Pillow Ball Mount

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
how come can cause chassis crack??...
I guess it's because the pillow ball is made out of aluminum and does not absorb any vertical load hence transferring the load directly to the strut tower and dissipates to the rest of the chassis. And McPherson strut actually twist when you turn the car, so using a pillow ball will also wears the strut faster. Just what i think.

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
I guess it's because the pillow ball is made out of aluminum and does not absorb any vertical load hence transferring the load directly to the strut tower and dissipates to the rest of the chassis. And McPherson strut actually twist when you turn the car, so using a pillow ball will also wears the strut faster. Just what i think.
so your stock or non absorber made of what? rubber?plastic?steel can absorb impact?
ive been using pillow ball for my car for bout 11 years oredy, no crack on my car and im happy using it.ive been using gab,tien and now hks absorber, no complain so far, even my fren sos using pillow ball, all happy and not complaining.
pls note that ppl will not simply hantam pothole as they all sayang their absorber, it is not cheap even you buy 2nd hand.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
wow...u using pillow ball since '97 ar bro raja?u can live with it ar?aisey man....hehehe:rofl:
me,i can't stand the vibration.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
oooo.... although i dun understand....

dongdong0507

Jul 15, 2007
so your stock or non absorber made of what? rubber?plastic?steel can absorb impact?
ive been using pillow ball for my car for bout 11 years oredy, no crack on my car and im happy using it.ive been using gab,tien and now hks absorber, no complain so far, even my fren sos using pillow ball, all happy and not complaining.
pls note that ppl will not simply hantam pothole as they all sayang their absorber, it is not cheap even you buy 2nd hand.
then your car must have strong chassis. what car is it? original mounting is made of rubber btw.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
raja drive a satria with evo engine if i'm not mistaken.this is also depends on the driver
n the road that they usually travel in.if ur lucky,the road to ur work place is smooth.
if not,u'll punishing ur chassis everyday by traveling on a uneven surface or even a pot hole.
is like hammering ur chassis everyday.hehehe....

dongdong0507

Jul 15, 2007
yup agree, i think spot welding will strengthen the chassis, then not so easily get cracked.

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
I guess the main culprit of weak chassis is the material grade used in protons & of course, years of reduction and oxidation effect.

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
then your car must have strong chassis. what car is it? original mounting is made of rubber btw.
we are not talking bout mounting, we are talking absorber.btw my car is satria with 1.6 chassis.

GT auto..yup, maybe im used to it oredy.ehehehe!! but talking bout comfort driving, of coz stock oem absorber are way too comfort, but i got another car that is super stock standard for me to travel in kl on weekened.

ronniehor

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2008
mayb just bcoz of damn road condition of malaysia road...
i agree,election until now no road mantenence just repair lubang-lubang only.:banghead:

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
we are talking about pillow ball, which means mounting. you ask me ori mounting made of what, my answer is rubber.
ok dookie my mistake.

Gt auto:yup, ure rite mister,im driving satria with evo engine.im travelling from shah alam,cyberjaya,putrajaya and melaka .poth hole can be avoid ma, just drive slowly, i admit that if bumpy road stock std car will go faster than me.
maybe im used oredy to this hassle using pillow ball, but at corner! nyum2!

Jeffrul

Nov 5, 2006
Hi guys,

Pardon me for asking few Q's regarding pillowmount.

1) What is the correct manner to adjust the degree of the camber (i think) of the wheels?like the BTCC cars the wheels looks like partly shoved inside the fender one.

2) Do this practise have bad impact to the bolts and joints or whatever driveshaft or the satey of the car?

I'm planning for a short stint circuit run about half a day actually..

Appreciate all answers from you guys...:wavey:

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
Hi guys,

Pardon me for asking few Q's regarding pillowmount.

1) What is the correct manner to adjust the degree of the camber (i think) of the wheels?like the BTCC cars the wheels looks like partly shoved inside the fender one.

2) Do this practise have bad impact to the bolts and joints or whatever driveshaft or the satey of the car?

I'm planning for a short stint circuit run about half a day actually..

Appreciate all answers from you guys...:wavey:
adjusting camber depends on how u drive n how ur car behave on the turn.u don't just
blindly adjust it.first u have to drive around the track to get the feel of the corner n then
adjust it accordingly.the cons of adjusting ur camber to much might impact ur tyre wear.
ur tyre will wear pre maturely.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can this shine anymore?
Hello friends! :itsme:

I was back from KL, meeting KC. I had to start my first detail after the trip.

This was my baby, a 2004 Honda Civic V-tec. (Not anymore! She’s someone else’s now. But I still love her.)
Obviously, being a house member, she expected more attention from me. So, I couldn't choose any other ride. I remember KC saying take care of the family first!

(I’ve lost a lot of pictures of her due to a data transfer gone wrong. What’s remaining...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience