Rides - Drift Machine

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

trancebum

Known Member
Feb 17, 2004
Originally posted by MK84+Oct 4 2004, 11:59 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MK84 @ Oct 4 2004, 11:59 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-trancebum@Oct 4 2004, 11:10
MK...push rods good meh? they cant rev hi (usually max out at bout 6k or less) for a NA car. rev any higher, there goes the entire valve train. other than having HUGE displaments 400+cubic inches of displacement....the engine itself can be considered as dinasaur age. other than that, the engine itself is quite simple. i wonder if there's mechanic here in m'sia tat has seen one...let alone fix it!! but i do love the sound of the chevy big block V8's.....fantastic! oya...those cars also drink petrol faster u can say 'o shit!! i need to pump more gas!!'  :lol:  :lol:

back to the show...there was this 1 black VERY WIDE bodied car...anyone know what that car was? the front head lights looked a bit like the dodge viper....but i dont recall any other american cars other than the GTO, which was factory sponsored from GM.
Aiyoo read properly lah. I said they have their advantages, I never said they're good.

Ok think about this for a while. Compare the heads for pushrod vs OHC. Which one is heavier? Of course this only applies to Vee engines.

The black car is the Eclipse Viper, Tarzan's car. [/b][/quote]

MK...sorry man...got mixed up between good and advantages :D yea, there are some advantages to pushrods...but it's rather limited. ;) i prefer current technology over those archaic designs! :lol: :lol: also, cars with pushrod engines usually have very good balance...cos the engines are mounted quite close to the center of the car. the advantage = balance (as u've mentioned).

eclipe viper?? :blink: :blink: what in the world is that!??!

black,
nola...dun think it was a s15. this wide bodied car was just doing spin outs on the track. the video did not even show it competing. think mebe MK is correct...altho i have no idea watsoever an eclipse viper is. :lol: :lol:

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
trancebum: Hi, can't OHC engines be mounted to the center of the car too? sorry for the silly question , I'm a newbie on pushrod engines.

MK; LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL ASS'U'LIKE..LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

coldair: Hello , does Aunty know you are offering your push rod over the internet??!! :angry:

coldair

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
S.K.A.G.E.E.,
Newbie to push-rods?.... here, take mine !!!!! lololololol.......

trancebum

Known Member
Feb 17, 2004
yup...that's the car MK. haiyo...no english links arrr? dont understand japanese la. from the specs that's posted on the site, it IS a dodge viper...DETUNED one too. ONLY 300hp. VERY DETUNED! hahahaha. guess it'll help a LOT for durability cos of the endurance race.

skagee...there are VERY few OHC mounted near or at mid of the car. one such car is the honda s2000. very good balance....50/50.

coldair

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
Ok-ok, I'll just stop here....lolololol.... it was meant to be a joke, no
offence la my friend. Next time we meet I'll buy la....

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
Originally posted by trancebum@Oct 4 2004, 14:44

skagee...there are VERY few OHC mounted near or at mid of the car. one such car is the honda s2000. very good balance....50/50.
trancebum: hi..sorry to bother you again but when you say that there a few engines that comes with OHC ( which I assume is Over Head Cams) that are mounted near of mid of the car; which part of the automobile erra are you refering to?..If we were back in 1950-1960 I would agree that's true..but in the year 2000 , I thought that a majority of the cars have OHC be it FF, FR, MR or RR : however I could be wrong as I'm still a newbie ...sorry :huh

trancebum

Known Member
Feb 17, 2004
Originally posted by .S K A G E E.+Oct 5 2004, 09:46 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (.S K A G E E. @ Oct 5 2004, 09:46 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-trancebum@Oct 4 2004, 14:44

trancebum: hi..sorry to bother you again but when you say that there a few engines that comes with OHC ( which I assume is Over Head Cams) that are mounted near of mid of the car; which part of the automobile erra are you refering to?..If we were back in 1950-1960 I would agree that's true..but in the year 2000 , I thought that a majority of the cars have OHC be it FF, FR, MR or RR : however I could be wrong as I'm still a newbie ...sorry :huh [/b][/quote]

i'll use honda S2000 as an example. it is a FR car. however, technically speaking, the engine is located very close, or right at, the middle of the car. if u look into the car's engine bay, the engine is VERY close to the firewall, and it's 'behind' the front wheels. can someone elaborate further? :rolleyes:

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
Originally posted by BLaCkHoWLiNG@Oct 5 2004, 11:42
I oso wanna go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (see only la.. my car cannot go sideways, supra where can drift wan!?)
kwei lo also take supra to drift, as shown in the program
but why none of the japs thought of taking supra?

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
Coz in d supra manual, it's written in Japanese Killi...kullu..killu...lookkoo...loo.lllooo.. means in english:

u cant use Supra to drift...

Kwai Lou dunno how to read Japanese.. dat's y they use it do drift..
same goes for MR2..

but in AE86, manufacturer disclaimer : this car is not built for straight
road driving..only for sideways...

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
Originally posted by trancebum@Oct 5 2004, 11:39

i'll use honda S2000 as an example. it is a FR car. however, technically speaking, the engine is located very close, or right at, the middle of the car. if u look into the car's engine bay, the engine is VERY close to the firewall, and it's 'behind' the front wheels. can someone elaborate further? :rolleyes:
Hi; I understand obout the the engine placement being 'behind the front wheel' but "technically speaking", what does that have to do with the engine being a push rod or an OHC???

A thousand apologies for sweating over this small stuff...newbie maaa.:)

MK: heeheheeeheeeheehee

Blackie: I think Supra can't drift caus their radiator aren't ' strong' enough!!!....oopss...TORO...TORO...TORO...

space_cowboy

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2003
a..aa..aapolloo
Visit site
Originally posted by .S K A G E E.@Oct 5 2004, 09:46
however I could be wrong as I'm still a newbie ...sorry :huh
Hie...

SKAGEE - U newbie......? :P u sure u mandi this morning arr....? or u on ''domicum 15''...? :D

ps: when r u buying the yellow feathers'....? ;) and remember ur cowboy hat n ur bicycle shorts n the cowboy knee lenght boots.... ;)

cheers'

vuitton

Known Member
Apr 24, 2004
Visit site
that guy is eeiji `TARZAN' yamada.... last yr performed for D1.... that pic i've seen it b4 inside import tuner...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

good day…

I would like to ask your opinion regarding suspensions. There are lots have discuss about spring and such on but one thing that I have in mind.

Here is my scenario,

Firstly,
absorber with aftermarket springs is kinda different cuz the absorber length would be different. And gradually the absorber will overwork and in the long run it be spoilt.. Is that true?

Secondly,
if I change the absorber and cut my original spring, at the right height ride would it be...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience