Please Comment on Altezza Stock Suspension

ryonan

Known Member
Aug 13, 2004
sorry if this had been discussed oredi..
can we live on the stock suspension alone?

tired of fiddling wif the suspension of my current ride..
if i do get the altezza, can i NOT do anything to the suspension to have decent handling?
how's the body roll and stability @ high speed cruising?
in my experience, changing springs and shocks leads to more problems..
and at the end of the day, comfort always must be sacrifice..:Not_Impressed:

getting old ler...want comfortable car..without having to senget my car everytime going over a bump or having the apprehension of breaking the front lip when coming out of one utama carpark...:Not_Impressed:

somebody mentioned that car wif the stock set up will kena bump if have 4 ppl in car...is it true?
that wud be very strange coz OEM is designed for normal everyday driving..

techdroid

Known Member
Sep 4, 2004
well for me, the handling with stock is not that good la. i have the older version altezza, the newer one has better handling. during high speed cruising its fine. but in high speed you cannot layan the corners too much lah.

with stock and 4 or 5ppl in the car, you will have to senget your car everytime you go over a bumper. for sure will kena bump bro. sometimes with only two people if i go fast on a bump still hit also.

but in your case your ok with decent handling so your fine there. but the bump thing you have to compromise. nowadays malaysia also all the bumps are damn high. nothing you can do bout that bro.

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
i heard the ori 2000 and below version suck ...

im currently use trd sportivo, very comfortable but not stiff enuf for high speed chase ...

i have eibach full racing adjustable set to let go at dirt cheap ... interested, lemme know ... the set is at TRIAL now ... hehehe

sorry, tompang ur thread:embaressed_smile:

ryonan

Known Member
Aug 13, 2004
JaHaX said:
i heard the ori 2000 and below version suck ...

im currently use trd sportivo, very comfortable but not stiff enuf for high speed chase ...

i have eibach full racing adjustable set to let go at dirt cheap ... interested, lemme know ... the set is at TRIAL now ... hehehe

sorry, tompang ur thread:embaressed_smile:

2000 suck ker?
was just thinking of viewing one. but one of them has full TRD shocks..

jahax,
i think comfort is very subjective..
for honda fans, koni + eibach is widely known to be very "comfortable"..

i have it on my ride...and i dont think its comfortable. even when set at softest setting..

i have a feeling that the TRD sportivo is the same like this combo..
but altezza's better chassis design & rigidity may separate the two in terms of handling..

rinagi

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
K.L
i have a set of tiens to let go.. few hundreds only. call up 012 2043330 to get more info on item mentioned

martinchan

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Ipoh
i want tien....................i offer $100 to buy your tien. PM me ok?

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
ryonan, have u tried out the car with the trd shocks?

i also have the trd sportivo shocks n springs. blue n white in color. no they r not hard n yes they are comfortable. just nice for long distance n highway travel. good handling for a more sporty drive in them.

however, u looking at winding roads n enthusiatic driving then i think u will need a firmer setup.

there is also another trd shocks which are yellow in color, i think these r the harder ones. but u must go try lah.

stock suspension on 2000 n below definately no good...very crappy. like said b4, will hit the bumps if u have more ppl in the car. year 2001 n above maybe better. but still not as good as trd spotivo.

theres another good comfortable brand. tein has this new "comfort sport" damper for the altezza. black n gold trims. this is modelled after the european brand type of suspension. eg bmw, mercs

now if the europeans are not comfy yet sporty then i dunno man.

downside is, they are expensive, rm 5k for shocks n springs. n an extra rm1500? for the EDFC elec. controller. better to get the EDFC as well, for easier damper settings control within ur car cabin at any time.

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
oh another thing, even tho u have a "good " set of shocks. u will still have body roll.

its just whether u are happy with it or not. best is to try out the car see if u like it. everyone has different opinions n so.

good thing is, if u not happy with body roll even after getting the new shocks, the trd anti roll bars ARE quite affordable. rm 1k for front n rm800 for back. not bad u know.

cheers

hansc

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL/WP
Visit site
anyone tried customised set b4? titan?

EventH

Oct 13, 2005
green said:
good thing is, if u not happy with body roll even after getting the new shocks, the trd anti roll bars ARE quite affordable. rm 1k for front n rm800 for back. not bad u know.
cheers
The Cusco set for front and rear is also pretty good ... cheaper than the TRD.

ryonan

Known Member
Aug 13, 2004
thank u all for replying..
especially to bro G R E E N for his insight..

since we are comparing the pre 2000 and post 2000 models, anyone know what else is different? besides the suspension lah..
if only the springs and absorbers are different, then not so much prob lah..
coz can just buy off the shelf..
maybe other things oso they change design..lower arm?, ARB diameter (if they have it stock lah) etc etc
if so, then difficult/leceh to change laa

i know the CD player sangkut-sangkut for the newer 2000 ones have been rectified...
so should not be a prob for 2001 ones

rinagi

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
K.L
ryonan, u r comparing too detail into the car b4 buying a car. SALUTE u man !!!
neway, still looking forward u as a part of us.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

all bro and shifu....can tell me if i install fuel regulator to my car will get what function??my car is proton wira 4g13p.And when i install,how to setting that vaccum adjustable?..and how many kpba to stay with that meter on fuel regulator for my 4g13p??thanks.... :lol:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience