Kuala Lumpur
1. Brand : Any reliable brand
2. Budget : <30k
3. New/Used/Unreg : Used
4. Specs : dont know, advice pls.
5. Transmission : auto
6. NA or FI : ???
7. Type : 4 seater
8. Remarks : preference==> 1) good fuel consumption. 2) good handling 3) acceleration and speed.

Any other suggestion like getting a cheap car and change engine or mod to enhance the car performance? Max budget altogether is 30k or slightly more. Thanks.

All sifu here please advice. god bless YOU!

Last edited:

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
Civic EG / EK...
Corolla SEG...
Prelude BB1...
Accord SV4...

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
1. Brand : Any reliable brand
2. Budget : <30k
3. New/Used/Unreg : Used
4. Specs : dont know, advice pls.
5. Transmission : auto
6. NA or FI : ???
7. Type : 4 seater
8. Remarks : good in performance and handling. can accelerate and speed well. good fuel consumption.

Any other suggestion like getting a cheap car and change engine or mod to enhance the car performance? Max budget altogether is 30k or slightly more. Thanks.

All sifu here please advice. god bless YOU!
go search for yourself...better than getting lotsa opinion, end of the day u will get confused...test drive it and decide.....

beibak

Jan 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Civic EG / EK...
Corolla SEG...
Prelude BB1...
Accord SV4...
hey bro, thanks for the few choices. but how about the fuel consumption? and the handling of the car?

im also considering satria gti, bt the fuel consumption?

thanks

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

hi man, i know at the end of the day is my decision. but i just need some advice or recommendations so i can narrow down my choices.

any kind of advice or suggestions is welcomed. pls give a little elaboration as im a newbie in cars.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I would say Toyota 1.6 SEG with 4AGE Blacktop would be the best choice for u. Performance wise I would say is good and satisfactory for a start. Not hard to handle as well...my fren own an Auto SEG 4AGE Blacktop, Tested with him with my altis really from 0km/h no fight with him at all...pick up is damn good. FC wise i never hear him complaining that is bad or anything as he is one of those who would like to save more on petrol. Do consider this model.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
BMW E36 325i/328i - cheap, good handling, superb safety... but down side is fuel consumption, anyway if you maintain it well it doesnt really drink like hell...

you dun even hv to mod can already beat many cars be it NA or FI like those mentioned above, not from standstill 0-100 but from normal cruising to sudden match. JDM or modded vehicle might smoke you from standstill but after bmw pick up the speed then is totally different story, sport mod+vanos+higher displacement will smoke them kaw kaw...
IF you wanna mod it then can rebore to more than 3.5 with stroker kit, wanna fi or keep na also can...
Maintenance not a hassle at all as the engine not so complicated like later version
Appearance/Branding is also better than same age JDM vehicle.
Handling from a tough body is great, oem setting is good enough, change a lowered sport spring enhance more, seriously no need to for adjustable...
Safety wise, nothing much to say, just press any part of jdm body then compare to bmw then you will know...:biggrin:

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
low FC,really as wat mention above SEG...

BMW 328..wakaka,even no matter how u maintain still sucks fuel,as for the inline 6 engine,as myself drive 2.0 inline 6 engine,the FC is very high,no matter how u drive it,usually around rm0.25 and above
so SEG is better,anyway...get something lower than 2.0,around 1.5 to 1.8,i think is suitable,prelude nt really fuel saving as well...due to the engine and im sure when in prelude u will step harder and harder..wakaka,same as civic...oh well..all is in ur hand...good luck:biggrin:

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
beg to differ that inline 6 suck fuel since i also drove one, floor pedal wisely can make huge difference on fuel consumption, if you accelerate/brake brainless then city i-dsi also sucks fuel.

my mivec 1.8 1ltr=10km/h average, 525i 1ltr=8km/h... very big difference? not really if you compare those handling,safety,pleasure,comfort,silent & etc........

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
beg to differ that inline 6 suck fuel since i also drove one, floor pedal wisely can make huge difference on fuel consumption, if you accelerate/brake brainless then city i-dsi also sucks fuel.

my mivec 1.8 1ltr=10km/h average, 525i 1ltr=8km/h... very big difference? not really if you compare those handling,safety,pleasure,comfort,silent & etc........
wow...need to drive till tat slow to achieve good fuel consumption?:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If want a pleasant driving but driving that slow with such huge power in the hood is a bit hard to control urself...too tempting to drive that slow. U know ur car can perform well and how often do u really drive that slow with a powerful car? Unless traffic jam in town...highway i bet at least also u will drive 80km/h. Like i have mentioned before above, SEG in terms of performance is satisfactory and FC wise is not that huge as well. Still no matter what, it bores down to how u drive as well.

If wanna drive slow to save fuel, is better to just get a lower cc car and enjoy driving at a normal speed. Well, just my 2 cents that is a waste of money to get such a powerful car and at the same time u wanna save fuel by driving slow. It doesn't work that way. Good FC cars are always Toyota which to me has the best FC. Well, of course BMW comfort can't be compared to majority japanese cars. I would say is very comfortable and quiet in a BMW, well still what u pay is what u get.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
I would get SEG too, economical. I have a friend who is using SEG, so far no complains from him.

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB

bro....based on your rough calculation above....
2km/lit may look small....
but then if per full tank of petrol???
say 40lit...its edi 80km different ler.....
which is = 8lits of fuel.....
sedikit sedikit lama lama jadi bukit.....

if wanna say save fuel....
4G63 evo2 oso can hit 12km/lit....
coz i travel quite a lot for work....n i dun see the need to boost here n there n speed (kene saman hav to pay myself wei)....
so i just drive like normal....without boost n under 3k rpm.....
so basically...FC wise very much depends on your driving style...

i'd say SEG is a very good suggestion.....the black top wif 6speed gearbox.....
very nice to drive.....wif its 6speed...the ratio between gear is very short....
handling wise can play super-strut....

but if u really wanna go for good performance n handling.....
30k oso quite difficult to get a Honda EG wif B16A n good suspension set up....
wif 30k....i'd say wira/satria with GSR or EVO....can get a quite decently done up ones wif this budget.....with basic mods on the engine (air filter/bov/full set exhaust), handling (adjustables/strut bars/front n rear ARB), interior (bucket seats/lancer dash/some gauges)....

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Wah...that one handling good? It might be easy to swerve through traffic but is dangerous and very light car. Whole car so light surely very very uncomfortable and shaky :banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<a href="http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/features/171843-grass-racing-autosports-autocross-championship-round-2-2007-a.html">
<a>

Shah Alam, July 15th 2007 – Grass Racing Autosports or more commonly known as GRA ran their 2nd Autocross Round in Shah Alam Car Park in the wet! Rain did not dampen the spirit of the drivers.

Words and Pictures: GRA...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience