Plz Help! My Satria 1.5i Fuel Cons. Increased Dramatically

ngachem

May 27, 2005
Sg Buloh
Hello bros, I need help from those knowledgeables
My standard '96 Satria 1.5i UK spec fuel consumption has increased since the last two weeks. It used to run 450 - 470 km per tank and suddenly, it become 240 - 250km per tank. I noticed that nowadays, the smoke is much darker than before and it smells of unburnt fuel.
Could it be that the fuel feeding system needs a tuning or that's due to other reason.
Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Best regards,
Ngachem:retarded:

demon2004

Jul 1, 2004
Go mechanic and check.

Since you said there is smell of unburn fuel coming out from your exhaust, there is all the wasted fuel go.

How old is your car? If 95 spec almost more than 10 years. When you last time overhaul the engine?
What is the mileage?
Engine oil consumption? Do you need to top there and then?
When you change your spark plug?
Is the car jerky or feel like misfiring?
Running on stock exhaust? Any leak?
When the last time you sent the car for service?

ngachem

May 27, 2005
Sg Buloh
Hi demon2004,
That's very nice of you to reply.
My car is a '96 1.5 injection, a UK spec. I bought the car last year, so I dont really know about the history. When I buy the car, the salesman told me that the timing belt was changed 30k km before, therefore I got approximately 50k km before the next change.
During my ownership, I send the car for servicing at every interval of 5,000km and it has been done twice till now and that's including a gearbox oil and spark plug change immediately when I got it.
The car has been cosmetically changed to SGti that's including the dashboard. I notice that some of the wiring has been altered, maybe to accomodate the new dashboard feature. So, I cannot conclude about the real mileage of the car as mileage shown is not from the original. And about engine oil, I can say that after 3,500km after change, I need to top up about 1/2 litre more. Maybe, the tolerance of the piston/ring getting bigger I reckon. The car is not jerky, running is smooth and type of exhaust is SGti standard without any leak.
Another thing I am worried is that, I guess there might be a wiring problem because till now, I have to change the headlight relay for twice and I think, its not common. The bulb used is standard, 60 or 80 watt if I am not mistaken.
Thanks demon2004, I appreciate your help and look forward to know more.
Ngachem

demon2004

Jul 1, 2004
I think your car is loosing its compression since the pressure inside the engine when the piston compress leaks out. That's why you can smell the petrol.

Since you need to top up 1/2 litre for almost every 3500km, it is clear sign your engine compression has drop. Your engine oil is getting burned. The only advice i can give you is to go to mechanic to check it out. There might be more than just one problem. Worst come to worst go and overhaul your engine.

Standard bulb usually use 55w of power. Normally if wiring shorted out, is mainly due to "short" somewhere. Like my cousin old wira last time. The headlight bulb always blown due to wiring shorted somewhere underneath his car. Sometime the problem is very simple to fix but the only problem dunno where is the simple problem is.

Or you short of $$$ can try those engine oil additive. Dunno whether it will work lah. X1r ke, tufoil ke. Maybe can temporary solve your problem.

ngachem

May 27, 2005
Sg Buloh
Demon2004,
Thank you for your advice. I will drive the car to the mechanic and ask for an inspection. Lucky that I've got another car for spare.
Cheers mate!
Ngachem :regular_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo there

im using wira 4g15 manual trans with weber dcnf 40 carb + knn air filter, powerzone cam, and powerzone 421 extractor

i need advise for the right/optimum piping size
rite now im using 2' piping, original route + 2' straight flow muffler
very hard to achieve top speed
rpm at about 5k something goes wrong
the car wont increase speed
feel like choked
have to release pedal little bit then press again then ok sikit
but then
its sucks

any opinion to increase the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience