway Faisal, we're gonna be all working together..... let bygones be bygones.. lets all band together comfortably to ensure The Great Sport of DRIFITING continues to grow here in Malaysia....

Cheers!

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
Hi Demon,

No, I can't delete the posts. Rather unfortunate that. Life, you see, isn't as simple as clicking on the "Undo" button. Everyone must live with the consequences of his/her action.. and sometimes with the consequences of over-zealous individuals who don't know when to stop talking.

No offence, but even in your defence, you're still saying too much. I do hope that from here onwards you simply refrain from saying anything at all about the event or whatever tie-ups you seem to have overheard your boss speak about. Thanks.

/adian

Stanley^Carter

Known Member
Jul 9, 2004
Saraw, Malaysia
www.saikod.com
wow... busted??

anyhow, really hope this doesn't cause too much trouble between you guys, as some of you said, we the fans/supporters will still look forward to the event, if that "leaked" information is in fact true, we will be extremely excited and overly happy as well, if its ain't happening, we ain't gonna blame anyone. Keep up the good work guys, R3 and whatever associated! I'm from Sarawak originally and I never thought drifting could have gone this far in this country (KL is the most happening of coz), and just look at it right now, drift events happening everywhere and I think it would only get bigger and better with you guys keeping this up. Cheers.

Jan 2006 come come faster! :D

Demon

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2004
Petaling Jaya
www.three-sixty.com.my
Adian,

Deleting the postings was just a suggestion only. Besides, if you read my postings correctly there are no consequences to live with as there was hardly any harm done.... :) so no worries, no offence taken..and after all, all we're doing is trying to promote the sport. My postings didnt generate any negative feedbacks... try reading speed wanker's reply to Faisal post.... as a fellow enthusiast n part of the organizing team... it wasnt called for to be 'dissed' in a public forum. It doesnt reflect too well on each of us as individuals, companies involved, and such... PLUS it wasnt overheard info, but numerous meaningful meetings and discussions. It has been on the table for a very long time n no one's leaked a tad bit of info. until it was confirmed. :)

In the end, no harm done anywhere.. and no one offended.

Lets all work together as enthusiasts and as companies to continuosly promote the Malaysian motorsports industry..

See you guys soon!

Cheers!

Demon

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2004
Petaling Jaya
www.three-sixty.com.my
anyway, back to the topic... lets not dwell on such silly matters any longer than we already have.. lets just all work well together to make sure this moves smoothly through the year 2006...

SSO 5 dot 5... everyone has to be there!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

THE former rally driving champion Colin McRae was killed and his five year-old son feared dead in a helicopter crash yesterday afternoon. The aircraft came down in Jerviswood, Lanarkshire, half a mile from the family's home and burst into flames just after 4pm.

Jean-Eric Freudiger, McRae's agent, said the 39-year-old driver had been piloting the helicopter himself. Also on board were believed to be his son Johnny, another adult and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience