putra in trouble

speeddemon993

Mar 31, 2009
to all the putra sifus...
recently i just port and polished the head and changed to mivec pistons.. my car still feels like stock.. today i just fitted a fuel regulator.. its still the same.. what else i have to do to make it a little more powerful?? i dont really have a big budget.. i hope all you sifus out there can help me out..
thanks..

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
hmm bro...normally after Port & Polish(pnp) + upgrade to hi compression piston confirm can feel difference...your car is totally stock?
or you got extractor,exhaust?

maybe you need to have an AFC to re-tune your car to actually "feel" the difference...after porting your head air volume and velocity is increased and there might not be enough fuel being mixed into the combustion chamber..

are you experiencing any knocking?

Last edited:

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Bro i also think you need a proper fuel management unit... 93 block with mivec piston cr quite high liao cos i'm using the same setting, i had knocking before so put in emanage, but not enough fuel so change injector and fuel pressure regulator...
Just get a tuning gadget first and ask your mech tune it on road, if afr too lean then only change injector...

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
dat is what a wrongly ported head will do to u, hence y i dont do dis in any of the cars iam/was working on.

speeddemon993

Mar 31, 2009
thank you all so much for the advice.. i really appreciate it.. i suspect that my car is running too lean as the spark plugs are white.. i cant go to a mech cause all of this modification i d.i.y.. can anyone tell me where i can get and install an e-manage?? thanks for helping me out bros...

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Phew~~ DIY??? damn cool bro... i never try it... you can get at any slightly reputable shop, but pls go for those with good tuner... All the best!!

speeddemon993

Mar 31, 2009
i dont experience any knocking but exploding sound coming from the exhaust..
some say that i have to get a gsr intake and a mivec extractor.. is that necessary??

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

thanks bro..

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
It has nth to do with your engine unhealthy condition, only serve as a tonic to aid in performance, won't die without it... : )

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Go and find a tuner, get Emanage, and dyno tune ur car. Im sure something went wrong with the A/F mixture. There's nothing to worry much about :)

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
thank you all so much for the advice.. i really appreciate it.. i suspect that my car is running too lean as the spark plugs are white.. i cant go to a mech cause all of this modification i d.i.y.. can anyone tell me where i can get and install an e-manage?? thanks for helping me out bros...
you ported your head your self?

Respect :top:

where is your location bro?.

Last edited:

speeddemon993

Mar 31, 2009
you ported your head your self?

Respect :top:

where is your location bro?.
i'm in penang bro..

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

Go and find a tuner, get Emanage, and dyno tune ur car. Im sure something went wrong with the A/F mixture. There's nothing to worry much about :)
thanks bro.. i feel so relief.. 2day there is another problem.. my engine is kind of hard to start in cold condition.. especially in the morning.. is it the same problem??

freeman1314

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
D.I.Y pnp ? Salute:rock:
If u r in penang, I do know a mech who had experience in mitsu engine. His shop at tanjung bungah near tar college. Forgotten his name already but i think he not bad in honda and mitsu engine d. Tuning wise northern garage lo(nt really a fan of m power).

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It really doesn't get better than this. Best Motoring's Tsukuba put the two hottest rally kings head-to-head on the track along with their predecessors. The lineup includes the new 2008 Mitsubishi Evolution X vs the 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI. The race also includes the new Mitsubishi Evolution X with manual and SST transmission, the Mitsubishi Evolution IX GSR and the old WRX STi and Evo.

The new 2008...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience