Satria fog light

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
siangmh, i been changing the relay twice in the last 6 months. how much is a full wiring cost for a new wiring set?

siangmh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
me dunno how much for exact, but its mainly labor cost ler, material dont cost much.......

so, its d relay that faulty lar? bulb never burned? wiring all nicely connected lar? the joints was properly sealed up? no electrical shocking lar? if no, change to good qlty relay & see how 1st, avoid ur relay fr getting wet...

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
i suspect it is the relay's fault. but all this started after i drove through the flood that day. may be electrical shock also.how much is a good quality relay? last time i changed in sunway i think its RM18. I think the brand is Bocsh.

u said keep the relay away from water right, but how?
everytime it rains or when i wash the car, i am so careful. but still can spoil. somemore the relay is located at the right side of the engine. easier for water to spoil it.

siangmh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
my relay (for fog light) last for few yrs liao, still ok wor.

Mount it beside the fusebox (black color plastic cover behind batt)

I dunno what brand though.

Maybe i am lucky...

siangmh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
I drove thru flood last mth, cost me a bomb: a kong a/cond compressor & affects all other a/cond parts.....

So, u want to raise ur car height like rally car? a way to fight floody road, ha ha ha just joking...(although rally car looks interesting to me :> )

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
siangmh said:
I drove thru flood last mth, cost me a bomb: a kong a/cond compressor & affects all other a/cond parts.....

So, u want to raise ur car height like rally car? a way to fight floody road, ha ha ha just joking...(although rally car looks interesting to me :> )

did ur relay spoil? anyway, i just rectified the error. its the relay, i was playing with it and it suddenly worked. then when i played with it again, cannot work already. so have to take to workshop tomolo. i will ask the mechanics some tips on how to make the relay last longer.

can u share so tips how u make ur relay last longer. may be u do smtg when rain or washing ur car. one more thing, does the water from the top or the bottom spoil the relay?

Last edited:

siangmh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
Huh! my relay just spoilt yesterday, after i post my reply. Geeee, can buy 4D liao, he he he...

I have no special care on the relay, rain water wont easily wet it, flash water from high speed driving thru floody road maybe have some bad effect, so drive slower on flood road, very good care for all other parts as well, safety issue too.

Once i tried jet wash my engine, the relay also pass thru the test, no problem. (but sensors i am not sure lar)

It only rm1X for a relay, besides, its already have a plastic casing with it.

U can try brush up the "leg" & wire joint of it, to improve conductivity.

If u want, can try put silicone to cover up the wire joint, to avoid water / short circuit. Make sure its clean & brush-up 1st.

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
my fog light is working again. i push the wires under the relay a bit more inner and it works.

try it with urs, it might work. :regular_smile:

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
silverwave,
Yeah. I installed those new fog lights already and it's basically shining no where. It's not even bright. I'm still trying to look for gti spot lights but can't find it

siangmh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
silverwave said:
my fog light is working again. i push the wires under the relay a bit more inner and it works.

try it with urs, it might work. :regular_smile:
I tried the voltage at the for light wire, got current supply, so my replay still not kong yet.

Test d fog light bulbs, not burn, still ok.

So send to mech checking, discover that:

1) the aftermarket look-a-like 2 screw type foglight is the culprit. Relay is ok. This type of fog light is very common to have loose base & loose harness that hold the bulb, hence causing bad connection, hence no current supply to the bulb.

2) the blue color 5 legs relay (its cheapo type, according to mech) also quite lasting, mine used for >4 yrs & still counting.....although Bosch brand would be more convincing......just a few bucks more (rm20 per pc).

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
I'll ask this question again. Where can I get my original bumper lights ar? Those are quite bright ler. hehe Or should I install stadium floodlights? haha

siangmh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
Original fog light, as for those 3 screw type (contain a mini projector inside) cost > RM200 in proton SC, but if you get fr spare part shop will be much cheaper.

Just be cautious, dont buy those cheap,fake,look-a-like 2 screw type.

Then again, considering the high price for the originals, you can get any good branded fog light already. Like Hella brand (also <rm200). Except it wont fit in the original bumper as nicely as the original fog light do.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
siangmh,
If aftermarket brands, I think better to buy at eneos cos those people can accompany you back to your car and try to fit at the bumper to see if it's a good fit or not. hehehe

siangmh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
Well, ENEOS's high price out me off, look at their promo leaflet, simple task of changing spark plug also cost a lot more than normal service, even put labor charges aside, just the parts price also lost out to spare part shop already.

Beside, some spare part shop also can do simple installation service. Like the one in OKR which im regular with it, some of their ppl actually ex-foreman & ex-accs shop ppl, they'll assist in simple installation if you are friendly with them.

But then, instal fog light is not that hard ler, since theres original fog light already, just use back the wiring + switch, just spend a bit more time & effort if not familiar like me lor.

You got any good spare part shop to recommend?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Check out the first photos of Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Ludacris, Tyrese Gibson as well as Sung Kang – Han from Tokyo Drift and others from the set of Fast & Furious 5. Dwayne Johnson will join the cast as they shoot in Puerto Rico and Brazil, among other locations. Enjoy!

Universal Pictures has given the greenlight to a fifth installment in the Fast and Furious franchise. The title for this one is being called “Fast Five.”...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience