Preve Hatch Launching this Saturday Yoo!

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Seems like the "new" malaysian car doesnt quite goes well with malaysian car buyers.
In fact, this has nothing to do with being Malaysian or patriotism. Malaysian buyers are an educated bunch, playing it safe with their hard earned money, which is why other than national brands, Toyota is a solid choice, as it lives up to its reputation - resale value, good service *as rated by JD Power*.

Myself, and everybody on ZTH would really hope and wish Proton could muster their game together and deliver a good, solid car, and we would buy it.

The reason why Preve, and this new Suprima S doesn't sell as well is because at that price level, one can purchase a brand new Toyota Vios J, or a Forte I think. Yes, they are different class of vehicles, but they share one thing in common, price.

You can argue that we are paying more for less, maybe. But Preve is selling for rip off price in Malaysia compared to Australia.

Preve Manual 1.6 IAFM+
Australia price: AUD$15,990 (MYR47,596) 6 airbags
Malaysia price: MYR$59,990 (AUD$20,156) 2 airbags

Preve CVT 1.6 IAFM+
Australia price: AUD$17,990 (MYR53,549) 6 airbags
Malaysia price: MYR62,990 (AUD$21,117) 2 airbags

So my question to you is, do we (Malaysians) look like fools to Proton and the Government?

Why should we blindly be "patriotic" and buy Proton?
Why should we pay more?
Why should we get less safety features? Is the lives of Malaysians not equivalent to Australians?

Toyota Prius C
Australia Price: RRP AUD$23,990, Drive away price (OTR) AUD$27,550 (MYR82,000)
Malaysia Price: MYR97,000 (AUD$32,519) despite having NO TAX payable, the price EXCEEDS the Australian price WITH TAX.

So in conclusion, we are made to buy Malaysians car because, well, we're getting shafted. Even a Prius C without tax in Malaysia the price is higher than Australia with tax. And then our own Malaysia car is cheaper in Australia with tax, handling and freight, insurance etc.

Logical? Make sense?

And bear in mind, you work in McDonalds in Malaysia you earn RM5 per hour, if you work in McDonalds in Australia you earn AUD$5 per hour. So we are royally screwed, people just don't realise it yet.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
In fact, this has nothing to do with being Malaysian or patriotism. Malaysian buyers are an educated bunch, playing it safe with their hard earned money, which is why other than national brands, Toyota is a solid choice, as it lives up to its reputation - resale value, good service *as rated by JD Power*.

Myself, and everybody on ZTH would really hope and wish Proton could muster their game together and deliver a good, solid car, and we would buy it.

The reason why Preve, and this new Suprima S doesn't sell as well is because at that price level, one can purchase a brand new Toyota Vios J, or a Forte I think. Yes, they are different class of vehicles, but they share one thing in common, price.

You can argue that we are paying more for less, maybe. But Preve is selling for rip off price in Malaysia compared to Australia.:congrats::congrats::congrats:

Preve Manual 1.6 IAFM+
Australia price: AUD$15,990 (MYR47,596) 6 airbags
Malaysia price: MYR$59,990 (AUD$20,156) 2 airbags

Preve CVT 1.6 IAFM+
Australia price: AUD$17,990 (MYR53,549) 6 airbags
Malaysia price: MYR62,990 (AUD$21,117) 2 airbags

So my question to you is, do we (Malaysians) look like fools to Proton and the Government?

Why should we blindly be "patriotic" and buy Proton?
Why should we pay more?
Why should we get less safety features? Is the lives of Malaysians not equivalent to Australians?

Toyota Prius C
Australia Price: RRP AUD$23,990, Drive away price (OTR) AUD$27,550 (MYR82,000)
Malaysia Price: MYR97,000 (AUD$32,519) despite having NO TAX payable, the price EXCEEDS the Australian price WITH TAX.

So in conclusion, we are made to buy Malaysians car because, well, we're getting shafted. Even a Prius C without tax in Malaysia the price is higher than Australia with tax. And then our own Malaysia car is cheaper in Australia with tax, handling and freight, insurance etc.

Logical? Make sense?

And bear in mind, you work in McDonalds in Malaysia you earn RM5 per hour, if you work in McDonalds in Australia you earn AUD$5 per hour. So we are royally screwed, people just don't realise it yet.

:congrats: rightly said, bro!!

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
bro ken yeang, u are so true.. where have all the good stuff from proton like putra, satria gti, gti r3, wira dohc... maybe u call sell this new model to an old man try to look rich but u still have millions of youngster who are very hungry waiting for sports vehicle just like the old times... haih..

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
it's proton typical lame standard strategy to launch a standed car 1st. Then upgrade bit by bit and by piece by piece there. Then later. make limited edition, put sticker here there....face lift change lamp...the usual stuff...:biggrin:
did 308 gti comes before normal 308?
every other manufacturer did that...why butthurt?
see bugatti veyron...limited konon...

yeah.. it is really frustrating when a so called new car launched from proton, it wasn't look new at all.. its a same situation happen to Gen2 and persona.. Wake up la PROTON. u guys should be more creative than this...
look is one thing...you should note the other development rather than the look itself...
remember last time honda announce the new civic, but the change is only the 'diamond' rear lamp...

CVT 1.6 :rofl: Price is more expensive than sedan? Where is the logic? Must be the
rims that is costly :rofl:

Cant they give better rims? And where is the manual version when it comes to sports? Suprima S or Suprima ASS?
Really Don't see a point of Proton coming out with this Suprima Ass when not better upgrades on it and no manuals...

Wasted my 3 mins time browsing on their webpage...rims sucks...interior acceptable to me.
thought that ford focus sport also more expensive than sedan...with less equipped..
suprima are much better equipped than preve...

1.4 tons.. so heavy like a lorry. R3 for what?
it is well known fact that modern car are heavier due to safety regulation...

i agree that it is not good looking even though it have the same proportion as ford focus sport...and similar colour...
the price is a bit upset...but the equipment are really worth it...
turbo+cvt+6 airbag+front sensor+gps+rear camera+leather seat=RM80k...

dont start on the tax la....

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
did 308 gti comes before normal 308?
every other manufacturer did that...why butthurt?
see bugatti veyron...limited konon...

look is one thing...you should note the other development rather than the look itself...
remember last time honda announce the new civic, but the change is only the 'diamond' rear lamp...

thought that ford focus sport also more expensive than sedan...with less equipped..
suprima are much better equipped than preve...

i agree that it is not good looking even though it have the same proportion as ford focus sport...and similar colour...
the price is a bit upset...but the equipment are really worth it...
turbo+cvt+6 airbag+front sensor+gps+rear camera+leather seat=RM80k...

dont start on the tax la....
Test drive to know it. And marketing is always marketing. People still fall for it.
Like McDonalds gain alot of profit because of minions.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I disagree. And I am not aware of this "fact".

Let's compare with the same class of cars as the Supramianiam S, medium sized cars.
Considering Supramianiam S has yet to be tested, I'll use the results of Preve, ANCAP 5 star (with 6 airbags)

Nissan Sylphy - 1258kg, 5 star ANCAP
Volvo V40 - 1357 to 1498kg, 5 star ANCAP
Renalt Megane - avg 1300kg, 5 star ANCAP
Supramaniam S - 1375kg & 1395kg
BMW 320d - 1495kg, 5 star ANCAP
Mercedes B-class 180 CDi - 1359kg, 5 star ANCAP

Although they are all 5 star, there IS a difference.
Preve scored 34.25 out of 37, that's 92.56%
Volvo V40 scored 36.67 out of 37, that's 99.1%

The #1 scoring car in the same class, is the Mercedes B-class, with 36.78 out of 37, that's 99.4% and the Mercedes is lighter than #2 scoring car, the BMW 320d, and lighter than the #3 scoring car, the Volvo V40. Additional note, both the Mercedes and Volvo has knee air bags. The tested BMW does not, AND the BMW is heavier.

Based on this single sample, your statement is false. :thefinger: Please do provide your "FACTS", and not cakap kosong misleading people. Weight does not dictate the level of safety of the car.

That being said, the safest car on the road right now is a Tesla Model S, which weights 2 tonnes. But that's a different animal, as it is a full electric car, and its dense battery pack is the source of the weight AND also the reason why the car is so rigid/safe. It is irrelevant when we are comparing Supramianiam S, since the Proton is NOT an electric car.

References:
Mercedes-Benz safety | B-Class crash test - ANCAP
BMW safety | 3-Series crash test - ANCAP
Proton safety | Preve crash test - ANCAP

Don't start on the tax? Buat tak nampak doesn't mean it doesn't exist. That's why I say Malaysians love to kenal rogol by Government. Kena rogol that time, buat tak tahu lah.. yeah..right..

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam

i totally understand what so called proton's development. dont talk to me about gps+radio when nowdays all of us can go gps by our phone. LED light, acc shop has tonnes of it for cheap. auto wiper, even daihatsu mira in 90's already use this go check youtube. electric side mirror, my old kancil has it and it only for premium spec. and all those accessories thingy.. i think the real development for them to improve is the proton's leader mindset and stop play safe all the time. if u ask me, i do want to support our local car manufacturer. But where have all the good cars gone? i think alot of us know that satria gti is still modded by car tuners in australia and that car is rated 2nd top import hatchback back in year 2000+, the ek9 type r is the 1st place and i am proud of it. but then where have all the fun and good platform of sports gone?

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

and one more, u mention honda civic announce a new civic and the change is only diamond rear lamp and i dont give a shit about civic. they can do facelift as much as they want to the same model as minor as change the grill only.. but this our new proton is the different model and new name regardless of the same chasis as preve.. why not just give a damn minor facelift like at least different front bumper??. its definitely looks like preve hatchback but again its not preve!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I disagree. And I am not aware of this "fact".

Let's compare with the same class of cars as the Supramianiam S, medium sized cars.
Considering Supramianiam S has yet to be tested, I'll use the results of Preve, ANCAP 5 star (with 6 airbags)

Nissan Sylphy - 1258kg, 5 star ANCAP
Volvo V40 - 1357 to 1498kg, 5 star ANCAP
Renalt Megane - avg 1300kg, 5 star ANCAP
Supramaniam S - 1375kg & 1395kg
BMW 320d - 1495kg, 5 star ANCAP
Mercedes B-class 180 CDi - 1359kg, 5 star ANCAP

Although they are all 5 star, there IS a difference.
Preve scored 34.25 out of 37, that's 92.56%
Volvo V40 scored 36.67 out of 37, that's 99.1%

The #1 scoring car in the same class, is the Mercedes B-class, with 36.78 out of 37, that's 99.4% and the Mercedes is lighter than #2 scoring car, the BMW 320d, and lighter than the #3 scoring car, the Volvo V40. Additional note, both the Mercedes and Volvo has knee air bags. The tested BMW does not, AND the BMW is heavier.

Based on this single sample, your statement is false. :thefinger: Please do provide your "FACTS", and not cakap kosong misleading people. Weight does not dictate the level of safety of the car.

That being said, the safest car on the road right now is a Tesla Model S, which weights 2 tonnes. But that's a different animal, as it is a full electric car, and its dense battery pack is the source of the weight AND also the reason why the car is so rigid/safe. It is irrelevant when we are comparing Supramianiam S, since the Proton is NOT an electric car.

References:
Mercedes-Benz safety | B-Class crash test - ANCAP
BMW safety | 3-Series crash test - ANCAP
Proton safety | Preve crash test - ANCAP

Don't start on the tax? Buat tak nampak doesn't mean it doesn't exist. That's why I say Malaysians love to kenal rogol by Government. Kena rogol that time, buat tak tahu lah.. yeah..right..
IF heavier means safer...means Lotus cars are totally not safe :rofl:

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
CVT 1.6 :rofl: Price is more expensive than sedan? Where is the logic? Must be the
rims that is costly :rofl:

Cant they give better rims? And where is the manual version when it comes to sports? Suprima S or Suprima ASS?
Really Don't see a point of Proton coming out with this Suprima Ass when not better upgrades on it and no manuals...

Wasted my 3 mins time browsing on their webpage...rims sucks...interior acceptable to me.
Sometime the hatchback is way expensive than the sedan. For example, Ford Fiesta sedan is way cheaper than hatchback although the amount of the balloons are more than hatchback.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Sometime the hatchback is way expensive than the sedan. For example, Ford Fiesta sedan is way cheaper than hatchback although the amount of the balloons are more than hatchback.
Ford Fiesta Hatch definitely more worth it than the Sedan, cuz the sedan is too ugly to be driven :rofl:

But anyway, hatch or not, is actually due to the pizza have more new techs in it than the preve even though I hate it that it is using the same engine and also a Continuous Viral Transmission. :biggrin:

Unlike Gen-2 and Persona at least both using different engines, which is what I call difference..
at least the new Gen-2 is fitted with a campro cps.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
i find it strange myself. Mazda 2 and 3 hatches are more expensive than the sedan version as well IIRC.
Mazda 2 sedan is ugly as hell :rofl: can match up with the Fiesta Sedan

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Mazda 3 sedan is pretty handsome though.....still out priced by it's hatch twin
Yes only Mazda 3 sedan looks good. Twin Hatch, MPS model is worth it.
At least something different in terms of performance, rather than Pizza Supreme.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all sifu,

i need some help a very funny thing happened to my car, usually if drive long period, distance or very fast the water tempreature will drop to 30 -50c normal is 90c is is ok or not? my car is 4g54 2.6L petrol

p/s i know tht water tempreature goes up is bad but if go down is it ok? any effect on my car? any sifu or mech familiar with this prob?:hmmmm:

Bump: added info my water temp sensor n meter (both on meter cluster and on 56mm gauge) all are working fine as i have...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience