should do overhaul??

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

bmboy

May 4, 2007
my car is nearly a 10 years car, is that overhaul the engine can help?? if yes can somebody know is the any shop doing this type of service in bm or bw?? thanks...

bmboy

May 4, 2007
proton iswara 1.3 aeroback. the engine is very 'noisy' n easily go to cool level n the car always 'vibrate' when stop moving. dunno how to mention the noisy sound.

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Err. Last week or last 2 weeks, Sunday, The Star Newspaper got mention about whether swap engine or overhaul. At the questions about cars section there. From there, it says that if overhaul, your engine will be like a new one and last long cause in overhaul, you need to purchase new parts and replace it. So, is new engine after all. But overhaul takes time, more than 1 week if not mistaken.

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
proton iswara 1.3 aeroback. the engine is very 'noisy' n easily go to cool level n the car always 'vibrate' when stop moving. dunno how to mention the noisy sound.
wat u mean by go to cool level?? car vibrate may coz from ur engine mounting was crack.. is white smoke come out already??

it depends on which parts need to repair or replace, if it was in ur engine such as piston ring, conrod, piston, etc. then need to overhaul..

bmboy

May 4, 2007
the white smoke only come out in the morning when i first time start my car. wat is engine mounting??

odengGtit

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
if white smoke only in the early morning,i think ur engine still good condition..engine mounting is part to mount ur engine on ur car body..hehe..dont know to explain la..check ur oil level dude,if decrease so much maybe some part loose oledi..vibration nothing to do with engine itself..try to change mounting 1st.

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
overhaul can be between 1-2k....depending what level of damage....but sure will feel new again....engine block can tahan very long wan...only the moving parts la....need overhaul make sure got spare car to travel to work...cause normally 1week....

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
u may need to lisst down ur car problems....so we can clearly know bout it..then se how we advise/suggest u lo....

vibrating normally due to incorect idling or damged engine/GB mounting....common problems

if u said ur engine consume more engine oil or alot of white smoke...then 100% overhaul needed...hehehe:_:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
dont overhaul if not necessary lor... dun spend unnecessary money eventhough it is beneficial... if got extra can give me...

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
my car can drain all the engine oil in 3 month i still din overhaul 0_o" very expensive lar no budget.. run until cannot go anymore then overhaul... i think the valve seal got prob... jialat man.. have to change 20 of them.. thats what previous owner of engine say lar..

A Post Every 5 Mins

TOKYO (Oct. 24, 2007) - Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., today announced the launch of the Nissan GT-R, a new multi-dimensional performance machine that lives up to the concept of “an ultimate supercar for anyone, anywhere, at anytime”. The Nissan GT-R features a newly developed Premium Midship package, including the world’s first independent transaxle 4WD developed independently by Nissan. The Nissan GT-R will be available in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience