Problem dealing with Clutch,Boost,RPM

PutraEvo

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
i just changed a whole new set clutch pump for my EVO II. and took the air box from the original piping of EVO II.

Now, when i engage at gear fourth especially,wanna overtake a car, fully step on the pedal and the boost comes up fast, RPM comes up fast enough from 4K to 6K. but i found that my speed cant go up...only if i slightly press on the pedal and slow bring up the speed.

is it because i changed the new clutch pump? or my clutch slips?

PutraEvo

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
today mechanic said that it is because of the fuel...cos once engages at 3rd to 4th gear, there is pop pop sound at the muffler during which RPM was 5k.

thats why speed cant go up eventhough RPM at 5k and boost was around 1 bar. I donno whether is it true. He said it is not clutch slip cos at the 1st to 3rd gear,from RPM 1k to 4k or sometimes 5k...speed can go up smoothly,only at RPM 5k or 6k...speed not goin up...the sound just like idling at high RPM.

if really because of the fuel, really need to change the fuel pump or add one more fuel pump? cos i know original EVO II has two fuel pumps,correct?
i have fuel regulator also plugged in.

Thanks!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I plan to install this replace my stock intake to open pod intake, but not sure about the size of simota twister's intake. Hope any sifus can give advises :driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience