Red Proton Putra Stolen 04/08/2010

AndyDemarco

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
Yesterday my proton putra red color was stolen in front of the house at shah alam section 8.

Car details are as follow:
Model: Proton Putra
Color: Red
Engine: GSR (but looks normal from outside)
No Plate: WJF 2929

My putra have front PROMOTE bumper, other than that theres no side or rear lips whatsoever the outlook is pretty much standard overall. Although it have gsr engine, the exhaust and intercooler including rims are also stock standard. At the left side on the back theres a small dent and scratch.

If u happen to cross by this car, give me a call at 019 610 3835 or 019 214 5941.
Police report have been filed.

Would be appreciate if everyone can keep an eye for it.

p/s: Please be careful and secure your car properly, doesnt mean thief are afraid to steal it even if you put it inside your house.

AndyDemarco

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
going to make insurance report today.
just wondering if u guys know how long does it take for kurnia insurance to investigate and insure my car if its confirmed stolen and not to be found? the car have no finance anymore.

speed7791

Sep 24, 2008
sorry for your lost bro. picture of your car would be helpful. you park your car outside your house meaning outside the gate or inside?

i've gone thru the experience in 2007. my sgti stolen near my office. i hope the thieves n their family generations will receive what they deserve.

perhaps i could share my experience with u so that u have a general idea what to expect or need to do.

1. car stolen > lodge police report > notify bank & insurance co
2. insurance company send forms for me to fill in > promptly fill them up n send back to them
3. insurance company send loss adjuster to come n see me, after about 2 weeks if i recall correctly > feels like an interview... how u lost your car, where u park, what time, any additional security systems installed i.e. steering lock, brake lock, etc...
4. follow up with my IO (investigation officer) closely. requested for a report from my IO after about 30days. the report states that my car could not be located n case is closed.
5. send the report to my insurance company.
6. rcvd first offer from insurance company when close to reaching 60days. (fyi i insured 40k 1st party. 2007 sgti was selling at approx 32k +-). their first offer nearly made me faint. less than 20k.
7. i replied in writing to the insurance company to protest n appeal. i made a conscious effort to be firm but polite.
8. after 2 1/2 mths rcvd second offer from them...24k to 26k. (sorry i can't remember exactly how much already) took the offer... i sign a voucher the insurance company delivered to me then send back to them
point worth noting: the insurance company will look at newspaper advertisement, motortrader or thru other means to assess how much your car market value at the time it was stolen. like my case i insure 40k also no use since mkt value that time only about 32k. somemore they pay i think about 80% from the perceived mkt value only. i was just glad it was settled within 3 mths as i did a lot of research when my car was stolen. most cases can drag until 6 mths, n some even longer...

hope this helps

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
Sorry to hear bout your lost. Would appreciate if you could post some picture of your ride. Anyhow will keep a look out. God bless. Damn the thieves!!

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
sorry for your lost bro. picture of your car would be helpful. you park your car outside your house meaning outside the gate or inside?

i've gone thru the experience in 2007. my sgti stolen near my office. i hope the thieves n their family generations will receive what they deserve.

perhaps i could share my experience with u so that u have a general idea what to expect or need to do.

1. car stolen > lodge police report > notify bank & insurance co
2. insurance company send forms for me to fill in > promptly fill them up n send back to them
3. insurance company send loss adjuster to come n see me, after about 2 weeks if i recall correctly > feels like an interview... how u lost your car, where u park, what time, any additional security systems installed i.e. steering lock, brake lock, etc...
4. follow up with my IO (investigation officer) closely. requested for a report from my IO after about 30days. the report states that my car could not be located n case is closed.
5. send the report to my insurance company.
6. rcvd first offer from insurance company when close to reaching 60days. (fyi i insured 40k 1st party. 2007 sgti was selling at approx 32k +-). their first offer nearly made me faint. less than 20k.
7. i replied in writing to the insurance company to protest n appeal. i made a conscious effort to be firm but polite.
8. after 2 1/2 mths rcvd second offer from them...24k to 26k. (sorry i can't remember exactly how much already) took the offer... i sign a voucher the insurance company delivered to me then send back to them
point worth noting: the insurance company will look at newspaper advertisement, motortrader or thru other means to assess how much your car market value at the time it was stolen. like my case i insure 40k also no use since mkt value that time only about 32k. somemore they pay i think about 80% from the perceived mkt value only. i was just glad it was settled within 3 mths as i did a lot of research when my car was stolen. most cases can drag until 6 mths, n some even longer...

hope this helps

i always tot of insure higher so dat i can claim higher just in case the car is being stolen...looks like i'm wrong abt dat...thx for sharing, bro..

AndyDemarco

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
thanx for the info speed7791. parked the car outside the gate.
i guess i have to follow up with my IO to close the case withing one month so i can give the case report to the insurance company. but the insurance said they will send their adjuster to interview me within one month :( still looking for the car pics though i dont think i have ever took one purposely.
2001 putra market price now around 25k. my car sum insured only 22k. but i doubt i will get that amount or even 20k.

Last edited:

speed7791

Sep 24, 2008
it'll be good if u can have sort of minimum expectation in mind so that if their offer is right u can straight away take it, otherwise if want to write to them to appeal will take additional waiting time. but then again since u already no more loan time may not be an issue to u.

i think the 80% from mkt price is written somewhere in the insurance policy. maybe can check yours. tats y i accepted their second offer without hesitation.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
thanx for the info speed7791. parked the car outside the gate.
i guess i have to follow up with my IO to close the case withing one month so i can give the case report to the insurance company. but the insurance said they will send their adjuster to interview me within one month :( still looking for the car pics though i dont think i have ever took one purposely.
2001 putra market price now around 25k. my car sum insured only 22k. but i doubt i will get that amount or even 20k.
Sorry for your lost bro
Do you have any pics of the car??they would help tremendously in keeping a lookout for it
when is this crap going to stop :mad: :mad:

Scuderia

Known Member
Jul 19, 2004
And our Home Minister says the CRIME rate in Malaysia is dropping !!:stupid:

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
those type of statements only means one thing.... Elections coming up soon... support needed...

azameel

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
one thing to share about car insurance
they will pay market price or ur sum insured whichever is lower
to get a rough idea of ur market price, you can refer to any banks, usually they will have a list of current market price of cars in malaysia for loan purposes (not sure u can see the list officially or u need to know someone inside the bank to look at it unofficially)
i may be not 100% right but this is what happen when my dad lost his car few years back
he just get 55k instead of a 88k sum insured

anyhow, hope u will find back ur car

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Go ahead, drool, it’s ok, I did the same while writing this. For most of us, this will end up as another collection in our wallpaper folder. For the rest, I don’t like you. Yes, I’m jealous. I can’t afford this car, not for now anyway. Wishful thinking, I know. But can you blame me? Look at it; it’s stunning. Yes, there is already a roofless F430 running around, its called the Spyder, some of you may remember it from the movie...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience