Race of Champions: Schumacher Spins Out, Kovolainen Crashes

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

Heard of the Race of Champions? It’s a ‘super driver’ race, here’s how it basically works: take the best drivers in the world and have them go all out against each other on equal grounds. Drivers from Formula 1,
DTM,WRC and more go head to head in the same cars and on the same track. Sounds like a drama filled event, and this year’s event definitely was.

Seven times world F1 champion failed to live up to his normal self when he spun out during battle with ROC champion, Mattias Ekstrom during the final heat. The duel had come down to the last heat as both Motorsports heavy-weights claimed one win each in the best-of-three final. Thousand of fans held their breath as Ekstrom built up a small lead over the super-German but it was not to be for Michael, as he spun his car in the dash for the chequered flag.

Schumacher later commented, “It has been truly quite a thrill! I’ve been here twice, and twice it has been a big pleasure. I wasn’t so good in the Solution F; there is something with me where I need to see my wheels! I’m no good if I don’t see them, I have been very bad in saloon cars in the past.

“We came here to enjoy ourselves, to be here for a good reason: for the ICM charity and finally to race. We do this as good as we can and sometimes one is better than the others. We can all live with this because it’s not a championship so there’s no pressure.

“This is my first time racing after my retirement. In previous years if you race F1 you have a lot of pressure. You are determined and focused and at one stage, at this time of year, I just liked to switch off. In 2004 I could do it but normally after a season I’m just empty by the end of the year. Now it’s different so I’m open for fun events such as this. I hope I get an invitation next year!”

Reigning world touring car champion, and British hero Andy Priaulx was cheered on by the local fans all the way to the semi-finals while the other British hero; Jenson Button, lost out to a certain Schumacher that kept the Honda F1 driver at bay with his driving wizardry.

Newly signed Mclaren driver Heikki Kovolainen had a message to deliver to Sebastian Vettel after Vettel’s victory over the Finn in The ROC Nations Cup finals and he did so in spectacular fashion, beating the German F1 driver to even the score. However, the Finns victory was short lived as the Mclaren driver lost control of his car on the start/Finish line during the next round against Priaulx. He crashed his Aston Martin into the middle barriers.

Image Credits: Race Of Champions

AnuBeast

Dec 18, 2007
a really interesting event to watch.. why is it not on astro?

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
schumi stalled the car and got lapped in one of the races shown in eurosport ! now thats what i call racing.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone, is there any way to improve a car's safety feature? My car is a Perodua Viva 850cc and it has no airbags and ABS unlike the premium 1000cc version. Is it possible to install airbags to a non-airbag car?

Any other add-ons that can improve my car's safety feature besides the ones stated above? Do let me know please,thank you.

Ps,and no irrelevant answers like telling me to change to a new car, please.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience