Preve Hatch Launching this Saturday Yoo!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
it is well known fact that modern car are heavier due to safety regulation...
I disagree. And I am not aware of this "fact".

Let's compare with the same class of cars as the Supramianiam S, medium sized cars.
Considering Supramianiam S has yet to be tested, I'll use the results of Preve, ANCAP 5 star (with 6 airbags)

Nissan Sylphy - 1258kg, 5 star ANCAP
Volvo V40 - 1357 to 1498kg, 5 star ANCAP
Renalt Megane - avg 1300kg, 5 star ANCAP
Supramaniam S - 1375kg & 1395kg
BMW 320d - 1495kg, 5 star ANCAP
Mercedes B-class 180 CDi - 1359kg, 5 star ANCAP

Although they are all 5 star, there IS a difference.
Preve scored 34.25 out of 37, that's 92.56%
Volvo V40 scored 36.67 out of 37, that's 99.1%

The #1 scoring car in the same class, is the Mercedes B-class, with 36.78 out of 37, that's 99.4% and the Mercedes is lighter than #2 scoring car, the BMW 320d, and lighter than the #3 scoring car, the Volvo V40. Additional note, both the Mercedes and Volvo has knee air bags. The tested BMW does not, AND the BMW is heavier.

Based on this single sample, your statement is false. :thefinger: Please do provide your "FACTS", and not cakap kosong misleading people. Weight does not dictate the level of safety of the car.

That being said, the safest car on the road right now is a Tesla Model S, which weights 2 tonnes. But that's a different animal, as it is a full electric car, and its dense battery pack is the source of the weight AND also the reason why the car is so rigid/safe. It is irrelevant when we are comparing Supramianiam S, since the Proton is NOT an electric car.

References:
Mercedes-Benz safety | B-Class crash test - ANCAP
BMW safety | 3-Series crash test - ANCAP
Proton safety | Preve crash test - ANCAP

Don't start on the tax? Buat tak nampak doesn't mean it doesn't exist. That's why I say Malaysians love to kenal rogol by Government. Kena rogol that time, buat tak tahu lah.. yeah..right..

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
look is one thing...you should note the other development rather than the look itself...
remember last time honda announce the new civic, but the change is only the 'diamond' rear lamp...

i totally understand what so called proton's development. dont talk to me about gps+radio when nowdays all of us can go gps by our phone. LED light, acc shop has tonnes of it for cheap. auto wiper, even daihatsu mira in 90's already use this go check youtube. electric side mirror, my old kancil has it and it only for premium spec. and all those accessories thingy.. i think the real development for them to improve is the proton's leader mindset and stop play safe all the time. if u ask me, i do want to support our local car manufacturer. But where have all the good cars gone? i think alot of us know that satria gti is still modded by car tuners in australia and that car is rated 2nd top import hatchback back in year 2000+, the ek9 type r is the 1st place and i am proud of it. but then where have all the fun and good platform of sports gone?

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

and one more, u mention honda civic announce a new civic and the change is only diamond rear lamp and i dont give a shit about civic. they can do facelift as much as they want to the same model as minor as change the grill only.. but this our new proton is the different model and new name regardless of the same chasis as preve.. why not just give a damn minor facelift like at least different front bumper??. its definitely looks like preve hatchback but again its not preve!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Let's compare with the same class of cars as the Supramianiam S, medium sized cars.
Considering Supramianiam S has yet to be tested, I'll use the results of Preve, ANCAP 5 star (with 6 airbags)

The #1 scoring car in the same class, is the Mercedes B-class, with 36.78 out of 37, that's 99.4% and the Mercedes is lighter than #2 scoring car, the BMW 320d, and lighter than the #3 scoring car, the Volvo V40. Additional note, both the Mercedes and Volvo has knee air bags. The tested BMW does not, AND the BMW is heavier.

Based on this single sample, your statement is false. :thefinger: Please do provide your "FACTS", and not cakap kosong misleading people. Weight does not dictate the level of safety of the car.

That being said, the safest car on the road right now is a Tesla Model S, which weights 2 tonnes. But that's a different animal, as it is a full electric car, and its dense battery pack is the source of the weight AND also the reason why the car is so rigid/safe. It is irrelevant when we are comparing Supramianiam S, since the Proton is NOT an electric car.

References:

Don't start on the tax? Buat tak nampak doesn't mean it doesn't exist. That's why I say Malaysians love to kenal rogol by Government. Kena rogol that time, buat tak tahu lah.. yeah..right..
IF heavier means safer...means Lotus cars are totally not safe :rofl:

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
CVT 1.6 :rofl: Price is more expensive than sedan? Where is the logic? Must be the
rims that is costly :rofl:

Cant they give better rims? And where is the manual version when it comes to sports? Suprima S or Suprima ASS?
Really Don't see a point of Proton coming out with this Suprima Ass when not better upgrades on it and no manuals...

Wasted my 3 mins time browsing on their webpage...rims sucks...interior acceptable to me.
Sometime the hatchback is way expensive than the sedan. For example, Ford Fiesta sedan is way cheaper than hatchback although the amount of the balloons are more than hatchback.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Sometime the hatchback is way expensive than the sedan. For example, Ford Fiesta sedan is way cheaper than hatchback although the amount of the balloons are more than hatchback.
Ford Fiesta Hatch definitely more worth it than the Sedan, cuz the sedan is too ugly to be driven :rofl:

But anyway, hatch or not, is actually due to the pizza have more new techs in it than the preve even though I hate it that it is using the same engine and also a Continuous Viral Transmission. :biggrin:

Unlike Gen-2 and Persona at least both using different engines, which is what I call difference..
at least the new Gen-2 is fitted with a campro cps.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
i find it strange myself. Mazda 2 and 3 hatches are more expensive than the sedan version as well IIRC.
Mazda 2 sedan is ugly as hell :rofl: can match up with the Fiesta Sedan

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Mazda 3 sedan is pretty handsome though.....still out priced by it's hatch twin
Yes only Mazda 3 sedan looks good. Twin Hatch, MPS model is worth it.
At least something different in terms of performance, rather than Pizza Supreme.

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
it is well known fact that modern car are heavier due to safety regulation...
Well, if that is ur logic.. this video shows otherwise

Crash Test 1959 Chevrolet Bel Air VS. 2009 Chevrolet Malibu (Frontal Offset) IIHS 50th Anniversary - YouTube

I know the Bel Air is heavier than the Malibu.

Cant they give better rims? And where is the manual version when it comes to sports? Suprima S or Suprima ASS?
Really Don't see a point of Proton coming out with this Suprima Ass when not better upgrades on it and no manuals...
Errr, Supra did u watch the video of the launching?

I remembered the COO said "I like the back of the car, it matches with the word S"

I dunno if he mean it or he is high.. anyway the COO did a very bad job in presenting also he doesnt not even know anything about Proton or the car industry.

They brag about bootspace

"Boot space is the biggest, you want more, get a lorry!" the COO said...

If I compare same price n bootspace, Nissan Almera wins bcoz it is 450 than 427 of Suprima.

The COO was so proud bragging about Suprima is the 1st proton with LED lights !!

wait a sec? Exora n new Saga FLX not rear LED lights?

Seriously the COO is a joker of the century !! I saw eveyone condemning him on the presentation on youtube. ALso everyone there did not give a loud applause.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Crash Test 1959 Chevrolet Bel Air VS. 2009 Chevrolet Malibu (Frontal Offset) IIHS 50th Anniversary - YouTube

I remembered the COO said "I like the back of the car, it matches with the word S"

I dunno if he mean it or he is high.. anyway the COO did a very bad job in presenting also he doesnt not even know anything about Proton or the car industry.

If I compare same price n bootspace, Nissan Almera wins bcoz it is 450 than 427 of Suprima.

The COO was so proud bragging about Suprima is the 1st proton with LED lights !!

Seriously the COO is a joker of the century !! I saw eveyone condemning him on the presentation on youtube. ALso everyone there did not give a loud applause.
LOL! What a joke!

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
if i were big boss doing speech for proton, i would never bragging bout LED.. accessories sell that thing for just like 50 ringgit.. huh..

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006

References:

thanks for the explanation...
what i mean is same model or series...not different model or manufacturer...

old BMW 320i? 1370kg..current 1495kg..
old Mercedes B 200 1345kg...current 1359..
check out golf, focus, accord, scooby, evo, elise and so on...too much to list...

the tax does exists..do you need to shout on the same stories for each and every car launch in Malaysia?...go on then..

IF heavier means safer...means Lotus cars are totally not safe :rofl:
old lotus vs modern lotus which one is safer?

year 1959 vs 2009??

yeah, yeah..also take a look at the video on old volvo vs small european car (cant remember it peugeot i think)...same story...bigger heavier car are worse...

:banghead:
its clearly stated that i mention 'modern cars' are heavier due to safety regulation...cant read ah, 'modern/new/latest'...i never mention heavier car are safer...

so called automotive enthusiast...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
thanks for the explanation...
what i mean is same model or series...not different model or manufacturer...
YOU DON'T SAY

old BMW 320i? 1370kg..current 1495kg..
old Mercedes B 200 1345kg...current 1359..
check out golf, focus, accord, scooby, evo, elise and so on...too much to list...

the tax does exists..do you need to shout on the same stories for each and every car launch in Malaysia?...go on then..

year 1959 vs 2009??

yeah, yeah..also take a look at the video on old volvo vs small european car (cant remember it peugeot i think)...same story...bigger heavier car are worse...

:banghead:
its clearly stated that i mention 'modern cars' are heavier due to safety regulation...cant read ah, 'modern/new/latest'...i never mention heavier car are safer...

so called automotive enthusiast...
Modern cars are heavier NOT because of safety regulation. They are heavy because they are heavy, period. Leather seats, better cushioning, more deadening, and the list goes on.

Quit changing the "facts" of your statement. :thefinger:

But NEVERMIND, since I am out to prove you wrong

You say SAME MANUFACTURER - CHECK
MODERN CAR - CHECK

Peugeot 207 vs Peugeot 208, same manufacturer, 208 is the replacement of 207.
the 207 weights 1163kg AS TESTED by EURO NCAP
the 208 weights 1088kg AS TESTED by EURO NCAP

BOTH cars have front, side and head airbags
Peugeot 207 | Euro NCAP - For safer cars crash test safety rating
Peugeot 208 | Euro NCAP - For safer cars crash test safety rating

The 208 adult occupancy scores APPEAR lower, but that's because tested methodology included whiplash testing

ANCAP extrapolate the results from EURO NCAP and did their own testing, using same methodology on both 207 and 208, and 208 scores higher despite being lighter
Peugeot safety | 207 crash test - ANCAP
Peugeot safety | 208 crash test - ANCAP

You stated

it is well known fact that modern car (FROM SAME MANUFACTURER) are heavier due to safety regulation...
BOOM! Your "FACTS" are wrong again, please, stop stating FACTS without FACTS. Just say its your religion and we should believe it, that's better.

I heard of this religion before, its called BULLSHIT.

I can't wait for you to change your statement of FACT again.

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Reading what you said already sounds stupid enough for me...want more boot space get a lorry?
Some newbie comments from someone with the position as COO? Why not you tell the people,
want better cars with quality and reliability get a Toyota then? Dare not say it? :stupid:

Same thing as asking people to choose other cars instead of the Supreme Ass.

I can't tell. You tell me. :dontknow:
Your terms of safer is in what terms? :hmmmm2:

New Exige S is lighter than the Evora and yet using Evora's engine in a lighter body.
So I don't see a point on how you actually back up your facts that heavier car is safer...

Lotus cars are meant to be light. Only question like such is, Old Lotus Faster or Modern Lotus Faster? :biggrin:

I guess lorry is the safest then....:hmmmm:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Woi.

Stop the comparisons and arguments and focus on the topic.

Preve hatchback aka Suprima.

I don't care for the comments from the COO, I know looks is highly subjective and I know I personally like this car except the bootspace. It maybe 420+ L but the rear wheel arches gets in the way and really makes the boot unusable. Kinda like the Wira Aeroback boot. It's big but not really kinda thing. Preve boot is way better. I like the driving feel of the Suprima too.

And I think the name is rubbish. If I ever get the car I'd debadge it, and find one that says "Preve Hatchback - Turbo". Probably change to a lightweight 17" (stock is 17") and get it in pearl white.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Woi.

Stop the comparisons and arguments and focus on the topic.

Preve hatchback aka Suprima.

I don't care for the comments from the COO, I know looks is highly subjective and I know I personally like this car except the bootspace. It maybe 420+ L but the rear wheel arches gets in the way and really makes the boot unusable. Kinda like the Wira Aeroback boot. It's big but not really kinda thing. Preve boot is way better. I like the driving feel of the Suprima too.

And I think the name is rubbish. If I ever get the car I'd debadge it, and find one that says "Preve Hatchback - Turbo". Probably change to a lightweight 17" (stock is 17") and get it in pearl white.
Preve Hatchback Turbo sounds really good. I thought they will sue this. So much disappoint.
They said they change to Turbo instead of CFE because not many people knows it. LOL

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys!

if a rim is lighter by 5kgs each,will it make a big difference in acceleration? (about 20kgs overall)
does it give better pick-up like compared to changing air filter/exhaust/spark plug etc?
or d difference more khau?hehe

tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience