Saga / Iswara Rear Brake Disc Solution

darkbob

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Johor Bahry
vestax said:
how you match the wira knuckle with ur vr4 brakes , is basically the same as matching it with ur iswara knuckle la .
ok...

I took the wira knuckles and press out the BEaring and hub...

i took the vr4 hub and matched it with Wira Knuckles + Bearing and Oil Seal,

i only used the Vr4's HUB.. thats all..

i check with my Iswara knuckles, the hub size doesnt match....

the iswara's hub is a bit smaller...

the vr4 and Wira's hub is a bit larger....

justin_vspec

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
vestax said:
the problem will always be with the knuckle , alot of people who use the vr4 knuckle are not aware that the tie end rod is not compatible with the knuckle , yes it will fit but there will be some problems with the camber adjustments later on .

so best way is to use back the standard knuckle & bearing and match it with the brake set .

about the hose , im not sure if perdana is the same with wira , if its the same then it should fit , if not have to change to the wira 1.6 hose .
Erm bro so does that mean we can use VR4 twin pots on our original Saga knuckle without any modifications?? Cause i was at a garage yesterday and the mechanic told me that must send to machining shop to modify this and that to fit "ngam-ngam"..Cost?? 200-300 bucks?!! But some people says that its plug and play..No need to mod anything..So very blur right now..Hope ya can help bro..Thanks!!

mitshu_saga

Known Member
Apr 8, 2005
k.l
vestax sifu.....
can i ask you same probuem?
the 4G61 can plug and play in iswara ma?need any mod?
how much now it going in market?
will it cos any problem to my G/box and drive/s ?
cos my mac say the ori drive/s is bigger then the iswara...so for long time my G/box barring and drive/s will faster keput then i using the ori disc......
can i have same of your coman?
when is your next tt?can i join your?

xiaobai

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
hi all...im saga owner...pending to change 1.6Mirage turbo...any sifu idea???me find this engine so hard...any sifu can help help???

darkbob

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Johor Bahry
mitshu_saga,

what do u mean ? the engine or Disc ?

Justin_vspec,

currently i'm trying to fit my twin pots on my Original ISwara knuckle...

but i havent have had the time to go to the engineering shop and ask.

justin_vspec

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
darkbob said:
mitshu_saga,

what do u mean ? the engine or Disc ?

Justin_vspec,

currently i'm trying to fit my twin pots on my Original ISwara knuckle...

but i havent have had the time to go to the engineering shop and ask.
Oh alright man..Hehe once its done on your car do let us know about it!!

oldschooljam10

Aug 23, 2005
Cyberjaya
Emm,can i ask question?

im very new bout car..

this one time, i found it's hard when ure driving fast and brake using only fron disc brake, so i think of changing my rear brake from drum to disc brake, how much would it costs? can somebody explain more when changing rear brake????

justin_vspec

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
erm in my opinion changing your front brakes to a bigger unit (Eg-VR4 twin-pots) will have more effect compared to changing your rear drum brakes to disc brakes..Its because the brake distribution for a front wheel drive car is 70/80%-30/20%..Plus its also cheaper to change the front brakes compared to the rear..Don't shoot me yeah!! Just my 2 cents..
oldschooljam10 said:
im very new bout car..

this one time, i found it's hard when ure driving fast and brake using only fron disc brake, so i think of changing my rear brake from drum to disc brake, how much would it costs? can somebody explain more when changing rear brake????

oldschooljam10

Aug 23, 2005
Cyberjaya
oh,it's like that? if i install that eg or vr4 disc brake,do i hv to change anything like spring,absober? what would it be the cost all around included workmanship?

Thanks anyway! :smile:

justin_vspec

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
oldschooljam10 said:
oh,it's like that? if i install that eg or vr4 disc brake,do i hv to change anything like spring,absober? what would it be the cost all around included workmanship?

Thanks anyway! :smile:
erm from my knowledge from the sifus,if you use your original knuckle its plug and play..so dun have to change your absorber or spring and what not..erm i've been surveying around some halfcut shops and the price is from 380-450...i'm not sure about the labour charges..but i guess it shouldn't be much..oh yeah minumum rim size for the twin pots are 15"

mitshu_saga

Known Member
Apr 8, 2005
k.l
bro....
i mean is 4g61 front disc can just plug and play ma?cos my mac say the 4g61 drive/s is bigger then the iswara,so use for long time my drive/s will keput faster then other ppl who are using ori small disc....and the gear box barring too...
so is it true?where is your location?

darkbob

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Johor Bahry
mitshu saga,

what my friend did was, he brought the new Mirage Disc and Knuckles and the original Iswara Disc and Knuckles to the Engineering shop and had it pressed.

He REPLACED BRAND NEW Bearing on the ORIGINAL ISWARA KNUCKLES and USED THE MIRAGE HUB , DISC , AND CALLIPERS.

for the driveshaft thing. i'm not sure. i have had used mine for a long time.. but no prob.. then changed to VR4 also no prob, then changed to twin pots, also no prob.

just my 2 cents..

darkbob

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Johor Bahry
For the twin pots,

i'm still thinking how to combine the twin pots with the original knuckles...

ARghh... HEad Ache..

mitshu_saga

Known Member
Apr 8, 2005
k.l
so brother....your old VR4 front disc wanna let go ma?mirage disc smaller then the VR4 ar?if i take the mirage disc plag and play will have any problem?and how about the VR4 also?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Now I am using the 4g93 eterna machine.I want to upgrade the performance with added with mivec parts.I planned to:

- Change throttle body and intake manifold with MIVEC intake manf and TB
- Using the adjustable cam pulley
- Port and Polish
- Change the piping with 2' piping and mivec extractor
- Using the HKS intake powerflow

The question is, Can the modification above is effective to increase horsepower,torque and topspeed.How it can increaseHP? What the cost range to make the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience