Quietest possible muffler for our cefiro

ceffy32

Known Member
Oct 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,

I have a A33 VQ20DE. Changed my Y-pipe and put a bullet to replace the center box. I noticed the surface of muffler is rusted and there might be a hole soon as it's getting much louder since the day i fixed the y-pipe.

Wondering anybody here put a sport muffler on their cefiro? Currently im eyeing on Tanabe Hyper Medallion and Fujitsubo Legalis R. Uhm, mind me asking, are they straight flow or S-flow? I searched through the marketplace and noticed some Legalis R have their outlet near the arc of the oval, which stated as s-flow and some at the center of the oval. I assume that s-flow is more suitable for our cefiro, correct if i'm wrong.

Anymore recommended muffler in your mind for our cefiro? As quiet as possible, really hope to remain the 'silence' of our car..

Thanks a lot guys. :respect:

Add: I'm on 2" piping.

Last edited:

ss12b

Known Member
Jun 4, 2006
d hyper is straight flow & thats wat im using now..consider loud oso
don know if they oso produce s-flow for hyper
for more quiet recommend 2 install a silencer(pre-muffler which usually in d middle)..u sure smile on ur face with s-flow

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
you replace the Cat, that why it get louder, the cat is also use to damper the sound. the bullet is a straight flow, it sure loud. Change to a good center box that will reduce the exhaust noise.

ceffy32

Known Member
Oct 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
d hyper is straight flow & thats wat im using now..consider loud oso
don know if they oso produce s-flow for hyper
for more quiet recommend 2 install a silencer(pre-muffler which usually in d middle)..u sure smile on ur face with s-flow
I guess there's different type of flow for hyper medallion, but not sure if there's s-flow. I was offered by JFA with their s-flow, which one is better actually, sport muffler or aftermarket muffler?

you replace the Cat, that why it get louder, the cat is also use to damper the sound. the bullet is a straight flow, it sure loud. Change to a good center box that will reduce the exhaust noise.
i removed the center box because it had faulty, FC drop to 350km/tank and the exhaust sounded too rough and loud. hopefully a good muffler will make the sound tolerable, or adding one more bullet perhaps.

ur muffler is ori one? my ori one also berlubang-lubang & come out wrooom sound...

haha
Yes, it's stock muffler. not lubang maybe, just the surface is peeling off. any area around selangor has a lot of chop shops?

thanks for those replies guys...

maniac@vTec

May 9, 2006
kuantan
jux tis week i hav change exhaust piping on my a32,centre box replace wif the aftermarket bullet and the muffler i hav change to the s-flow FGK,i think that was quiet to me so far.hope it can give u some ideas..........

ceffy32

Known Member
Oct 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
jux tis week i hav change exhaust piping on my a32,centre box replace wif the aftermarket bullet and the muffler i hav change to the s-flow FGK,i think that was quiet to me so far.hope it can give u some ideas..........
Did u remove your cats? Where did u get the FGK? Do u have the name of the model?

Thanks for enlighten.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
there is a bunch tht will help

tanabe gmedilion
hks silent power
rsr invidia
hks super dragger is bassy

ceffy32

Known Member
Oct 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
was looking for HKS silent hi power as well, but since our cefiro's muffler is visible even from far, putting a circular shape muffler would not be that nice in my opinion. and therefore i go for oval shape muffler. Thanks for recommending though...

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
was looking for HKS silent hi power as well, but since our cefiro's muffler is visible even from far, putting a circular shape muffler would not be that nice in my opinion. and therefore i go for oval shape muffler. Thanks for recommending though...
u can hide it with skirt

maniac@vTec

May 9, 2006
kuantan
no.i didn't remove the cat.if u remove the cat it will too noisy.i dun wat the spec.i jux know that is fujitsubo oval shape s=flow.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

anyway,can i know where u get the y-pipe.does it custom made or it can easily get in the most of the exhaust shop.wat the cost to get one of those...i think i wanna to change my y-pipe also...he....he

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
i already took out d cat. can refer my thread. got pics there.

i wanna mod y pipe too but they quote me rm300++ which is overbudget for me..

ceffy32

Known Member
Oct 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
no.i didn't remove the cat.if u remove the cat it will too noisy.i dun wat the spec.i jux know that is fujitsubo oval shape s=flow.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

anyway,can i know where u get the y-pipe.does it custom made or it can easily get in the most of the exhaust shop.wat the cost to get one of those...i think i wanna to change my y-pipe also...he....he
did mine at JFA with 2 flex pipe and 2 inch piping, cost me 480, which is a little expensive i felt.

i already took out d cat. can refer my thread. got pics there.

i wanna mod y pipe too but they quote me rm300++ which is overbudget for me..
u took out the larger cat(2nd one) only ?

maniac@vTec

May 9, 2006
kuantan
thnx for da info..need to save some budget for the y-pipe plan.did u guys still having tt nowadays..hope to join in the future...cause i am working in kuantan phg

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Simple get a stock muffler , whether chop shop or brand new , end of the story. Quietest of the lot. Any sport/performance muffler will produce some sort of sound . Believe me, I have been toying around with exhaust systems since my 1st car (Mazda RX-2), hehehe..
Btw, quietness of our cars makes them sounds expensive..(especially inside the cabin)

Just my 2 cents.

SB3.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Try this link , you may find lots of info about y-pipe/s.:-
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...71045-rm-180-for-a-custom-y-pipe-shocked.html

Attachments

Last edited:

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Aiya , no need catlah , no mouse around wat, hahahaha , just joking. OLd cats r very restrictive to the flow of the exhaust especially during high rev . There are no regulation here in MY to install or compulsory for a car to have one unless you are living in USA. So wtf, just DE-CAT the cat and feel the power difference!

Cheers!

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
Thought of De-CATing the exhaust too, but worried on the effects that might have on ECU/etc... is it just take out and drive thingy? no need extra tuning whatsoever?

Anyway, after removing the CAT, what do u guys replace the section with? Just a connecting pipe of similar diameter will do??

ceffy32

Known Member
Oct 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Thought of De-CATing the exhaust too, but worried on the effects that might have on ECU/etc... is it just take out and drive thingy? no need extra tuning whatsoever?

Anyway, after removing the CAT, what do u guys replace the section with? Just a connecting pipe of similar diameter will do??
Yea, de-cat and drive. But i think it's best to reset or ECU, letting it to retake all the readings.

I doubt if u can just reconnect a similar diameter pipe. Most of us will remove the stock Y-pipe, and redo a new y-pipe. Exhaust shop will know what to do. After removing the cat, if u still want the silence, replace it with a bullet or high-flow cat.

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
reset ECU means take off the battery + and - terminals right?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all!

my water level in the reservoir is decreasing annoyingly. checked all- radiator, hoses, cap, water pump, thermostat, all seems to be ok. no water leaking. air air-cond ade la...slalu kuar. ade kena -mengena ke? water jacket bole bocor ke? radiator dah servis, siap tukar head skali tapi sama gak. temperature normal, tak penah naik paras bahaya atau overheat. no loss of power or eniting. keta turbo makan air banyak ke? aku taknak le kena overhaul. so kenkawan tolon le rekemen workshop...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience