soundstream30

Known Member
Apr 13, 2006
ANYONE ICE EXPERT PLEASE HELP ME..

Which one better i using..
My budget around RM1500

ALPINE CDA 9857
SPEC:
The all-new CDA-9857 goes beyond traditional radio, with Full Speed™ Connection for iPod®, BlueTooth, and Windows PlaysForSure compatibility. In addition, this head unit is specially designed with Full Dot-Matrix Biolite™ for a sleek, easy to read display.
iPod Full Speed Compatible (req. KCE-422i)
MP3 / WMA Playback
MP3 Text Information Display
Full Flap Face Design
Bass and Treble Centre Frequency Control
Remote Control Ready
Quick Search
iPod Full Speed Percentage Search
50W x 4 (Max), 18W x 4 (RMS) Power Amplifier
BioLite Display
3 Pre-Outs
Pop-up Rotary Knob
PRICE: RM1299

PIONEER
PEH 6850MP

Pure blue dot matrix OEL (organix EL display)
I tunes AAC Playback
Wav file playback
iPOD Adapter ready
BMX (Bitmetric equalizer)
EEQ
5 mode preset equalizer
2 mode custom preset equalizer
7 band digital digital graphics equalizer
Bass Boost
2 way crossover HPF/LPF
3 mode selected loudness
Rotary Commander
Direct Subdrive
3 RCA preout
Level indicator
Multi language display (eng/spanish/portugese)
PRICE around RM1400

KENWOOD
KDC MP85
Fully Motorized Slide-down Front Panel with TDF (Theft Deterrent Faceplate)
50W x 4 Max. Power
Advanced 3-D Multicolour FL Display (64 Colours)
Display Off mode function
Subwoofer Level & Low Pass Filter Adjustable
System Q-Ex/ System E's+
Dual Zone Source & Volume Control
Installer Memory/ Backup Memory
Dual External Media Control Capability (with Optional KCA-S210A)
FM/AM 24 Station Presets (18FM/6AM)
PRICE: NOT SURE

OR i interested also ALPINE 9853

ANYONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE..
ANY RECOMENT OTHER HU FOR ME WITH MY BUDJECT RM1500
ANY RECOMENT FOR OTHER CHEAP SHOP..

WHO EXPERT ICE PLEZZ HELP
:cry_smile: :cry_smile: :cry_smile:

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
alpine for superior SQ...

pioneer for CDr collection CDs with decent SQ...

see your disc collection bro... if 80% is ori disc then go for the alpine... if 80% cdr and those pasar malam ones then the pioneer... kenwood some say sensitive to cdr some say no... SQ never tried cuz i never use before....

hope this helps..

cheers....

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Can forget about Kenwood. Compare between 3, Pioneer and Alpine will be better. If you are going for display, get Pioneer, for the budget you have, you will get a HU with OEL. Alpine's display too dull. Already cost rm1k++, still the display black and white. Pre-out also only 2V.
In terms of function, Alpine is better than Pioneer. So, is upto you, which you like most. But if you are choosing Pioneer, better go for P7750

nicholaslkh

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
Without doubt, I will strongly recommend the Pioneer 6850 because of the functions it has. With the equalizers, crossovers, filters etc (not found in the Alpine as stated), there are more flexiblity in your system for tuning. In fact, it can also save u lots of money as u do not need to buy external EQ, Xoverlah and bla bla should u itch to upgrade or finetune your system further. I have used Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood and Sony. There is no champion in SQ according to brands. It all depends on the model and personal preference. Pioneer has received very good comments from most ICERs for their ability to read pasar malam CDs and high tolerance for roadshocks. Kenwood and Sony is so so loh, nothing extra ordinary from their models.:Not_Impressed: Alpine demonstrate outstanding SQ but only in their F1 models. Mid to mid-high models between Pioneer and Alpine almost similar. My personal opinion is that Alpine not value for money considering the budget to functions. I personally think that Alpine is sold at higher prices over Malaysia is due to their design appeal (but this is subjective) like some say Savvy looks like shit albeit the jamban cover and Myvi supercun. :confused_smile: Well, the contrary could happen also. Anyway, the best is to get an audition in your car using your personal favourite CD before installing. :shades_smile:

soundstream30

Known Member
Apr 13, 2006
tq bro craziechild (from miri), bro kyheng (from seremban). bro nicholaslkh (from k lumpur)...........

any one who have experience...??
please shere with me..
plz....

soundstream30

Known Member
Apr 13, 2006
kyheng said:
Can forget about Kenwood. Compare between 3, Pioneer and Alpine will be better. If you are going for display, get Pioneer, for the budget you have, you will get a HU with OEL. Alpine's display too dull. Already cost rm1k++, still the display black and white. Pre-out also only 2V.
In terms of function, Alpine is better than Pioneer. So, is upto you, which you like most. But if you are choosing Pioneer, better go for P7750

refer for u suggest model 7750
may i know how the market price???

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Is an old model, I just bought it 1 month ago, the price is rm1250. Compare between 7750 and 6850, I prefer 7750 over 6850, more functions and the display slightly bigger than 6850. I know that you are interested to buy 7750 where a member is selling. If what he said is true, then you can go ahead, scare got some problem behind.

soundstream30

Known Member
Apr 13, 2006
kyheng said:
Is an old model, I just bought it 1 month ago, the price is rm1250. Compare between 7750 and 6850, I prefer 7750 over 6850, more functions and the display slightly bigger than 6850. I know that you are interested to buy 7750 where a member is selling. If what he said is true, then you can go ahead, scare got some problem behind.
wah bro..
u very inteligent same like magician lor..
hehehe
:_: :_: :_:

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Nolah, sometimes just looking around and see, aik, people want to sell Pioneer, so just go in and look look see see and your name is there. Just want to know the reason behind they sell it. As I'm a pioneer kaki.

Last edited:

hey_guy

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
Alpine i not sure cuz never use b4 but rest assured quality wont lose to Kenwood or Pioneer. I'm quite pissed with Kenwood (cant remember wat model i using). In less than 1 year this thing give me problem. It can play pirated/cd-r better than ori cd. Most of my ori cd cannot be detected!!! WFT~
My next upgrade is Pioneer 6850. Priced from RM1000 to RM1200. But most likely i might be buying it from Singapore because my friend in Singapore said there selling S$380!!! hehe... Next pay day i will go get it :p

soundstream30

Known Member
Apr 13, 2006
kyheng said:
Nolah, sometimes just looking around and see, aik, people want to sell Pioneer, so just go in and look look see see and your name is there. Just want to know the reason behind they sell it. As I'm a pioneer kaki.

oic..
bro, can u give me more reason why pioneer best for u
bcoz b4 this i use kenwood..i think kenwood okey what..
nice graphic, anti thief with passwood,etc..
how about sound quality..??

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
In terms of quality, both of them are more or less the same. I used Kenwood before also, now is in my friend's car and still doing fine job. I like Pioneer is because it come out HU(5750) with 3 pre-outs with cheap price at rm750 where Kenwood don't have yet at that time. Second is the display, Pioneer is better, more warm and not too bright, can adjust brightness also.

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
i am using 5750 also... SQ wise not big gap compared to my friends alpine 9853... some even say they both are the same par...

mayb top up your budget a bit... you can try to look for 8650... 8650 mayb hard to find now as it is a old model but this is a good HU from pioneer...

cheers...

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
I think not that worth to buy an old model that cost rm2k I assume, correct me if wrong. the pre-out is 6.5V.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
I survey once only at my place in Seremban, seems like that's the one and only. go in to the shop and left the shop in less than 30 seconds. Don't dare to see the model no also, see the price all above rm1.5k.. And the faceplate not my taste.

hey_guy

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
soundstream30 said:
bro..how about eclips brand???
now more shop acc sell this brand..
i heard that in my friend's car b4... nice! cant remember which model but its a last year model... mid-end type with 4v preout

soundstream30

Known Member
Apr 13, 2006
hehehe

ok bro, i have friends he is owner shop acc in pandan indah
i think he is expert..
he say the best sound quality for HU unit is CLARION!!!

r u agree..???

nicholaslkh

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
My advise is never judge a HU SQ merely based on your friends car. He might have very good speakers, amplifiers, cables etc. My opinion is that most HUs in the same range(but price could be different) produce almost same SQ but you should compare the capability of the HU. For example preout voltage, no. of preouts, EQs, flexiblity of Xovers, time alignment, BBE (available in most high end models) etc. I am using the Pioneer 8650 and it's simply awesome and with 6.5V preout (cleaner music signal), OEL display and 3way network capability. This is one value for money HU by looking at functions. Look for one HU that has higher preout voltage so your music is cleaner. Eclipse offers a model with 8V preout but forgotten the model number but it could be out of your budget of RM1500.Besides, most Elipse model do not have a removeable faceplate as theft deterrent. Trust me, Pioneer offers more than Alpine within the same price range. With the RM1500, most you can get for Alpine is model 9853. With that money, you may be able to get a Pioneer 8650 (but have to scout around) and Pioneer 7750 is not bad too. Think of your aspiring ICE system u want to have. Otherwise, u may find it unable to fulfill your needs and then waste money to upgrade again.Look from the Pioneer's website (Singapore/Australia) or Alpine to get an idea what the models have to offer.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Some how agree, but is not that popular in malaysia. I have used it before, for 2 days, the sound is not bad, the down part is tape(come from car).

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi again peeps..

I want to repaint my car to battleship grey metallic. Anyone can share color code or reference to any paint shop that will know such color? or if anyone knows any vinyl wrap shop that carry this color?

appreciate it very much. Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience