Help Me...keta Minum Air!

maidenhead

Feb 5, 2004
hi all!

my water level in the reservoir is decreasing annoyingly. checked all- radiator, hoses, cap, water pump, thermostat, all seems to be ok. no water leaking. air air-cond ade la...slalu kuar. ade kena -mengena ke? water jacket bole bocor ke? radiator dah servis, siap tukar head skali tapi sama gak. temperature normal, tak penah naik paras bahaya atau overheat. no loss of power or eniting. keta turbo makan air banyak ke? aku taknak le kena overhaul. so kenkawan tolon le rekemen workshop paling power sebab aku dah pegi baaaanyak workshop...semua kate ok, takde ape. tapi annoying betul la bila slalu kena top up.

SPEEDSPiRiT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
kenny-lee.com
i am driving a ford b8t....my water reservoir also decrease kaukau
1 week must add in about 2inch to the reservoir ler....but keta turbo dont makan water one right?
makan water means got problem liow right?

never overheat never got problem....also ler mine

ask everyone their turbo also tak makan air one...no need to refill one
but i need to check at least once a week wor..

maidenhead..
if u get the answet tell me ok...
my fren say maybe gasket's problem ler
but i never go check....

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
keta turbo makan air banyak ke? aku taknak le kena overhaul.
OVERHAUL la baru gempak dol!!!

By the way, makan banyak air for turbos? hmmm... I once was made to understand of a principle where oil & water run through the turbo to cool it down. Oil for lubricating the pusing / bearing bits la....

Esp during idle, that's y turbo timers idle the engine for a preset time to allow the passing of these fluids in order to cool down the engine after a journey kan..? tapi water is re-cycled through the engine what. apasal pulak.. surely ada leak la. Reserve tank bocor ke, water pump (v. prone to failure) kong ke, water stopper hangus ke (hey, has happened b4 to me).
I could recommend you a pomen, but takut you'll get the same answer: "OK je?" No harm in checking tho.

dleetme

Feb 20, 2004
i've got a solution... tested and proven by me.. :))
u put chicken curry powder in ur radiator... no joke
cos my dad is working in the generator business in sabah, can really save alot
but remember never use fish curry powder
cos will oxidize ur radiator okay?
peace!

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
wah lau

curry chicken and curry ikan powder got diff meh?

but this is really strange

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
i've got a solution... tested and proven by me.. )
u put chicken curry powder in ur radiator... no joke
cos my dad is working in the generator business in sabah, can really save alot
but remember never use fish curry powder
cos will oxidize ur radiator okay?
peace!
Ok.. ok.. but I couldn't help laughing! Sori!

Well, foodstuffs can come in handy, but what's the chicken curry powder :D supposed to do? :lol: Mark the lines orange? make the car taste better? Or make it more POWDERful??? :lol: sori!

Hey, no offence, dleetme! Main² je. ;)

But as I said, yes foodstuff can be useful, coz our Ford buruk masa student times kena drink coke! YES! We poured 4 litres of Coca-Cola in the radiator to flush a lot of shyte out ok? Yup, we did drive around a few hundred meters with a coca-cola filled radiator. But it REALLY does make the radiator purge a shitload of clogged oil. And yes it does look like cirit / diarrhoea, hence PURGE.

maidenhead

Feb 5, 2004
SPEEDSPiRiT,
yes! i'm not alone. gasket in which part to be exact? i'll let u know if it's ok.

g88,
water pump confirm ok...they say la.

Bert,
coolant just added. but it's still the same

lekalo,
alamak aku kena dol!!
reserve tank, water pump, tak bocorss. wait, water stopper? that's new...where is it? i will check. do rekemen me a pomen. doesn't matter if i get the same old answer. no harm checking lagipon enrich my knowledge. pm me or email me the address to [email protected].

dleetme,
alamak makan kari dan minum coke pulak. ngerinye bunyi! aku ingat manusia je bertindak demikian. does it function as a 'stop leak' thingy where it fills up leaks in the radiator? if it is, i just find those after-market bottles...?

khaixtreme

Known Member
Mar 28, 2004
wat the??? put curry chicken powder?? serious anot?? first time hearing that and it's really.... hard to believe though. Anyway, a lot of unexplain stuff in this world one... like u put toothpaste or soy sauce when u got burn... y?? some say good some say not... so in the end.. up to u to believe

e-jump

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
Originally posted by Bert@Apr 8 2004, 10:47 AM
Not enough coolant so the water becomes steam and excapes from your resevoir hole?
let say i mix 50% water + 50%coolant... will dry fast aa?
n when i lenjan only dry out fast... why aa?
no leaks.. all hoses changed new

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
best thing is to check the radiator cap , if koyak aready then replace it , thats a start , then check if got oil stain in the radiator , if got then confrim head gasket blow aready . besides that if you car aircond has hot & cold temp function , then check for a small look alike radiator its been place at the dash compartment ? im not sure about it but for there there is the look alike radiator if you have that function , it could be leaking you never know . :lol:

maidenhead

Feb 5, 2004
cipan_supercas,
can diy check thermostat tak?

vestax,
radiator cap tak koyak. what other signs of konged cap? beside air meleleh? got tiny oil stain at the top of the radiator. so the mech changed the top part. after that no more stains. i do have the temp hot&cold function. how to check that celebrity lookalike?

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
well it could be caused by a small tiny crack in your radiator. the water only evaporates from there when the temperature and pressure of the water is high enough to force the vapor through the crack that's why you can't detect it. go ace hardware and buy this thing to fix radiator leaks. It's a grey/silver powder thing you pour into the radiator then when it's hot it will seal the cracks. Not sure abt chicken curry powder, who in the world discovered that and how? hmm...