Pets and Cars don't exactly get along well...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Once upon a time, on a fine night, drove back to hometown...
arrived and the night is still young...

Bla...Bla...Bla...

Cut the story short before you guys fall asleep, so as stated, since is still early, went to
a Hypermarket nearby to check out some Car Care Products, never thought of buying
anything but just have a look at what are the stuffs that I MIGHT need to use.

I received a text message through whatsapp from a friend and also a ZTH member.
Asking me what products/brand is the best to remove minor scratches???

So, I have not tried any yet before, therefore can't just recommend merely just base on
the popularity of a Brand. I remember Vr2turbo posted before on TurtleWax Scratch Remover
previously, so recommended him to try on that since someone has already tried and it works.

Either that, is just a matter of try and error. But it was a little over budget for him.

It came across my mind on that night, why not I try to get one and try it on my car that is full
of my Pets' Signatures on my Saga BLM? So, start off to get one product.

Also again a product from GetF1...seems like I might just request a Loyalty Card from them :rofl:

Here just a few photos to show the results, due to limited time available, just do a quick test
on a few parts of my car that has more visible scratches.

It does not do wonders but then the results is superb and I would say, u will be satisfied.

BEFORE

AFTER

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEFORE

AFTER

So that's about it from me. Will try to update you guys more on a few parts that is more visible.
Is gonna be kinda boring to post too many of my Scratched & Win kind of photos. So, wont be too many in this thread. :smile:

At least something not too expensive and affordable to many and most important it works.

RM8.90? Bang for Buck for sure.

Feel free to post the photos of your cars if you guys have the same problem and manage to solve it with the products you use.

Removing those Pets' Signature is one thing, but I can't be doing it all the time. However, I
discover another product which is more like a coat to minimize the scratches from our pets.

More like a protection that our car wont get scratch too easily. Will try next. Till then stay tuned.

Happy Detailing and Caring for your cars...:top: :beer:

Last edited:

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Nicey.

Not trying to discredit you or the product but just curious, would you come back after a couple of washes and tell us if the scratches re-surface or not. Eager to know as most OTC 'scratch remover' that I tried/know tends to do more 'filling' than 'removing. If this really works then WE'RE BEEN CONNED!!!!

By the way, what applicator/pad did you use and a little bit on the method please.

Cheers.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup, I'm still monitoring whether the scratch marks will resurface, method, as per the instructions behind the product.

I just use a microfibre polish cloth. Pour some on the cloth and then apply pressure on the affected spot. I did it in circular motion.
Only do it after car wash, don't want any further scratches from the dirts on the car.

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

My car doesn't have pet problem, but pest problem. Little cockroaches.
That one, you got to get other products :rofl:

Pest Remover instead

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, I'm still monitoring whether the scratch marks will resurface, method, as per the instructions behind the product.

I just use a microfibre polish cloth. Pour some on the cloth and then apply pressure on the affected spot. I did it in circular motion.
Only do it after car wash, don't want any further scratches from the dirts on the car.

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

That one, you got to get other products :rofl:

Pest Remover instead
If it is a light scratch, it should have been removed, unless it just cover the scratch only. Is the product paste a little rough to the touch?

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
Apparently my rolla had scratches on the roof and... the worst case was when a cat (some stray cat / neighbour's cat since I don't bela cats at my house) puked with undigested yet those friskies cat food things on a portion of the roof and on my windscreen. luckily i noticed it when I wanted to go out to buy food. took me a quick wash. If it had been there for the whole night, its gonna suck when it has dried off.

I'm gonna give this thing a shot and see if it does the job. If not, possibly an added reason to get a new paint for the rolla hahaha.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If it is a light scratch, it should have been removed, unless it just cover the scratch only. Is the product paste a little rough to the touch?
Yes, light thin scratches, I'm not sure how the paste feels like but looks smooth to me.
Will get back to you on this question on my 2nd attempt on other parts.

Apparently my rolla had scratches on the roof and... the worst case was when a cat (some stray cat / neighbour's cat since I don't bela cats at my house) puked with undigested yet those friskies cat food things on a portion of the roof and on my windscreen. luckily i noticed it when I wanted to go out to buy food. took me a quick wash. If it had been there for the whole night, its gonna suck when it has dried off.

I'm gonna give this thing a shot and see if it does the job. If not, possibly an added reason to get a new paint for the rolla hahaha.
Ya, I know how awful it looks cuz I have lots of cats at home whereby a few times when I wake up in the morning, it was all over my car. It was hard to wash off since it has already dried.

Wonder they like to choose to vomit on the car instead :hmmmm2:

It only removes minor and light scratches, deep scratches may improved slightly but wont be able to remove it totally. But if it is scratches that is visible in black, then your paint or coat is already scraped off together. Beyond save on that part.

You may try either the one I use or the one vr2turbo use which I find not really expensive either below RM20 from turtlewax.

Another one which I have not tried before where I spotted during my hunt is also from turtlewax.

So, is up to you to decide which to try, I bought that GetF1 at RM8.90 just to try if it works for people with lower budget. Just try and error :biggrin:

But i always believe in, what you pay is what you get :rolleyes:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I have both turtlewax safe cut and the green colour turtlewax scratch and swirl remover. The safe cut is more abrasive and can remove fine scratches easier than the green bottle one. The green one is good at removing swirls but not so good in removing deeper scratches, and it seems that it hide the swirls rather than removing it, if you read the description at the back. Kinda regret to have bought that lol

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I have both turtlewax safe cut and the green colour turtlewax scratch and swirl remover. The safe cut is more abrasive and can remove fine scratches easier than the green bottle one. The green one is good at removing swirls but not so good in removing deeper scratches, and it seems that it hide the swirls rather than removing it, if you read the description at the back. Kinda regret to have bought that lol
Some one else also mention that one is not good....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Haha if it can't even do paint cleaning, I'm gonna ban turtlewax brand forever :biggrin:
The safe cut however still live up to expectation, fortunately.
ha! ha! yup, so far the safe cut for me also live up to expectation.
I have tried color magic, ice sealant and even their QD, and all not up to my expectation....:bawling:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Okay, got conclusion. Safe Cut from TurtleWax is good at least xD

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We have with us the all new Peugeot 308 Turbo. Being a brand new unit, fresh from the showroom. The owner immediately scheduled an appointment with us to get it protected.

Upon arrival, the car looked clean and sleek. The contamination were hidden...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience