2008 Ferrari F430 GT California 2+2 CC

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

Go ahead, drool, it’s ok, I did the same while writing this. For most of us, this will end up as another collection in our wallpaper folder. For the rest, I don’t like you. Yes, I’m jealous. I can’t afford this car, not for now anyway. Wishful thinking, I know. But can you blame me? Look at it; it’s stunning. Yes, there is already a roofless F430 running around, its called the Spyder, some of you may remember it from the movie, Miami Vice. But this is the GT California, a little bit more luxurious, desirable, than the normal F430. Remember the 575 SuperAmerica?

As the name suggests, the GT California will feature 2 extra seats (wonder if they are usable). It will be designed by Pininfarina and will also feature the latest version of the F430 family’s aluminium spaceframe. Like any other convertible, the chasis will be updated and strengthened to accommodate the roof structure and to provide optimum rigidity roof-down.

Sure, the F430 will sprint from 0-100 faster than you can say it’s name but it’s no Scuderia though. There is one thing Ferrari sourced from the Scuderia, it’s the ability to reduce gearchange to just 60 miliseconds. For the record, a 599 shifts in 100 miliseconds, and a Ferrari F1 car does it in 40 miliseconds. Another thing that is similar to the Scuderia is the E-Diff electronic differential and the F1-Trac traction and stability control in a single integrated system. Apparently, the same technology helps the Scuderia lap Fiorano (Ferrari’s test track) equally as fast as the Enzo and it handles surprisingly well for a mid engined car. Wonder how it will work in the GT California?

The F430 is expected to make the 100kmh run in less than four seconds and it keeps going till it reaches its top speed of 315 km/h. Other than 2+2 seats, the GT California will also be offered in a 2 seater version. It’s expected to cost around 130,000 Euros and is targeted at the Aston Martin V8 Vantage. Tough choice that; Ferrari or Aston? I'd go for the Scuderia.

Image Credits: AutoGeSpot

Last edited:

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007
there are currently no official pictures of the GT California as it is only set to debut at the Detroit Auto Show. This is the only image worth putting up as the rest are quite unimpressive.

the GT Cali is a mid engined car as are most Ferrari's, meaning the engine is set before the rear axle.

kevin62

Known Member
Aug 15, 2005
Penang
cashy,
If this car with 2+2 and the drop head roof i don think there is enough space to put 4300cc V8 engine.
What do you think?

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007
cashy,
If this car with 2+2 and the drop head roof i don think there is enough space to put 4300cc V8 engine.
What do you think?
Ferrari has obviously figured out a way to place it.. im assuming this is how it works: with a collapsible d-pillar i guess Ferrari freed up some room in the back.. Ferrari being Ferrari cant just leave empty space in the back.. it would look horrific on a car that costs as much.. so in went the seats.. problem solved.. but I wouldn't want to be in the back wit the roof up.. think those seats are more for decorative purposes.. if i wanted a 4 seater Ferrari.. I would go for a 612 Scaglietti.. cheers man..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I m driving a satria neo 1.6 (m). Would like some advise of wat piggy back or stand alone ECU to recommend. I heard Micro tec is good enough. I m looking for more torque than HP. Any idea i can get a 2nd stand alone ECU or piggy. i m currently holding on to a unichip b series ( before the Q version) not suitable for my cc. Any 1 would like to buy or trade in? Thanks for all shi fu's advise.:adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience