Photoshop Edit

SiGNAL

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Ya Mum's House
Visit site
Any sifus know how to shrink the size of the image without sacrificing the resolution? Like ZTH now limit to 60KB, always need to resize till 50% or more of the original pic then can get below 60KB. Any ways to decrease the quality of the image with same resolution so can get 60KB?

I'm using ACDSee 6.0 Anyone?? Thanx!!

:D

reincarnation

Known Member
May 27, 2004
Visit site
is my signature acceptable in terms of quality to u..? ..if yes..then i will let u know what i did..

lumghini

Known Member
Dec 13, 2003
JB
members.cardomain.com
Originally posted by reincarnation@Nov 8 2004, 21:36
is my signature acceptable in terms of quality to u..? ..if yes..then i will let u know what i did..
hey...nice signature....
think u did that on ur own rite...can teach me how??

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by reincarnation@Nov 8 2004, 21:36
yer so kedekut ilmu 1.. ehhehehe :lol:

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
there are basically 3 ways to reduce filesize;

1. photo quality
2. photo size
3. photo color depth

explaination;

1. this one depends on the compression format you're using. old skool formats like .bmp .png .tif etc. etc. all have a certain compression ratio. 1:10 for example. normally you cannot choose the compression ratio, however if you use .jpg or .jpeg you can choose the compression ratio anywhere from 1:100 when you save the file ;)

2. below are some example of standard sizes people usually save pictures as,
standard VGA is 320x240, same size as pictures from camera phones
SVGA is 640x480, minimum resolution for windows 95/98 full screen
XGA is 800x600, minimum resolution for windows xp full screen

normally use either VGA or SVGA resolution/size. BTW VGA/SVGA/XGA all are in landscape perpective if you picture is in portrait perpective flip the image 90 degrees then resize then flip it again, if not it would look weird :lol:

3. how many colors are on the image. btw the maximum is 16.7 millions of colors, coz the human eye can only see that much so anything extra is a waste of processing power and space. normally you can choose from;

a. monocrome, black & white, or 2 colors (1-bit)
b. 16 colors (4-bit)
c. 256 colors (8-bit)
d. 65536 colors (16-bit)
e. 16.7m (24-bit)
f. 16.7m colors (32-bit)

so why there is 24-bit and 32-bit color since its still 16.7m colors and the extra's are wasted?

"32-bit color" is for all practical perposes just 24-bit color that is aligned so that the color information for each pixel in the bitmap starts every four bytes vs. every three bytes.

The only reason this is done is that on the Intel 32-bit PCI/AGP/Memory data bus its more efficient to get at data that is "32-bit aligned". [with 24-bit data you often actually have to read the pixel's data twice--and then mask for the bits you are interested in]

The "fourth byte" is generally wasted.

so generally 32-bit is more efficient on computers ;)

so what the fuck all this means?

1. using JPEG/JPG compression should be about 75% for best compromise between compression and photo quality.

2. stick to VGA/SVGA resolution. you can also try reducing 25% from the picture if it is saved in an unusual size eg. wide frame class photo.

3. don't go down below 16-bit color for photographs. depending on the photograph. if it is a high quality professional SLR type photo going to 16-bit will spoil the image already making it look jaggy and non-uniform. for most digital camera/phone camera pictures going down to 8-bit color is still okay.

very useful ;)
test color depth

just additional info
web color pallette

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
i'll suggest a simple step here

just opne yuor picture file with microsoft paint,click on sketch and skew...type in the percent you want to shirnk...let say 50% hrinzontal and 50% vertical..

if the picture is not small enought, undo teh whole process(do not continue shrink-ing it),that will reuce the mage quality,

undo the whole process to its original size and shrink it again with teh satisfied percent

my signiture is shrink to 2-30 percent,no quality lost, ori sizee is 1024 x ***

SiGNAL

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Ya Mum's House
Visit site
I used ACDSee to shrink the size. THe problem is sometimes it's not consistent. Like some pics need to shrink 60%, while others need to shrink 50%. If i wanted to post alot pics, need to shrink to less than 60kb for each pics, which is really a pain in the arse. That's why I posted this topic.

Thanx Seraph and alantan for both of ur replies.

Seraph,

The picture is in JPG, JPEG format already. How do I set the colour texture from ACDSee software? if you not using, then it's ok. :P

:)

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
ACDSee software its a very baisc software..
i dont; knw what is texture colour but i think they have colour setting like the very nomral ,hue,saturation, brightness,contrast ...

or is that what you eman by testure colour?
hehehehehe

SiGNAL

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Ya Mum's House
Visit site
Maybe I used the wrong word but what I meant is to lower the colour quality.. like from 16.7mil colours to 65536 colours so hopefully the file size will get lower?

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
i suggest you try this program

photo resizer

if you're doing alot of pictures, say more than 10 i suggest you try batchmagic pro image resizer. basically does the same thing but will notify you when any image from the batch is over limit, eg. u set it to notify you when its over 60kb ;)

EG8

2,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
KL
www.surfer-girl.com
Seraph
Thanks for the recommendation on the software.I have download it and thinks it is useful

JINEIL2EN
why...we are hiding from plantaMan like u ler...hahahahaha :lol: :D ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

have u ever heard of surbo?
i just want to ask someone out there about the fuel consumption after installing surbo
i install it before, and my car performance increase but the problem the fuel cosumption also increase
how about you guys?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience