Problem with tomei procam?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

azrilizwan

Jan 15, 2008
Hi guys

I have a problem with my cam ( Tomei Procam MID 270 10.25 lift ) I'm using the cams with VALVE SPRINGS TYPE B

What is the clearance for them ??

Do I need to change The Shims or buy the tomei solid valve lifter ??
which one is most recommended?

pls help..tq

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
Hi bro,

I think I better reply here instead of PM. Valve clearance for RB26 during cold start
IN 0.45mm EX 0.38mm with valve max lift IN 9.80mm, EX 9.87mm (for your cam 270). Since your cam 10.25mm lift, you may choose to opt it by using shim but there is disadvantage using outer shim which tend to tilt out from the lifter bucket at high rev.Each valve comes with different shim thickness and need perfect measurement up to 0.01mm for clearance adjustment.

Would recommend you change to TOMEI valve lifter which comes with 1mm thick high so It`s not necessary to use thick shim and merit for high rev. Still you need inner shim to adjust the clearance.It`s more suitable for 10.25 above spec such as 10.42 / 11.12mm

OEM cam spec:
240°in, 236°ex ,lift: 8.58mm in, 8.28mm ex

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
i ahev a prob with tomei procams too.. its not in my eng..hehehehe.. just kidding. if u plan to skim ur shim or get a replacement. the most important thing is the clearence.. always make sure its back to factory spec clearence..

A Post Every 5 Mins

Dear friends,

I owned 2005 Wira sedan,1.5GLi Auto.
Last year,i did convert my gear box to 1.5 manual transmission gear box + 1.6 clutch plate.
Now,i'm thinking for the piping modification.
I heard so many idea's from so many people.Some say,just go for 4-2-1 extractor only.Some say put 2 bullet,get off the catcon.Some say get off the muffler,do straight piping to the end.

I'm clueless rite now.

As Z2H has experts on mod,could u guys recommend me the best way of exhaust mod for my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience