Please help, sound system problem.....

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ryukeong

Known Member
May 20, 2005
KL
Hi there everyone, i m facing a huge problem with my sound system.

Here is how sound system runs, Pioneer mp3 player, to a 4 Channel Amp, From Amp 2 Channel for front 2way speaker - bridge the 3 & 4 channel to a sub-woofer. Rear Speaker direct from player.

Actually there was no problem at all for the first year, but after i change the amp a few times, now got problem even if i use back the same amp that i had use before to test.

Here is the problem, there was noise from the speaker when i start my enjin, if off then no noise. And i cant connect the front speaker to the amp at all, only woofer can, coz if i set the amp to LPF then ok, but HPF then there was huge noise like the speaker broken, i even tested with a denoiser but it doesnt help at all.

Now for temp, i had to connect the front and rear speaker to the player, only sub-woofer to the amp. Although its still can be use, but when i start my enjine there was also noise while i was driving, i had to open the vol higher to cover up that annoying noise.

Please help everyone, i very headache and feedup with that noise.............:emoticon_U:

ryukeong

Known Member
May 20, 2005
KL
Yeah, i just check all the wiring, seem not that problem, could the HU (Player) that coz the noise?

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
maybe 2 of the 4ch rosak oledi, did u try the front speaker from ch 3&4 instead?

arizalazira

Oct 17, 2006
my friend's car last time oso like this. so asked around, they said most propably the grounding system not good. either the HU or AMP or the car itself.

u said u tried denoiser. what is this 'denoiser'? is it noise suppressor or actually is a isolator transformer? i did intsall this at my friend's car and manage to solve this problem by installing this device.

the rca cable from the HU connect to this isolator transformer then goes to the amp. it will isolate the noise coming from the HU and the amp. however, need to find a match isolator transformer.

FYI, his HU is P3750 and AMP is cap ayam brand (2-C, price RM180)

ryukeong

Known Member
May 20, 2005
KL
Thanx for all the info. Will try check again due to all advice from everyone, will update the result later.

TQ

ryukeong

Known Member
May 20, 2005
KL
Hi there,

I've tested all 4 channel, even replace the rca cables but same result.

Arizalazira, what is the Isolator transformer u r mentioning, can explain more.

I've thinking is there any device that can support power to the sound system, without interrupting the car battery? But dont tell me to get another battery coz it wont last long like that right. Coz if i dont start the car enjine everything is fine.

Or is there anything else i can check?

TQ

Seabiscuit

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sometime JB
Visit site
Haha... Same to my Boston amp I installed yesterday. We used to call that noise as aeroplane noise. Try check you RCA cable that connect to the amp is it too close to the power cable.

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
the amp grounding and grounding point checked yet..?

also check speaker wires to the fronts

arizalazira

Oct 17, 2006
ryukeong and seabiscuit,

from what i gathered from the experts here and in other forums, they said there are few reason why these humming sound or aka aeroplane noise happened

first, grounding:
not good enough. cable should be as short as possible. make sure the connection to the body is metal to metal etc.
second, alternator:
this i am not sure. maybe doing the 3 big cables or i cant remember the term.
3rd, installation:
some said running RCA and power cable for amp side by side will effect the signal. however, not significant for small amp.
4th, RCA cable:
low quality RCA cables. there are alot of good RCA cables out there. those claim clean signal delivery or again i am not sure the exact term they called it. some sort of zero noise etc.
5th, Amplifier:
the amp itself. low quality, produce noise not clean signal etc. again, i m not sure.
6th, HU:
find a good HU.
7th, cant think anymore rite now.. heheheh

google around for audio isolator transformer or noise suppressor or noise reducer or similar. what i can say (understand) that this device separate the noise coming from HU to the amp, if the noise is coming from the HU la. it is a pair of coils with same number of loopings. it only transfer the voltage and not noise

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
ryukeong said:
Hi there,

I've tested all 4 channel, even replace the rca cables but same result.

Arizalazira, what is the Isolator transformer u r mentioning, can explain more.

I've thinking is there any device that can support power to the sound system, without interrupting the car battery? But dont tell me to get another battery coz it wont last long like that right. Coz if i dont start the car enjine everything is fine.

Or is there anything else i can check?

TQ
ckeck your ground cable laaaaaaa.. coz U always install & uninstall can coz your ground cable solder to car body lose maaaa.. try U pull over the ground cable & not just look on the cable......

ryukeong

Known Member
May 20, 2005
KL
Hi there,

Hey Seabiscuit, did you manage to settle the problem? If yes let me know whats da problem....ok

And then, let me explain in more details of my sound system, wiring and what i have checked and done and problem.....so that you'll can give me more advice, but its quite long maybe a bit boring to read, bcoz thats y i didn't wrote in so details earlier.....hope you'll dont mind ok

First of all that is the item i m using

HU - Pioneer DEH-5550 MP3 Player
Amp - 4Ch Excedio 1500w
Front Speaker - One Pair 6 1/2" Audiovox 2way Mid Speaker + One Pair 4" Formula X Mid Bass Speaker
Rear Speaker - One Pair 6 1/2" Dynaquest Mid Bass Speaker
Woofer - One 10" Dynaquest Subwoofer

Wiring connection (Previously when no problem)
Front 4" Formula X & Rear 6" Dynaquest - Direct from HU
Front Audiovox connect to Amp channel 1 & 2
Sub-Woofer connect to Amp channel 3 & 4 (Bridge)

Wiring connection (Now, after problem occur)
Front 4" Formula X & Rear 6" Dynaquest - Direct from HU
Front Audiovox connect HU
Sub-Woofer connect to Amp channel 3 & 4 (Bridge)

*There are switches at the amp that can set to (HPF / Flat / LPF) right, i cant even use the HPF & Flat coz there are huge noise after i start th engine, only can use the LPF (which is for the sub) mean i had to connect the Front Audiovox speaker direct from HU also. After i change the connection, mean only using the Amp ch3 & ch4 for the sub, it can works but got the aeroplane sound. But still cannot use the HPF & Flat coz it will have the huge noise.

My power cable runs separately from the RCA cable, means the 4 RCA cables is from other side & Power cables and speaker cables is at another side. My amp power cable & gound cable connect direct to the battery.

This is what i've done;

I did rewiring new power cables to the amp (Positive, Ground & Remote) i even tried to connect the ground cable to the car steel side. And also i had also replace the RCA cables.

This type of wiring connection i had used for a year with no problem at all, but suddenly..............that problem came out.

So....after reading my explanation, anything else that i still can do..............this problem very very hard to solve............ai.......so sad.........please help

And sorry again if my explanation is too long and boring............

ISWARA GT-R

Known Member
Jan 13, 2004
8th Miles 53100
Since you're using DEH 5550 MP
Try to make an extra grounding at preout section of the HU
I suspected that the preout grounding kaput already at the HU
Sometimes can be rectified by using extra grounding to the HU preout

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
looks more like amp side got rosak also la, tried switching a friend's amp thats 100% working order?

ryukeong

Known Member
May 20, 2005
KL
Hi there,

Hey oldskolboyz dont have an oscilloscopes but can test with the test meter?

And ISWARA GT-R, what you mean do extra grounding for the HU? How to do, can explain a bit more?

TQ

arizalazira

Oct 17, 2006
ya lor, extra grounding at preout?
referring to the preouts that connect to amp or the bunch of small cables ?

ISWARA GT-R

Known Member
Jan 13, 2004
8th Miles 53100
Aiyaaa
Me also dunno how to explain
But it did happen to my 5550 previously
Due to the preout at the back of the HU can patah easily (eventhough visually ok)
Probably can check that first

Hope this helps

ryukeong

Known Member
May 20, 2005
KL
Hey ISWARA GT-R, does u mean the preout socket that is on the HU?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys...

i'm gonna upgrade my brake hose to steel braided one....mine already 13 years old...;)...

so...which one is worth buying...Goodrich or Pro RS....

in term of price and performance...as i know,Pro RS warranty 2 years but Goodrich i fon't know...

where to get good price and installation how much?? for B16a..

any experience to share??

TQVM
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience