Problem with insufficient power, please help car electrical sifu

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

gck

Known Member
Oct 18, 2004
Actually i bought a PDA car charger for my car use. After plugging in the indicator light on the car charger is on. Therefore i assume is working.

But it seems that the ciggy plug is not supplying enough power to charge my PDA.

Once i on the headlamps, the indicator light is off.

I am suspecting i don't have enough power flowing to my ciggy lighter coz when i plug into other car it works.

ICE setup simple, two twetter, two 4 inch and two 6x9 at the back.

What can be the causes of this problem?

Another issue is, can i draw power directly from car battery to power the ciggy lighter? Will the power supplied(Ampere) be too much for the car adapter to handle?

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
how come u think this is related to ice? btw, some ciggy lighter wiring is too thin in oem spec..it may cause of low current flow....but i dun think ur pda charger will draw so much current..usually charger take <1A....maybe rewiring ur ciggy socker wiring will help...

it wont be too much / too little ampere...all car wiring share the same ampere...but it only limit whether when the wiring for the device will burn/melt under heavy load..cos some wiring are damn thin...

gck

Known Member
Oct 18, 2004
my device draw 1.2ampere to operate wor..
dunno if my ICE draw too much power ma, but i don't think so la..simple setup only wor..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi.. i just bought a water temp gauge and i don't know where to put the sensor.anyone here know how to do it?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience