Remote Control Car Fans!

Y a k u Z a

Global Moderator
Helmet Clan
Feb 16, 2006
Sydney, AU
www.facebook
Hello dear ZTH bros ;) A couple of friends and I are planning to start playing these RC cars for racing,not drifting, after countless accidents which we've endured throughout the course of our life :P Anyway,can you guys state how much would everything cost for example like the car,controller and all.And btw what's the difference between the cars that run on petrol and battery? And where do you guys normally play at? Thanks!

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
before we proceed , as a gauge of how interested you are would be to tell us how much are you willing to spend on RC?

Remember, RC aint no toy!

jdmparts

Dec 21, 2005
Yakuza,

Tamiya is the best way to start. You can race with just RM1,200 budget. There is a small but fun track at 1Utama - indoor. This weekend, at the new wing concourse, Saturday got Mini Endurance Race 3-6pm and Sunday got races in 3 categories including buggy. The beauty is that this will all be happening in shopping complex, so the GFs or wife and family can be kept happy while you enjoy your RC. Check out Tamiya Underground for details. I've no business interest in them, just a satisfied customer.

I like electric because it is cleaner and for a beginer like me, I don't have to face an erractic Nitro engine mood so that I can concentrate on trying to improve my racing lines.

Mazdaspeed A-spec.

500 RPM
Apr 11, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
i'll be there racing on sat and sun. what jdmparts says is very true. during the rc peak in malaysia we were all racing tamiyas and a race weekend it would have at least 80 participants. nowadays wanna have 30 participants oso very susah + all the politics around

BuRn|nGsUnZ

Known Member
Jul 8, 2005
Penang
hey..i planning to call my couz in singapore to buy for me coz i think there is cheaper..i cost bout $300 for the complete set..so does it worth it or not?

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
Mazdaspeed A-spec. said:
during the rc peak in malaysia we were all racing tamiyas and a race weekend it would have at least 80 participants. nowadays wanna have 30 participants oso very susah + all the politics around
I second that .......... there are Brand camps in the local scene. Of late , EP's are a dying breed mostly running GP's everywhere.

TT's circuit is being evaluated by DBKL whether flood light are required. In order to convince them DBKL wants to see active participation of EP and GP. When the flood lights are in place everyone can run till late in the night.

jdmparts

Dec 21, 2005
devious17,

I'll tell you something if you promise not to laugh. I went to RACE today, guess what, my nickname also hung up next to yours. I asked why they put up my nickname and they said the person with my nick talked too much. I think I better shut up now because I frequent Petaling Street.

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
HEHEHEHEHEHEHHE.............dude! somehow I dont believe you , dunno why.

RACE must be very very free these days to take heed of what forumers say huh? on top of that they hung the nick that was standing on their side in defense of an accusation from another forummer..............whatever laaaa.........I just want my nitro shots now and then and couldnt be bothered of who is saying what about others.

Last edited:

jdmparts

Dec 21, 2005
True leh. If someone is kind enough, please go and take photo to post here. I dare not go back there anymore.

BuRn|nGsUnZ

Known Member
Jul 8, 2005
Penang
wat u all mean by hung your nick up there??

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
BuRn|nGsUnZ, you better off not knowing it laaa.........it's one of those "Idle minds a devils workshop"thingy hehehehe............

jdmparts, I think there is something you are not telling here , heh heh heh.........

marcuszzz

Known Member
Jan 28, 2006
redline79 said:
Hi, just planing to sell my RC cars... 1 is serpent 1/10 scale, another 1 is HPI 1/10 scale as well.. if anyone interested pls call 017 369 7288...
bro.. if u wanna sell, at lease tell us the model/how old/reason for selling/crash teruk-teruk b4/what comes with it

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All sifu,

need help on my Viva converted to EF-DET 660 turbo engine

I'd remove the boostcut but I found problem when running at high boost, the sympton is funny sometime the car pickup/boost up smoothly unitl 1.0~1.2 bar, but most of the time the car boost showing 1.0 bar but car don't feel the pickup and some time "semput" and jerking.

Any idea what is wrong?
1) Is the fuel pressure not enough?
2) Any way to install an adjustable fuel regulator?Viva don't have return line, so...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience