Promote Rev 2.0 KEVLAR

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003

We are glad to announce that Promote now has a new Rev 2.0 bumper made of Kevlar re-inforcement. You now have an option to choose the Kevlar version at RM850 which is made upon request. With Kevlar re-inforcement, a full layer of Kevlar is re-inforced to the bumper with the existing design, whereby improving Promote's durability to a much higher level.

This is ideal for those who want the ultimate in looks and quality.

Here is a short explanation on Kevlar taken from http://www.lbl.gov/MicroWorlds/Kevlar/

FACTS

Under water, Kevlar is 20 times stronger than steel.
These Kevlar cables are supporting a sonar facility that the U.S. Navy uses to find out how much noise submarines make.

Police wear bulletproof vests made of Kevlar.

I WONDER WHAT MAKES KEVLAR®* SO STRONG ??

CLUE #1: KEVLAR is a long chain-like molecule known as a polymer, which consists of repeating units called monomers.

CLUE #2: A Kevlar fiber is an array of molecules oriented parallel to each other like a package of uncooked spaghetti. This orderly, untangled arrangement of molecules is described as a crystalline structure. Crystallinity is obtained by a manufacturing process known as spinning, which involves extruding the molten polymer solution through small holes. The crystallinity of the Kevlar polymer strands contributes significantly to Kevlar's unique strength and rigidity.

CLUE #3: Kevlar is a polyaromatic amide. That is, it contains aromatic and amide groups. Other polymers with a high breaking strength often contain one or both of these molecular groups.

CLUE #4: The individual polymer strands of Kevlar are held together by hydrogen bonds that form between the polar amide groups on adjacent chains.

CLUE #5: The aromatic components of Kevlar polymers have a radial (spoke-like) orientation, which gives a high degree of symmetry and regularity to the internal structure of the fibers. This crystalline-like regularity is the largest contributing factor in the strength of Kevlar. Only with bright synchrotron radiation could the secret strength of Kevlar be revealed.

As you have discovered, there are many components that contribute to the strength of Kevlar, including the fact that Kevlar is a polymer containing aromatic and amide molecular groups. When the molten Kevlar is spun into fibers, the polymers have a crystalline arrangement, with the polymer chains oriented parallel to the fiber's axis. The amide groups are able to form hydrogen bonds between the polymer chains, which act like glue holding the separate polymer chains together. The most recent XANES images confirm that the aromatic components of Kevlar have a radial (spoke-like) orientation, which allows for a high degree of symmetry and order.

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
keke die la now everybody will want to sit on JUN's bumper.

guest 18 yes it is sligthly lighter.

euthanasia yes available now currently for Promote bumpers (ie proton wira/satria/putra).

Jimbitz - haven't updated the website yet, the design is the same only material different. xtmods.com is the new website but not completed yet.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
Means if u drive underwater,ur bumper will be 20 times stronger than driving on land... :lol: then it will be bulletproof...hehe.. :P
that only takes effect if the thickness is sufficient.if its just a sheet of 2mm,its almost as strong as carbon fiber...
my ice skates are 30% kevlar,thats durability

euthanasia

Known Member
Jan 3, 2004
How can u drive underwater? Unless you're really drunk or fried out of your head? Does this mean that the bumper is more durable during raining? ehhehe jk...

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
Hah..?!?! wat ur trying to say is that other bumpers will melt in the rain?? :P :P or when its raining,the kevlar will power up?
sorry danny,i dun mean to...i like the idea...but isit worth the investment?

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
aiyoo.. the underwater statement is one of it's example of durability only, don't take it so literally that you car would go underwater... :D

The kevlar edition is our response to some complaints that the previous FRP (fiber reinforced PU) does not withstand harder impacts. So to those who want the ultimate in quality and durability, this is an option for them.

On an independant test, We have seen a test done on some mousepads made of a small amount of kevlar. Even at a small area of 1ft x 1ft size, being shot with several times with rifles, the mousepad remains in one piece. Link - http://www.gameaxis.com/articles/view.gax?id=160

'The Immortal
In fact, the X-Board is almost indestructible. A video clip from the manufacturer’s website shows how the board withstands various bullets from different rifles at a shooting range. In one comparative test between the first version of the X-Board and X-Board V2 on the video clip, a 12-caliber round was fired into each board. While the former board cracked into pieces, version 2 of the X-Board was still in one unbreakable piece. Antony Lee, the business manager from the company that exclusively distributes the X-Board V2 in Asia, Fireon Technology Services, explains that the V2 is made of a special compound that has minor "kevlar properties" to prevent bullets from penetrating through. This brings new meaning to the phrase, “virtually un-fraggable in reality”. '

CT_

Oct 20, 2004
Do you have any body kit for cefiro A31?
How much??

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
a thin layer of kevlar will not do much eh danny?? at least not as good as a PP bumper i guess.. and confirm la will not be bullet proof.. military helmet is made of 13 - 15 layers of kevlar sheet heat compressed, weighting at more than 5kgs a pc if i'm not wrong.. Anyway, its still a good product kan..

crapper

Apr 21, 2005
ermm.. i dont think its a good idea to put on 'indestructable' bumpers on ur car. unless u gonna bring or car to war or something.

imagine, u accidently hit the car in front of you. ur car will be fine. but his/her car? u end up paying more to fix his/her car. so. whats the purpose anyways?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

I bought over my elder brother's Honda accord and wanted to remove the body kits, do you know any shops in Klang, Shah Alam or Subang area where I could safely remove the body kits without damaging the paint job?

I'm not planning to DIY the removal as I wouldn't want to ruin the original paint.
Estimated price to remove?
Can I trade in the body kit as we'll?

Thank you for your recommendations in advance.
Regards,
Acer1810
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience