Ron 95 vs. 97 on boosted rides....

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I've been refueling 97 since fuel price became cheaper and the difference is pretty noticeable especially peak boost. Higher ron is always good for turbo cars.

Anyone else?

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Re: Ron 95 vs. 97 on treks....

I've been refueling 97 since fuel price became cheaper and the difference is pretty noticeable especially peak boost. Higher ron is always good for turbo cars.

Anyone else?
Brother, as the boost goes up, so does the compression. This is where the higher Ron is better and works well.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

Brother, as the boost goes up, so does the compression. This is where the higher Ron is better and works well.

Anyone else?

totally agree....boosted ride but not trek

on my scooby there is noticeable gain (altough mine had been detuned to suits ron95..but still yield better butt-sensor method torque and calculated mileage)

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL

Yup that's for sure. So I assume most turbo junkies fuel 97 now.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Yup that's for sure. So I assume most turbo junkies fuel 97 now.
Yup, I do too. Only when at one time the price was too great a difference I use Ron95 but add additives. Of course working additives and must be below the price difference.
The moment the difference was close already back to 97....:driver:

For me, using Ron95 by itself cannot. Will knock after 4.5k rpm.....:banghead:

Last edited:

AlexKen

Sep 29, 2014
Paka
For my ride.. Really can feel the powaaah on peak boost!:driver: Although the engine is tuned to use with ron95.. I wonder what d whp during dyno now... Haha! :burnout:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL

Yup, I do too. Only when at one time the price was too great a difference I use Ron95 but add additives. Of course working additives and must be below the price difference.
The moment the difference was close already back to 97....:driver:

For me, using Ron95 by itself cannot. Will knock after 4.5k rpm.....:banghead:
I don't get knocks oftenly even on hot afternoons. The reason is because during those hot afternoons, my car is usually stucked in jams, hahaha....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I don't get knocks oftenly even on hot afternoons. The reason is because during those hot afternoons, my car is usually stucked in jams, hahaha....
Hot days run below 3k rpm, then night time boost......hhahahhahahha:biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

Hot days run below 3k rpm, then night time boost......hhahahhahahha:biggrin:
then night+rain time..time for pure fun...

i felt more power than ever.. :rofl:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Well, when the ambiance is cool, your car will naturally be more powerful because the air sucked in for combustion is more dense with healthy oxygen. The cooler, the better. That is why cold air intake and heat shield are used. Intercooler is also used for the same reason.

That is why using open pod filter is really bad for hot weather environments. But when the road is clear and the weather is cool, your open pod will sing happily. :)

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

then night+rain time..time for pure fun...

i felt more power than ever.. :rofl:
Haha... I dare not play in the rain. Skidded once, lost my balls back there, so no more fast driving during rainy days.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all sifu,

I have a pair of Frt 4pot Brembo caliper intend to fix to my Wira. Currently I'm using EVO3 caliper. Do anybody know what is the rims offset to clear the caliper? Which workshop is profes........to do the installation?:hmmmm:

Thank you many.....many:adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience