Replacing meter light bulb

ARSSS

Known Member
Jul 17, 2006
Hi,

Has anyone replace the light bulb for the meter panel?

My meter light so dim.. I guess some of the bulb probably got burnt.. I m thinking of replacing with white led bulb.. anyone know where can i have a good job for this?

gti-wly

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
putrajaya
i've done that myself.. the easy part is dismantle the meter and finding the burnt bulb.. the bulb itself can easily bought in any car accessories shop around RM3.. the hard part is finding the right color... manage to find orange but a bit different orange..

ARSSS

Known Member
Jul 17, 2006
I have done it with blue LED.. but my meter looks like Proton Iswara meter... then I changed back to orange color...

Bl@cK-TeZZ@

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2006
I've also replaced my meter bulbs too coz some got burnt...replaced them with the spares from my other altezza/lexus meters cluster. I'm also wondering where can i get the white ones?? Hmmm..:)

ARSSS

Known Member
Jul 17, 2006
You can get white led from accesories shop.. around RM7.00 each..

ARSSS

Known Member
Jul 17, 2006
Now I m thinking of changing the aircond control panel light to blue colour.. since I already got blue Led.. but not sure how to D.I.Y...

Anyone know how to open it? Is the bulb same with the combi meter bulb 12v5w?

220mph

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
kl
guys, can provide more info about this diy ar?
i.e where are all the important bolt located ?
a year ago when i bought this car already planned to change the display colour le. even when to ask trial guys :)
at that time every1 are clueless :)
feel that orange just look kinda , hmm how to say,, old skoool..
now day new dash pannel have sharper colour. like civic and camry.

Last edited:

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
go any accessory shops, reputable ones lah, and help to take off the panels.

PS: 220mph, bro how are you lah? did not hear from you for such a long time.

220mph

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
kl
go any accessory shops, reputable ones lah, and help to take off the panels.

PS: 220mph, bro how are you lah? did not hear from you for such a long time.

haih. the car still giving me problem even after lost and found :)
i shall say its the police that are giving me problem.
my road tax expired on 28th of august, even till to day i still cant re-new.
reason for that was, " Encik , kereta anda masih dalam status "hilang dan curi dalam rekod balai polis ". really dont know what those police are doing daily.
want to come out TT with u guys also cannot :)
back to the dash pannel topic.. went to ask accs shop today. woo !! cost a big bom man to change all the pannel light.

Last edited:

220mph

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
kl
hmm, nvm la. take ur time to describe. i guess i m not only the 1 which are interested. mayb there's other forumer interested also le. post here and share with all :) .. if cannot then shall wait in future TT..

Last edited:

Test

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
This is how your car interrior gonna look like if change it to blue / green LED.
ahha...

IS300

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
220mph

If you really want to do it , then meet up with me and i will do the the removing while you do the S.A and you post it ok? :)hahaha

220mph

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
kl
okie :) plann a TT la. then inform me. exam finish this thursday. then will b free :)

Test : that IS300 look ok to me. but sure not all able to accept those panel colour. some may feel its tooo LA LA .. as long as it doesnt look dull to me then its fine :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i met a problem , do wiring tidyly with using the Voltage stabilzer or Immobilize or some like Hongkong Voltage Stabilizer with Bettery Charge or supply is better ? let me know ..the wiring will cause voltage go more stabile but do it make car performane to go distributor then to sparkplug have better effect , have feeling for turbo ? let mek now ..if yes i will go for it
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience