Rapidly cooling the brake......

Norsaiful Zaidi

From Facebook
Aug 20, 2010
www.facebook.com
The road near my place (Klang) very dusty, after driving (most of the time hard driving) I directly spray water to wash off the dust out of my car. Of course the wheels will be spray with water, and steam come out from the brake as soon as the water hit them. So I wanna ask all the ZTH sifus this rapid cooling of the brake will harm them or not???
For your info my car is Proton Wira

Jakk

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Selangor
Do not do so!!!!

Ur rotor will harm, when u tekan brake, it will have sound.

Then u need to skim the rotor.

Good luck to your car.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
better to wait until the rotor/disk to cool down abit...rapid cooling on any hot metal will cause the metal to warp...

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
it will cause ur rotors to warp and when u brake, u can feel vibrations..

Norsaiful Zaidi

From Facebook
Aug 20, 2010
www.facebook.com
Thanks for your all advice
So far my brake didnt vibrate or have weird sound
But I wont wait for that happend
:driver:

ruckboyz_85

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
The road near my place (Klang) very dusty, after driving (most of the time hard driving) I directly spray water to wash off the dust out of my car. Of course the wheels will be spray with water, and steam come out from the brake as soon as the water hit them. So I wanna ask all the ZTH sifus this rapid cooling of the brake will harm them or not???
For your info my car is Proton Wira
someday somewhere somehow, when you are driving you car quite far distance...suddenly heavy rain falling from the sky...your rotor disc also will rapidly cooling...what should we do?find shelter?..oh no.. :smokin: :thefinger: :idea: :driver:

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
someday somewhere somehow, when you are driving you car quite far distance...suddenly heavy rain falling from the sky...your rotor disc also will rapidly cooling...what should we do?find shelter?..oh no.. :smokin: :thefinger: :idea: :driver:
that is a different issue all together...most braking system have air cooling ducts to cool the disk/rotor....so as long as you driving...the rotor will gradually cool down...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have a screw on type gear knob(hope u all know what i mean, heh heh)...

due to constant gear shifting, the gear knob will loosen after some time which i have to rescrew it back(very annoying)..
recently i found out there's holes on my gear rod due to the stupid screws...

is there anyway to make it as tight as those stock gear knob n not damaging the rod? and save up the work of screwing back?

thnk uuuuu
:)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience