Recommendation needed for good exhaust shop

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
A friend of mine wants to build a custom exhaust & turbo manifold(fitting a larger turbo), dumpipe and FMIC. He wants good quality workmanship and is willing to pay for it.

He knows about Ah Heng in Subang Industrial Area and Jaafar in Sunway.

Any other places?

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
jian hang ma...cum cum:D

jack, thanks your link...ehehehhehe teh o limau on me:p

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
Jian Hang

fstrader said:
jian hang ma...cum cum:D

jack, thanks your link...ehehehhehe teh o limau on me:p
With every ZTH member visit to Jian Hang, fstrader gets 10sen! Wow! That's RM10 per 100 pax!
But the annoying thing abt Jian Hang is that they like to free² advertise put their emblem on your piping..
My cousin did his custom manifold there. waaa.. always crack. Y eh? Cannot use stainless steel la I think. Not as durable as the normal hitam steel.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
er.. so Jian Hang out of the list ler since their manifolds crack.. aper ni.. cacat quality still got ppl recommend.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
both robert and jian hang use same thickness for their headers
so u all tink roberts work so good meh
i gave my car to do there first
i had headache with him
i fixed my wastegate there in roberts
ran for 5 minutes from his place to NKVE tol
my car felt weird , idling went bad
drove straight to roberts
pop the hood he said its running fine
ran back to the tol
i stopped by the side of the road and popped the hood
my new bought silicone hose was melted , i was runnning on FULL boost cos tht hose melted
luckily i had spare hose , waited for the car to cool down
fixed the hose and took a slow drive to klang back to my mechanic
we were bz fixing the new hoses neatly and was ready to run
felt weird that my wastegate was open even at idle
i ran home , fullboost was only at 6krpm weird ?
got home , popped my hood
guess what ? my radiator top melted , my plug cover melted , my hoses were melted
my timing belt cover got melted , my spark plug cable also kena , supposed to trade my cable with a zth member called Cobramotorsports , showed him the pics of the disaster and canceled the deal.
opened up the timing belt cover , thank god the belt dint kena anything
so what the hell happen ?
the piping robert did for my wastegate was leaking , ate all those stuff , stainless
steel high grade. still can leak and crack what.

so the conclusion i am making here is
there is nothing wrong with robert
just saying , sometimes we are careless , exhaust people can also be careless
roberts mistake was he used paper gasket for my wastegate and the main mistake was he dint tighten the wastegate flange giving it a space for exhaust air to escape and slowly eat the gasket paper , he admitted himself when i went there to tell him what happened. it burnt down causing leaks and then cracking the pipe.

so after 2 weeks fstrader got me a place in jian hang , completed my project there , doing everything up. Jian hang , thumbs up.

so we cant simply point finger that this exhaust shop is good and that exhaust shop is bad just because of one case :) , sometimes there can be careless also lar , both robert and jian hang have neat work and quality steel. but jian hang does it fast cos he was many workers , roberts alone n very friendly.

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
You put is so nicely Jin... well I guess shit happens and you can definately comment on this as you're a user for both shops. Unlike posers who just comment and might have not even tried their services. Cheers

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
oh jinkl..thanks for the nice words;) ...was just trying to help.

jack, thanks again!

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
thought you're supposed to learn from other ppl's mistakes? lol. thats what the forum is for right? sharing experiences so other ZTH members won't get burned by the same ppl. so you saying that everybody should try and if get burn thent you learn else your lucky? so funny. and its even funnier that you see the same posers promoting it all over the place, try and guess why.

if the companies are willing to stand behind their products and workmanship like TiTAN, then its a different story.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

this is a way how u can get yr glasses clean n smooth water flows when driving in rain for better visibility

this, a window which juz cleaned with juz water, can easily see the water is sticking on the glasses, perhaps until it dry, where earth;s gravity does not help to pull the water down

i clayed the glasses, using ONR as lubricant...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience