Please Help Out, problem on Rear Wheel

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

lwc1983

Im driving AE110 97" Manual. Having 205/45/zr16 hankook V8, GAB SA absorber + stock spring, the rest is stock condition.

When driving low speed on bumpy road, nothing problem at all.

The problem is, when driving on highway bumpy surface (example: joining part of the road on fly over), Left Rear Wheel will come out a sound like kena fender (crak), but right rear wheel dun have at all. This situation only applied to speed over 100km/h.

I have visit workshop before, the absorber should in good condition, bushing all looks good by eyes. This does make sense, cuz when speed below 100km/h, there's no crak sound.
The workshop guy told me, if i really want to solve the problem, they need to take of and check part by part.

Someone please help out. Whats happen to this ? Anyone have this problem before ?

IWC1983,

I had the similar situation occur also, I suggest you have a check on ur rear absorber top mount. There are chances it is worn out. Also check on ur absorber's top part. Sometimes these parts worn out. I ve sort out mine....sound has improve. Now i m checking rear speaker panel.

Hope you find this helpful

Im driving AE110 97" Manual. Having 205/45/zr16 hankook V8, GAB SA absorber + stock spring, the rest is stock condition.

When driving low speed on bumpy road, nothing problem at all.

The problem is, when driving on highway bumpy surface (example: joining part of the road on fly over), Left Rear Wheel will come out a sound like kena fender (crak), but right rear wheel dun have at all. This situation only applied to speed over 100km/h.

I have visit workshop before, the absorber should in good condition, bushing all looks good by eyes. This does make sense, cuz when speed below 100km/h, there's no crak sound.
The workshop guy told me, if i really want to solve the problem, they need to take of and check part by part.

Someone please help out. Whats happen to this ? Anyone have this problem before ?

Hey bro, does it look like the left tyre sticking out more than the right tyre? If yes, you might want to check the arm bushes. If no, check the absorber and absorber mounting like what Felix has just said.. good luck bro!

Last time my car rear wheel also got very irritating sound, when checked the brake hose is loose because the clip is missing

16s? above 100kmh? sounds familiar...what's ur offset? I've experienced problems with my tire hitting the wheel arch coz of wrong rim offset. I gatal wanna try using my 16 inch rims before i sold it...hehe but later took out la coz makan tire side wall..

u really wanna know if it is or isn't? look at ur tire side wall and see if got scratches..or what i did was buy cheap buncho water colour paint and paint the side wall..go test and see where the paint on the rear arch kena...then send to kedai ketuk to kawtim lo..

hope this helps..

lwc1983, wats ur rim's offset? it should be rim offset problem... knock ur fender or change ur rim will do....

I felt my stock spring isnt tough enough for me, lol.
I'll leave this problem for a side, will sort it out when i convert to 4AGE.

Thx alot for the tips, :)

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

I felt my stock spring isnt tough enough for me, lol.
I'll leave this problem for a side, will sort it out when i convert to 4AGE.

Thx alot for the tips, :)

Suggested post every 5mins

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom