Pioneer vs Kenwood vs Sony

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
hi all,
found there are a lot of models out there from these brands, price was +/- onli, so far i knew pioneer was the best between others, is it true??

can any ICE sifu here :adore: giv comparison for these brands, in terms of
- functions
- sensitivity
- display / HU face
- price n warranty
- etc.

just wanna share wit others, tq.. :proud:

bafukie

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
would go for neither of the above. Eclipse or alpine will be my choice.

dreamsquall

Known Member
Aug 9, 2007
i would say kenwood for powerful sound and produce the sound in the right pace compare to pioneer which is slower
if u wan stylish-end, choose pioneer then
sony?no idea coz i only tried pioneer and kenwood

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
acuali....i got a experience for used these 3 brand of player....
1st...sony player~ so sensitive with the CD....sumore sometime my disc sikit kotor oso lag while playing~
2nd JVC......jvc original build in amp....reali weak!! open more litle bass oni...the sound will change bad!!!(bcoz i using component without amp)
3rd....kenwood....din use b4~but hear the performance also normal oni~
4th....juz change to pioneer last week.....haha.....till now....4 of them....i most like is my current pioneer player!!!haha....sumore the BMX function of the pioneer player....suitable for the MP3 lover....the sound reali automatic convert to better quality!!!

compare the power of pioneer to JVC~pioneer reali stong....now i using my pioneer to push the sstream xsc.6 without amp.....feel sastify with the level of bass for my individual...
sumore as my own experience .....i saw many car use play the audio system....pioneer will be the best~
but alpine and epclipse....i also hope to own it~ but the price tat i budget with the level function not suitable for me~

juz my 2 cents~

bafukie

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
alpine and eclipse have their lower end model also wat... their cd2000 and cd 3000 cost around 600++ and 700++. U can find it here ;) Also haf to see ur budget ma... No budget how to tell u which one is better?

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
i used 3 units of sony xplode HU b4. sucks big time. in 2 years i change 3 . not because of upgrade is because of failure to optical lens, face buttons,ultra sensitive to disc. then i change to pioneer. honestly speaking im not satisfy with the sound. kenwood. my friend who tune my sound have this unit in his car model KDC 6533 if im not mistaken. sound heap better than mind. price is fair also .around 700bucks only.24bit dac somemore. im going to change to kenwood this end of the year if my annual bonus is low and alpine if my bonus is beefed up this year

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
i used 3 units of sony xplode HU b4. sucks big time. in 2 years i change 3 . not because of upgrade is because of failure to optical lens, face buttons,ultra sensitive to disc. then i change to pioneer. honestly speaking im not satisfy with the sound. kenwood. my friend who tune my sound have this unit in his car model KDC 6533 if im not mistaken. sound heap better than mind. price is fair also .around 700bucks only.24bit dac somemore. im going to change to kenwood this end of the year if my annual bonus is low and alpine if my bonus is beefed up this year
bro mind to tell which model of pioneer u using?

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
hmm.. based from my fren's experience, most of them using pioneer, follow by kenwood, last week just walk in acc shop, the taukeh told me sony better now, they had upgrade their lens (was very sensitive b4), donno la..

don't talk bout eclipse or alpine la, we talk bout beginner brand one.. me also planned to get eclipse soon, hehe..

JaSoN_6

Known Member
Aug 23, 2007
from my past experience, Sony HU sucks a lot n' a lot. never ever buy any Sony HU. its damn sensitive. 10 out of 10 frends of mine who r using Sony HU encounter the same probs. if ur budget for HU below 500, get a Pioneer HU. kenwood HU is slightly more expensive than Pioneer but Pioneer got the better quality is compared to Kenwood. Kenwood just sell u d brand onli. their products not as tahan as Pioneer. and if ur budget is around 600-900, get an Alphine or Eclipse HU. bet u wont regret..

bafukie

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
true wat jason said. less than 500 u go for pioneer. more than 500 u can forget those 3 brand

blitzs360

Known Member
Jan 18, 2007
hmm issit true that pioneer have better radio reception than other?

JaSoN_6

Known Member
Aug 23, 2007
i never heard of such thing b4... btw, u get a CD player 2 hear radio?? like tat i suggest u get a cassette player better.. cheaper wad.. hahaha~

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
pioneer gets my vote...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HKS Hipermax M1 suspension systems are designed for Street and Highway use combining a balance between comfort and enhanced handling capabilities. They are now available for the Nissan GT-R and the IS-F. Check out your local distributors for more information and purchasing.

YouTube - HKS TV
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience