Rotary have to redline regularly?

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
In a straight line, 1.5 is enough i guess.. Other factors could make ur car spin, e.g big boost, slippery road or bad tires.. Im not too sure about this, im sorry..
About under/over steer, for 2way lsd in:
ff- understeer, imagine both front wheels running at same speed at a corner.. (inner wheel should be abit slower than outer wheel)

fr- oversteer, coz both rear wheels spin at the same speed, the inner wheels that is supposed to slow abit is spinning at the same rate as the outer one.. Making the rear 'throw' outwards..

Pro drifters use 2way lsd coz whey want to maintain speed while drifting.. If use 1.5, the speed is sacrifised abit.. The cheap way is drifters tend to weld the rear diffrentials together, making it lock fully..

How strong the under/oversteer depends on the type of lsd.. Some are activated by speed (viscous)
or torque/power sensitive depending on the load n power that is transfred to the diffrentials (helical gear)

if there is any mistakes, please correct me..

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
In a straight line, 1.5 is enough i guess.. Other factors could make ur car spin, e.g big boost, slippery road or bad tires.. Im not too sure about this, im sorry..
About under/over steer, for 2way lsd in:
ff- understeer, imagine both front wheels running at same speed at a corner.. (inner wheel should be abit slower than outer wheel)

fr- oversteer, coz both rear wheels spin at the same speed, the inner wheels that is supposed to slow abit is spinning at the same rate as the outer one.. Making the rear 'throw' outwards..

Pro drifters use 2way lsd coz whey want to maintain speed while drifting.. If use 1.5, the speed is sacrifised abit.. The cheap way is drifters tend to weld the rear diffrentials together, making it lock fully..

How strong the under/oversteer depends on the type of lsd.. Some are activated by speed (viscous)
or torque/power sensitive depending on the load n power that is transfred to the diffrentials (helical gear)

if there is any mistakes, please correct me..
thanks bro...

will look into it more...i think 1.5 should be good or maybe 2...lol...wonder how much it cost for an fd...

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
Meets? The closest i've been to an fd is when i pass by my neighbour's house! Hahaha very 'cham' lah..
That fd doesnt move, but only gets the occassional warm up.. Bet there's tons of carbon buildup in it.. An uncle warms it up.. Maybe it belongs to his son who is studying?
Im from seremban btw, not many fd but seen quite a number of 8's tho..

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
lol...im also from seremban bro...

but not since an workin here so stayin in kl now...but i occasionally got bac to see my parents or grand parents...did know there was an fd in sban...never seen one there...

if u come of 2 kl give me a call...can meet up...your workin or studyin?

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
kk13, sban kaki eh? im from Rasah. therez a black FC in Senawang, driven by a very friendly malay guy. Therez also a white FC in Oakland, but hardly ever driven, so-so condition only.
Ill be back this weekend, lets meet up and we can see to ure car. pm me ure no dude

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
hey sidewaysgrey,

yala bro...sban kaki...somewhere near senawang also bro...but i'm mostly in kl now?...your goin back to sban from kl?...

we can meet in kl or sban...let me know la, can drive down...

your drivin an rx ar bro??

hachiroku clan,

u too bro...maybe we can meet up...i'll pm u guys my number...just send me a text...

:wavey:

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
hachiroku clan,

Im in tmn klana jubli, near kg baru rasah? pm me ure no, lets meet up this Sat nite, maybe can join the Sban ZTH group too.

KK, no la, dont drive a RX (yet) :p but I have the RE in a TE72
btw, sms'ed u earlier.

saru-kun

Known Member
Jan 4, 2004
PJ
saru-kun.blogspot.com
Dear forummers,

Apologies if this seems like digging up an old thread, but here's a superbly interesting and easy-to-understand article on LSD's, specifically clutch pack LSD's written by Mike Kojima of Sport Compact Car fame:

Project NSX Part 2, Tuning a Limited Slip Differential; Tricks of the Pros

Enjoy!

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Also, if anyone has the time, have a look at this video by Chevrolet 'back in the days' for a step-by-step guide to how a differential works. Open differential, not a limited-slip differential.

YouTube- How Differential Gear works (BEST Tutorial)

Hopefully these two links will lift the veil of mystery and dispel the many myths of differentials and limited slip differentials in high performance cars.

Happy tuning and safe driving!

Cheers.

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
SideWaysGrey:
wow...RE in a TE72...may i knw its a 12A or 13BT inside???
13BT dude...but I guess im gona get it rebuilt soon. Engine is old now so would appreciate new internals and external parts to relive its glorious days